Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lawrence of Arabia (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Cannibal Ferox (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Innerspace (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Singin' in the Rain (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Moonrise Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1776 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #11381

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by needles7 View Post
I wonder if Snyder / Warner Bros will release a 'MAN OF STEEL' Extended Directors Cut on bluray when this 'BATMAN vs SUPERMAN' film comes out?

There is definitely a lot of footage shot for 'MAN OF STEEL' that was not used like the 'baby Clark crying and breaking all the hospital glass windows' scenes and more scenes with Diane Lane and Kevin Costner (as Ma and Pa Kent).

What are the chances?
I would love that to happen! Always interesting to watch directors cut`s
Old 04-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #11382

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegærn View Post
I would love that to happen! Always interesting to watch directors cut`s
We should bug Snyder about it. I hope he does release an Extended cut of 'Man Of Steel' (with loads more extras too )

Yes, apparently, it was baby Kal-El and Ma & Pa Kent stuff that was edited more than the other (destruction) stuff. There is an interview on YouTube with Diane Lane and Kevin Costner (together) where they discuss it.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #11383

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
We should bug Snyder about it. I hope he does release an Extended cut of 'Man Of Steel' (with loads more extras too )

Yes, apparently, it was baby Kal-El and Ma & Pa Kent stuff that was edited more than the other (destruction) stuff. There is an interview on YouTube with Diane Lane and Kevin Costner (together) where they discuss it.
The Australian release didn't even include the PiP track, so I would love a new one with it present this time.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #11384
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
I wonder if Snyder / Warner Bros will release a 'MAN OF STEEL' Extended Directors Cut
The current release is his director's cut. He said it himself.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #11385

Dec 2014
Dublin, Ireland

When you guys look at the video of MOS from VideoLab; does it feel like the PQ of an upsampled DVD?

Now tbh I have not looked at the video itself but I have MOS on DVD at home and I have never looked at that either; I think the PQ of the video looks like a DVD being ripped out onto a hard drive with the picture being upsampled on a computer using specific software to make it slightly less in picture & sound quality than the BD edition.

Another theory is that the video itself may be the same quality as a DVD that is shown in upscaled HD and then taken through the upsampling process.

Feel free to agree with my theory or not but anyone who dare makes any attempt to alter someone's else work with very little experience in video editing techniques should be taken with a huge amount of scrutiny and mistrust. VideoLab who would condone this behaviour are effectively taking someone else's work and who then "try" to "improve" without approved permission from the studios who are effectively the copyright holders. WB actually employed some big cinematography and video editing team on a big paycheck who was already deemed worthy to be good to do the original shots with highest possible standards that was being taken into account by the approval of the director and the studio executives.

I never had any issues with the movie theater version of the movie at all. I thought the movie itself was shot beautifully and was made to the highest standard possible. Making standards drop on a video being uploaded for everyone to see and trying to claim that it makes the whole viewing experience better makes the argument of this movie being made better completely irrelevant.

If VideoLab had the bravery to put that on BD; I think the execution of the outcome could leave a lot to be desired and people will not get excited by the result.

Last edited by dublinbluray108; 04-25-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #11386
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talzin78 View Post
But he never finished his other chapter All-Star Batman and Robin. I was one of those that loved that psychotic Batman laughing giddily as he shattered bones of criminals and turned Dick Grayson into a Psycotic Vigilante almost killing Green Lantern, and lets not forget " I'm the GOD DAMN BATMAN!!" line, they had just introduced Joker and Jim Lees art and interpretation was awesome!
Or this: Wonder Woman's "Out of my way ***** bank!"

"To realize that all your life—you know, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain—it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream. A dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams there's a monster at the end of it."

-- Rustin Cohle
Old 04-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #11387

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinbluray108 View Post
When you guys look at the video of MOS from VideoLab; does it feel like the PQ of an upsampled DVD?

Now tbh I have not looked at the video itself but I have MOS on DVD at home and I have never looked at that either; I think the PQ of the video looks like a DVD being ripped out onto a hard drive with the picture being upsampled on a computer using specific software to make it slightly less in picture & sound quality than the BD edition.

Another theory is that the video itself may be the same quality as a DVD that is shown in upscaled HD and then taken through the upsampling process.

Feel free to agree with my theory or not but anyone who dare makes any attempt to alter someone's else work with very little experience in video editing techniques should be taken with a huge amount of scrutiny and mistrust. VideoLab who would condone this behaviour are effectively taking someone else's work and who then "try" to "improve" without approved permission from the studios who are effectively the copyright holders. WB actually employed some big cinematography and video editing team on a big paycheck who was already deemed worthy to be good to do the original shots with highest possible standards that was being taken into account by the approval of the director and the studio executives.

I never had any issues with the movie theater version of the movie at all. I thought the movie itself was shot beautifully and was made to the highest standard possible. Making standards drop on a video being uploaded for everyone to see and trying to claim that it makes the whole viewing experience better makes the argument of this movie being made better completely irrelevant.

If VideoLab had the bravery to put that on BD; I think the execution of the outcome could leave a lot to be desired and people will not get excited by the result.
That video has been debunked multiple places. They darkened the original footage to make their "original" footage.
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (04-26-2015)
Old 04-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #11388
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Since this deleted scene didn't make the final cut of MOS, I'm hoping they include this into Batman V. Superman somehow...

*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Thanks given by:
Darth Marcus (Yesterday), jetjaguar4 (Yesterday), Mandalorian (04-26-2015), Ray_Rogers (Today), Trav606 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM   #11389

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinbluray108 View Post

http://www.cinematicramblings.com/blog/2015/4/25/x

This has been on the front page of /r/movies on Reddit for most of the day.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM   #11390
Power Member

Jan 2012
Default Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike M. View Post
http://www.cinematicramblings.com/blog/2015/4/25/x

This has been on the front page of /r/movies on Reddit for most of the day.
People are spending more time picking apart the video in than point it was trying to make.

Man of Steel and movies with heavy desaturation and color grading would look better with more natural and vibrant color.

That is the point of the video and that is what people should be talking about. Sad thing is, they didn't need to trick anyone to get that message across, I don't understand why they would intentionally do it as nobody's talking about the point anymore.

Interstellar Digital Copy FULL CODE (UV/iTunes/Google Play): $3 PM Me :)

If anyone has any Interstellar IMAX cells of the ship(s), docking sequence, Tesseract sequence or planets, I am buying. PM pics & price.

==>> Dreamliner330’s Blu-ray and slipcover sale extravaganza! 40% must go!!! (Paramount 100 slips too)
Thanks given by:
StevenHarvey1990 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #11391
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
Man of Steel and movies with heavy desaturation and color grading would look better with more natural and vibrant color.
"Would look better" to whom? That's for the director to decide. Same thing with what's considered "more natural" or "more vibrant". Heck, if there's one thing that video's color wasn't was 'natural'.
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #11392
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

I have to respectfully disagree. Would Saving Private Ryan be better with "more vibrant colors" or Se7en or Gran Torino? Those movies are all telling a specific story that bright colors would be inappropriate for, so is Man of Steel. Does Pa Kent need to get killed by a baby blue tornado? Should Superman be forced to kill Zod in a pleasant amber tinted train station?
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #11393
Expert Member

Oct 2012

First of all. The VideoLab thing is a DEMONSTRATION!!! People picking holes in that are seriously petty.

Secondly, why does everyone assume that those who wanted a lighter, more colourized version want a sunshine and rainbows Teletubbies film. Again petty.

Quote:
"Would look better" to whom? That's for the director to decide
Yes. Zack Snyder gets to tell me what I prefer, okay, thanks for clearing that up. He is God and I now love Man of Steel. People that take issue with the colour palette do so as it doesn't align with their 'personal preference'. So if I said, it'd look better with a different colour palette that I like then it's safe to say it "would look better" TO ME!

Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree. Would Saving Private Ryan be better with "more vibrant colors" or Se7en or Gran Torino? Those movies are all telling a specific story that bright colors would be inappropriate for, so is Man of Steel. Does Pa Kent need to get killed by a baby blue tornado? Should Superman be forced to kill Zod in a pleasant amber tinted train station?
I know this is hyperbole but did anyone ask for the WHOLE MOVIE to be rainbows and sunshine, I don't think so. Yes the film has darker elements and those moments should be darker, because you know that makes sense! As for J. Kent getting killed by a baby blue tornado, I'd rather that wasn't in the film at all but I don't think anyone could have issue with grey skies during a storm, it is the rest of the movie that's the problem. Regarding the Saving Private Ryan analogy... yeah that doesn't really go. Have people forgotten this is supposed to be a SUPERHERO movie, featuring the apex of it all Superman, THE BEACON OF HOPE! Nah, but it is totally kool, lets just have the Beacon of Bleak.

I've noticed that the people that say they like MOS spend more time bashing those that have criticisms than actually expressing their like of the film. Says it all really. If I think a movie is bad no amount of Snyder 'fanboys' are going to change my mind!

Good, people like the film, I'm not gonna waste my time trying to convince you not to like it. That's just as dumb as people trying to convince me that I do like it or should like it. I DON'T and I WON'T, not now not ever! The people in this thread should just accept that the film obviously isn't as perfect as you think, or there wouldn't be so many with criticism. Equally and oppositely others should accept that the film isn't the monstrosity we think it is either, because of the people who do like it.

PS. Film is subjective.
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #11394
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHarvey1990 View Post
First of all. The VideoLab thing is a DEMONSTRATION!!! People picking holes in that are seriously petty.
One could say the same about the video itself. They even had to alter the original footage.

Quote:
Yes. Zack Snyder gets to tell me what I prefer, okay, thanks for clearing that up. He is God and I now love Man of Steel.
Who said he gets to decide what you prefer? There's no need for strawmen...

Quote:
Film is subjective.
Exactly. So let's respect the choices made by the artists and not pretend that we know better about their own work.
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM   #11395

Nov 2014

I like color because I like it when movies look realistic. It annoys me when they look like I forgot to remove my sunglasses.

By the way, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are quite colorful movies, despite all the black used.
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #11396
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2009

Is Bruce going to use animal crackers against superman?
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #11397
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Is Bruce going to use animal crackers against superman?
Thanks given by:
Trav606 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #11398

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie walker View Post
How about you take the whole thing a little less seriously?

None of this stuff is life or death. Criticism of the fictional stuff you love is not criticism of you. People make comments on this stuff because they're bored or wasting time.

All this hiding behind "inclusiveness" is a smokescreen for an insidious kind of social censorship. There really does seem to be a strange thing about the internet generation in that you don't seem able to handle any kind of criticism, as if you're somehow entitled not to have your personal bubble of happiness pricked in any way. Maybe it's because you're all subject to intrusive personal criticism on your smart phones and twitter feeds and facebook whatever, and you've been over-sensitised. I don't know.

But you're kind of arguing for parameters on democracy which is a pretty dangerous road to go down. Do you really want to just read positive comments about everything? Would that make life feel safer somehow? Or would you just like content with no ability to comment whatsoever?

I'm not meaning to pick you out, particularly. It's just that your post seems typical of so many. People have got a right to post as many negative comments as they like. It's not a big deal; it's just a movie/comic book. One thing's for sure: If you'd all stop getting so wound up about it, there'd be a lot less of it.
Actually, it works both ways. Everything you said could be applied to all these people that whine and complain over and over about such small things. As you say: "None of this stuff is life or death." These are just movies. These adaptations will never be perfect to everyone, so we should try to enjoy them for what they are, and be thankful that these films are being made at all.

Last edited by Yojimbo; Yesterday at 07:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #11399
Expert Member

Jul 2009

I don't see a problem with someone tinkering with the coloring of MOS. I hear people say all the time "well, if you think you can do it better, do it." He did. No one got hurt. The original is still the definitive version. If anything, the people who didn't like MOS because of the color can now enjoy the movie. Everybody wins.
I personally wish there was a way to "fix" the constant shaking of the camera from MOS, but, what are ya gonna do?
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #11400
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrant_33 View Post
I don't see a problem with someone tinkering with the coloring of MOS. I hear people say all the time "well, if you think you can do it better, do it." He did. No one got hurt. The original is still the definitive version. If anything, the people who didn't like MOS because of the color can now enjoy the movie. Everybody wins.
I personally wish there was a way to "fix" the constant shaking of the camera from MOS, but, what are ya gonna do?
What about someone changing the color setting in the picture settings on an hdtv for the color when watching it on Blu-ray ? That, I think could be another option but I'm not referring to changing the color to the point where everyones skin in the movie is orange .
I've got no strings on me - Ultron
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
dark knight, man of steel