Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Exorcist III (Blu-ray)
$22.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Aliens (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Carrie (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pan's Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Highlander (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Today, 12:23 AM   #2561
Expert Member

Aug 2007
Wellington, NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre08 View Post
i love that some of you still think this has anything at all to do with DC
Course it ****ing does. Like idiot android fanboys that whinge about apple and vice versa. It's purely moaning about something for the hell of it
Thanks given by:
Nightopian (Today)
Old Today, 12:32 AM   #2562
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

I like humor in comic book films, just not over the top humor. The only comic book film with a lot of humor I enjoyed so far is GotG because it seemed to fit the tone. The humor in the WW trailer and the humor in this are fine. It's just that they seemed to make sure to focus on it a little too much in this show reel(not going to call it a trailer anymore because it's not) as to say " Hey people that wanted humor, here it is!" And to me, that's not a good sign. I'm hoping that is the situation with this and the whole film doesn't turn out that way.

Last edited by Drewbee87; Today at 12:51 AM.
Old Today, 12:34 AM   #2563
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2015
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
Course it ****ing does. Like idiot android fanboys that whinge about apple and vice versa. It's purely moaning about something for the hell of it
right. that's why I've been gushing about Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. Clearly I hate DC
Bigger Michael Bay Fan than Blu-Benny
Un fan de Luc Besson

Ultraviolet codes for sale
Disney DMA/DMR codes for sale
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #2564
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymoron View Post
Ezra Miller was a TERRIBLE choice for Barry Allen. Still blows me away that he was selected for the role.

How do you know? Did you hop in a Delorean and see the movie over a year from how already?
Thanks given by:
mredman (Today)
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #2565
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlayman View Post

Don't you know it's "cool" to say you want/like dark films? I don't listen to those idiots. The only thing dark about BvS was the cinematography. It was so dark that you had trouble making out what was going on. Most people still don't know what the Batmobile looks like. Nothing wrong with the Marvel films. People blaming Disney? Nothing's changed since it moved from Paramount. It's just immature to cry about action/family movie not being mature enough.
I didn't have any trouble whatsoever making out what was happening during BvS.
Best movies last 10 years: Carol, Birdman, Her, The Master, Melancholia, The Social Network, Inglorious Basterds, The Dark Knight, Assassination of Jesse James, The Prestige
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (Today), Nightopian (Today)
Old Today, 01:05 AM   #2566
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

I thought the footage looked great, but I don't blame someone if they didn't like it. Things click with different people. I am stoked for this though and I want to see more.
Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures
Old Today, 01:15 AM   #2567
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Central California

I'm really excited for this movie but I think this sizzle reel needed tighter editing. I know it's not really a trailer (or even a teaser) and was more to just show some of the characters but it felt sluggish. I'm still not sold on Jason Momoa as Aquaman and I'm really ont familiar with Cyborg. But I will said that I was instantly sold on Ezra Miller as Barry Allen. Much like Grant Gustin, he seems to perfectly nail the attitude and personality I expect Flash to have. Of course, Gal Gadot impressed me as Diana in Dawn of Justice and looks even more fantastic in Wonder Woman, so I'm totally fine with her.
Tumblr & Blog

Favorite Movies
Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Lethal Weapon, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Blade Runner, Halloween
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #2568
Expert Member

Jul 2015

Momoa actually kind of worked in the reel. I didn't like his scene in BvS.
MHOR CHN LCHT RRD. GU BIDNNG SHN FEHD RO FHUAR. GD J'DI CRRN SA TU NAF EUN OA. - Thon
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #2569
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by captveg View Post
People, please keep in mind that JL has shot maybe 20% of the film at this point. That they were able to present a fair amount of footage is pretty impressive.
Something some people can't seem to grasp. Its pretty clear to see we are talking footage here and not a trailer at all. It even says "Justice League comiccon footage". Of course there is no cohesive thing about this its only to show the team being assembled. Hell even "teaser and trailers" for movies long out are usually just clips there is never really cohesive about them.

The movie is still shooting for crying out loud. They only shot about 2 months now there is still 4 months of shooting left for this one. Then comes all the post production ect.
Old Today, 01:40 AM   #2570
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2015
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
this.

He can't really act his way out of a paper bag, but as long as his job is to mostly stand around looking buff and grunting angrily at things before he punches them, he'll be a highlight.
Bigger Michael Bay Fan than Blu-Benny
Un fan de Luc Besson

Ultraviolet codes for sale
Disney DMA/DMR codes for sale
Old Today, 02:31 AM   #2571

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
How do you know? Did you hop in a Delorean and see the movie over a year from how already?
No, but I've seen most of his screen performances and read a lot of Barry Allen by many different writers and artists? I think he's a thoroughly unimpressive actor, and I have certain expectations for the character based on what I've read.
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #2572
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Yeah, because the filmmakers aren't supposed to make the character's work for the world they built, right?
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #2573
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
Yeah, because the filmmakers aren't supposed to make the character's work for the world they built, right?
Aquaman doesn't require a top tier actor. Momoa worked as a great Khal of the Dothraki, I think he'll be more than adequate as the first film live action Arthur Curry and that's coming from someone who thinks he should be excluded from the JLA films. Well, at least at first, I'm definitely coming around on the idea.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old Today, 02:54 AM   #2574
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre08 View Post
this.

He can't really act his way out of a paper bag, but as long as his job is to mostly stand around looking buff and grunting angrily at things before he punches them, he'll be a highlight.
Seriously. He had one thing to do in BvS and he couldn't even do that convincingly.
Old Today, 03:07 AM   #2575
Suspended

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
I didn't like any of the Justice League Files scenes. They felt shoehorned into the movie.

But, yeah, Momoa does look great here. I like this more savage interpretation of Aquaman. Reminds me of Marvel's Namor in the 90's.
Old Today, 03:47 AM   #2576
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
And where did i insinuate they are? Would you agree that without comic-book readers, the characters would not have been a success for their creators? Therefore studios would not have taken the chance of developing them for the cinema. So while they are making movies for everyone where does that preclude them making the character true to their creators visions. The ones that were a success.
New adaptations by new creative people should be different things. They should suit the medium, the talent involved and the times. No one complains when novels are changed to be better suited for the screen, because it makes sense to do so. Why comic book fans can't get over the same thing happening to them is beyond me. Not calling you out specifically, it's everywhere. If anything is different from the comics I have to read endless articles and posts about what a catastrophe it is. Meanwhile Alan Grant never crawled around in a volcano collecting eggs and no one gives a shit.

Also, beyond even that, characters like Batman no longer belong to comic fans or writers. They have expanded into the culture so thoroughly at this point I bet you have more Batman fans who never read a comic once than you do the opposite. Kids raised on Batman '66 and Batman '89 and the animated series and now the Nolan movies. These people have just as much ownership, love and expectation for the characters as you or any other comic reader does.
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (Today)
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #2577
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
New adaptations by new creative people should be different things. They should suit the medium, the talent involved and the times. No one complains when novels are changed to be better suited for the screen, because it makes sense to do so. Why comic book fans can't get over the same thing happening to them is beyond me. Not calling you out specifically, it's everywhere. If anything is different from the comics I have to read endless articles and posts about what a catastrophe it is. Meanwhile Alan Grant never crawled around in a volcano collecting eggs and no one gives a shit.

Also, beyond even that, characters like Batman no longer belong to comic fans or writers. They have expanded into the culture so thoroughly at this point I bet you have more Batman fans who never read a comic once than you do the opposite. Kids raised on Batman '66 and Batman '89 and the animated series and now the Nolan movies. These people have just as much ownership, love and expectation for the characters as you or any other comic reader does.

This is what comes to mind whenever someone talks about the "one true version."
Old Today, 05:08 AM   #2578
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quite liked the "teaser". Ezra seems like a good fit for Barry, but I still wish it was Grant. Not a fan of the Flash suit, or his blue lightning though. Still, looks like it should be interesting!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies