Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Cyber Monday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek Beyond 4K + 3D Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Boxtrolls 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Top Gun 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$22.00
Dial M for Murder 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.34
A Christmas Carol 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.40
Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 04-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #241
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widescreenfilmguy View Post
I read that Beauty and the Beast went back in the Disney Vault so the prices went way up. I just imported the 3D Blu with Brave 3D for $30 shipped from Amazon UK, took a while to get here but arrived on Saturday
Yes, the Vault is Disney's way of saying "Sales slowed down, so we stopped printing them till the next format arrives".

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
I almost went for the UK version of Beauty and the Beast 3D but glad I held off because I got a great deal from a fellow board member here on the US 3D version, in great shape, only thing missing was the digital copy which was fine by me. I was able to turn around and sell my 2D version, complete and in great shape, for a decent amount since its a vaulted title
Good to hear.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:45 AM   #242
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yes, the Vault is Disney's way of saying "Sales slowed down, so we stopped printing them till the next format arrives".
Except the Vault is usually timed to create artificial scarcity -- 12 to 18 months of release per 7 years, even less for the Fantasias. It actually came from Walt's own practice of reissuing his films to theaters only for short runs every 7 years or so to keep them fresh for new generations of kids; it shifted to home video as re-releases died out, then was narrowed to the current list of 15. If anything, slow sales are likely to keep a title out longer; the most likely explanation for Aladdin taking so long to hit U.S. BD is its Platinum DVD stayed in release several years beyond when it should have gone back.
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; LG BP550 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, PDVD 14)
A/V hardware: Sony XBR-65X900C (4K-3D); Vizio E3D320VX (3D); Roku 3 (2015); Galaxy Tab S2 8.0; Moto X Pure Edition
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:42 PM   #243

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post
Except the Vault is usually timed to create artificial scarcity -- 12 to 18 months of release per 7 years, even less for the Fantasias. It actually came from Walt's own practice of reissuing his films to theaters only for short runs every 7 years or so to keep them fresh for new generations of kids; it shifted to home video as re-releases died out, then was narrowed to the current list of 15. If anything, slow sales are likely to keep a title out longer; the most likely explanation for Aladdin taking so long to hit U.S. BD is its Platinum DVD stayed in release several years beyond when it should have gone back.
But the last time Disney vaulted a movie was 2 years ago. Is Disney stopping the Vault system altogether but just keeping up a lineup?
Old 07-20-2016, 12:02 AM   #244

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachufan1336 View Post
But the last time Disney vaulted a movie was 2 years ago. Is Disney stopping the Vault system altogether but just keeping up a lineup?
Unclear - the Disney Movie Club website shows 101 Dalmatians as becoming unavailable 9/1/2016. It doesn't say "going into Vault" but still says it will be unavailable - whether that is just from the Club or altogether?
Old 07-20-2016, 12:04 AM   #245
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshansen View Post
Unclear - the Disney Movie Club website shows 101 Dalmatians as becoming unavailable 9/1/2016. It doesn't say "going into Vault" but still says it will be unavailable - whether that is just from the Club or altogether?
If you don't have that yet, it very well could mean it's going into the vault, in other words, out of print till maybe 10 years down the road. The prices will increase very quickly as supplies drop in retail.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:16 AM   #246

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshansen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
If you don't have that yet, it very well could mean it's going into the vault, in other words, out of print till maybe 10 years down the road. The prices will increase very quickly as supplies drop in retail.
Doesnt that just mean the digital copy wont be redeemable, thats what my blu ray says. And what about Cinderella, the Jungle Book, etc
Old 07-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #247
Expert Member

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachufan1336 View Post
Doesnt that just mean the digital copy wont be redeemable, thats what my blu ray says. And what about Cinderella, the Jungle Book, etc
Sounds to me like it either won't be available on Disney Movie Club or pulled from retail altogether.

Also the digital copy should still be redeemable if a title is in the vault, I redeemed the Peter Pan code just fine a few months ago despite the title being the title being in the vault and not available for traditional digital purchase anymore.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #248

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
Sounds to me like it either won't be available on Disney Movie Club or pulled from retail altogether.

Also the digital copy should still be redeemable if a title is in the vault, I redeemed the Peter Pan code just fine a few months ago despite the title being the title being in the vault and not available for traditional digital purchase anymore.
Good point, I guess we'll have to wait and see

Update:
I looked at my Disney movies and noticed that Sleeping Beauty's Digital copy code expired in may. The film is still available at the Disney stores, and itunes.
So I think it's safe to say the same thing is happening with the others, it's just the superfluous code "expiration", not the film actually going in the Vault

Last edited by pikachufan1336; 07-22-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies