Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Mad Max (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Cinderella (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$36.88
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: Complete Series + OVA LE (Blu-ray)
$40.29
Stigmata (Blu-ray)
$15.89
The Lazarus Effect (Blu-ray)
$22.96
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie *After You've Seen It!*
One Star 5 0.99%
Two Stars 20 3.97%
Three Stars 66 13.10%
Four Stars 161 31.94%
Five Stars 252 50.00%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #3001
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
New Zealand

I can single out the moment
[Show spoiler]when Cooper leaves his family for the mission, as he drives off in his pick-up, the sound was seriously over bearing right there.

on the otherhand, i see the entire movie as an adventure in film making, Chris Nolan spoke of his drive to have the sound the way it was, I'll always back artistic licence..
# L L A P
Old 04-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #3002
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rouge View Post
I can single out the moment
[Show spoiler]when Cooper leaves his family for the mission, as he drives off in his pick-up, the sound was seriously over bearing right there.

on the otherhand, i see the entire movie as an adventure in film making, Chris Nolan spoke of his drive to have the sound the way it was, I'll always back artistic licence..
It's all supposed to be real loud at that point, what with the segue straight into the launch of the spacecraft which, as I understand it, is an event that's usually pretty darned loud anyway. I love how the blaring music gives way to the roar of the engines as it takes off, and I can still hear mission control giving the countdown perfectly well in the midst of it.

I've got a fair few problems with Interstellar the film, but not Interstellar the sound mix.

Last edited by Geoff D; 04-09-2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Segue, not seque. I have no idea what a 'seque' is.
Thanks given by:
L-Rouge (04-09-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #3003

Jan 2014
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
Question When can we expect some Gift Set from Interestellar?

When can we expect some Gift Set from Interestellar?
And what should be in this Gift Set? A miniature of the spaceship, of the robots, etc...

Thank you
Ivan
Old 04-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #3004

Feb 2015
Massachusetts

I really never had a problem hearing dialogue both IMAX showings I went to. I mean like maybe 2 or 3 lines in the whole film, but that's fairly average for movie. There's always a few lines I have trouble hearing. I guess I can't criticize anybody who did have problems though.

Wasn't it mostly with IMAX digital screenings people had trouble hearing, or am I just imagining that? For some reason I was under that impression
Old 04-09-2015, 08:21 PM   #3005

Feb 2008
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGod View Post
I really never had a problem hearing dialogue both IMAX showings I went to. I mean like maybe 2 or 3 lines in the whole film, but that's fairly average for movie. There's always a few lines I have trouble hearing. I guess I can't criticize anybody who did have problems though.

Wasn't it mostly with IMAX digital screenings people had trouble hearing, or am I just imagining that? For some reason I was under that impression
I saw Interstellar in both IMAX flavours and didn't find any sound issues in its digital screenings. With 70mm IMAX I did notice some of the issues, though put it to the side since I loved how the entire room rocked with that sound mix.

Samsung Series 550 46' TV
Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD and VSX-47TX
Panamax M4300-PM
Definitive Technology ProCinema 1000 Front Speakers, ProCinema 1000 Center Speaker, ProCinema 800 Surround Speakers
Klipsch XW-300D Subwoofe
r
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
interstellar