Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$15.79
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
No Holds Barred (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #3101

Oct 2012

I couldn't resist the Bestbuy deal after passing up the tourniquet wrapped Target set earlier this week. I'm looking forward to all the extra content!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #3102
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDANGER View Post
I couldn't resist the Bestbuy deal after passing up the tourniquet wrapped Target set earlier this week. I'm looking forward to all the extra content!
Having Look Up in the Sky and Science of Superman in HD was a very nice touch. Those Adventures of Superman clips look good in HD.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #3103

Sep 2012
Cary, NC

I'm hoping for a Best Buy gift card for Christmas and I hope this sale lasts at least another week for me to pick this up!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'" - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Old 01-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #3104
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeece View Post
I'm hoping for a Best Buy gift card for Christmas and I hope this sale lasts at least another week for me to pick this up!
If their site is any indication, the price is now $120. Hopefully the store price is still lower.
"Who is Guy..Meatdrapes? What kinda' name is that?" "Um..it's um..Medrapades sir, it's uh, it's Greek." "Well I think you're pronouncing it wrong. This says Meatdrapes." "It's actually pronounced, um, Medrapades." "Well why doesn't it sound like that when I say it? Meatdrapes."
Old 01-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #3105
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50strat54 View Post
I know this is the Bluray forum, but when Groupon had that Mega Superman Box in a metal box for $19.99, I jumped on it.

I remember when everyone salivated over this DVD set. It was I think about $80 when it came out. The Superman doc is worth the price alone.

Even if it's all DVD, it was an amazing package. Lots of bonus stuff.

I supplemented this box with the WB Superman 3 pack [bluray] Superman, Superman II Donner cut and Superman Returns. Don't need Superman 3 and 4 on Bluray and I'm fine with Lester cut of Superman II on DVD. Didn't matter to me if I didn't get the special features since I have them on the Mega Metal Box.
I just got the 5 disc collection from UK (With the Anthology discs for S1/2 theatrical, 3, 4 and Returns) and dug my DVD Ultimate Collection set out of storage. Removing the discs completely covered by the 5 Blu-rays I had room to add Supergirl and, when I get around to it, Man of Steel. I love that set's packaging. Getting the pared down Blu-rays for 10 pounds + shipping I feel really happy with this seeing as I prefer the theatrical cuts of 1/2 and the only extras I'm missing are Science of Superman and the HD presentation of Look Up In The Sky. I figure if/when I find the Superman Extended/Donner Cut discs for cheap I can slip them in in place of the DVDs, but it's not much of a priority for me.

Last edited by kidglov3s; 01-31-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #3106

Aug 2013

Was the extended intro for Singer's Superman Returns released on Bluray? Would I have to buy this big set to get it?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #3107

Mar 2012
West Richland WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post
Was the extended intro for Singer's Superman Returns released on Bluray? Would I have to buy this big set to get it?
It an extra on the blu-ray feature!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #3108
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post
You can get that (included in the deleted scenes on the disc for Superman Returns) and the theatrical cuts for 1-4 (imo the major draw of this set) in the region free 5 disc set that's currently 12 pounds on Amazon UK. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 AM   #3109
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic

I have the UK version...
It's a DigiPak...
Is the US edition a DigiBook or DigiPak?
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX Live GamerTag is KaineKinetic
My DeviantArt Page
My Selling Page
Old 03-26-2014, 06:56 AM   #3110
Special Member

Feb 2011
USA

The set is a digipak, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think any of the Superman films in the anthology have been released in digibook form. Man of Steel had a Target exclusive digibook.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #3111
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich65 View Post
The set is a digipak, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think any of the Superman films in the anthology have been released in digibook form. Man of Steel had a Target exclusive digibook.
For me, that one can stay in Target.
I will NEVER own that movie.
MoS?
More like PoS!
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX Live GamerTag is KaineKinetic
My DeviantArt Page
My Selling Page
Old 03-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #3112

Sep 2010

Not sure how many times I have bough the Superman films on DVD and BD, but probably quite a few times. I would probably buy them again if there were another release with new extras lol.
Panasonic TX-P50GT30B, Sony STR-DH810, Sony BDP-S480
Old 03-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #3113

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post
Not sure how many times I have bough the Superman films on DVD and BD, but probably quite a few times. I would probably buy them again if there were another release with new extras lol.
Same here. I have two different DVD sets and this set.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #3114

Jul 2013

I wish they would release a Blu-ray of Part II...
Old 03-27-2014, 02:51 AM   #3115

Feb 2013
Somerville, MA

I ordered this through Best Buy today. Finally broke down and got it. $50 was reasonable. Only really want it for the first and Lester version of II. The others I could really do without.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #3116

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonFilmFan View Post
I ordered this through Best Buy today. Finally broke down and got it. $50 was reasonable. Only really want it for the first and Lester version of II. The others I could really do without.
The Donner Cut is full of faults, but there are a ton of fan edits out there that do the "best of both worlds" approach with the 2 versions. Each have their pros and cons. If you're more than just a casual Superman film fan and really like the "Reeverse" or w/e, I strongly urge you do some research and check them out.

And before anyone says, "Those may be good but the point is that we shouldn't have to go through this trouble. A best version should be available in stores for anyone not in the know", yes I agree 100%. There is one fan editor, who for a while looked like he was gonna get the ball rolling with something exciting. He spoke to people at WB and said that they were very interested but not at the time. Meaning it all depended on the success of the next film. Well, regardless of opinions, I think MoS did well enough that they're sticking with it (as the Batman/Justice League sequel is already in the works). However no one has heard anything from this guy in a long time except for him re-releasing his fan edit clips on youtube in slightly better quality. Originally we could only see his clips at 240p, but now we got them in 480p. I'd like to think that right now he's at work doing it again with the new box set and the reason he's been quiet lately is because he is working with the people at WB right now and we'll get his "2 part saga" release of Superman 1 and his new version of part 2. Though personally I'd like a standalone blu-ray of 2 with all 3 versions, as well as the tv version of the film, which has never been released. That version has even more footage that neither Lester nor Donner's version has.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Here's some clips:

Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM   #3117
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonFilmFan View Post
There is a 5 movie Blu-ray set with the Anthology discs for the theatrical cuts of 1-4 and Superman Returns, region free, released in the UK. Right now it is $22.52 shipped to US (using the Amazon converter, from 13.08 pounds). I got that set and used it to replace the corresponding discs in the Ultimate DVD set (to which I also added Supergirl and MoS).
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #3118

Sep 2010

Yeah, Selutron looked like he was trying to get something great to happen for Superman 2, and there were discussions with him and WB about getting something done. It is a real shame nothing ever took off, as his ideas were great. But I feel the main reason it didn't happen was because they didn't want to insult Donner. After he got fired and was unable to complete his vision of Superman 2 for such a long time, it probably seemed wise to respect his cut of the film after all those years.
Panasonic TX-P50GT30B, Sony STR-DH810, Sony BDP-S480
Old 03-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #3119

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post
Yeah, Selutron looked like he was trying to get something great to happen for Superman 2, and there were discussions with him and WB about getting something done. It is a real shame nothing ever took off, as his ideas were great. But I feel the main reason it didn't happen was because they didn't want to insult Donner. After he got fired and was unable to complete his vision of Superman 2 for such a long time, it probably seemed wise to respect his cut of the film after all those years.
Completely understand and agree. The only thing I think is different is, Selutron said numerous times that the suits he spoke to were concerned about marketing and "out with the old and in with the new". So basically "You've got great ideas and this has a lot of potential. However, this franchise has been re-released so many times now that releasing yet another version of S2 will only confuse buyers further." So if Sel does have something planned (these new youtube videos prove he's at least both still around, and is still interested in the project), it's probably gonna be some time far down the road after consumers have had time to "digest" this new version of S2. It's probably the reason why the sequels haven't been released as standalones (yet). So people can get acclimated with t fact that there are now 2 versions of the same movie. Making a 3rd one will only make things worse.

So, FWIW, here's hoping we get something on the next anniversary for S2 (35th anniversary, 40th, etc...), or anniversary for S1 (40th anniversary, 45th, etc..) and we get a 2 pack of S1 with Sel's version of 2.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
superman