Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Spectre (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Once Upon a Time in America (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Sisters (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Animated Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2015, 02:24 AM   #501
Kukulele Kukulele is offline
Active Member
 
Kukulele's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
I see. Interesting (and sad).
Why sad? This could only be good news
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:57 AM   #502
Nailwraps Nailwraps is online now
Power Member
 
Jun 2012
USA
314
989
Default

I'm just used to films being owned by their distributors.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #503
cine74 cine74 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cine74's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
NJ
2014
661
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
I'm just used to films being owned by their distributors.
In DEAD ALIVE's case, that would be Lionsgate - a studio I wish would cease to exist so that their back catalog could get picked up by someone who wants to exploit it. As far as Jackson being in control of the rights to his early films, it could be a good thing but he could turn out to be another James Cameron - always too busy to take the time to properly remaster the films. And everybody knows by now that if you're JC or PJ, nobody else has the "expertise" to work on the films except their canonized director .
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jedidarrick (02-02-2016)
Old 11-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #504
VIDEOgameDROME VIDEOgameDROME is offline
Member
 
VIDEOgameDROME's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Cliff from Scream Factory recently said that the rights reverted back to Jackson. Lionsgate doesn't have it anymore, which is why the Blu is OOP.
If what you say is true, I hope Scream Factory gets the rights to remaster both cuts (or at least the U.S. cut) and gives them a proper release! I didn't bother with the first blu-ray because the picture quality was so bad. I don't expect them to have a great-looking, uncut master of Braindead.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #505
Dick Deckard Dick Deckard is offline
Expert Member
 
Dick Deckard's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
My parent's house
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIDEOgameDROME View Post
If what you say is true, I hope Scream Factory gets the rights to remaster both cuts (or at least the U.S. cut) and gives them a proper release! I didn't bother with the first blu-ray because the picture quality was so bad. I don't expect them to have a great-looking, uncut master of Braindead.
That'd be sweet and get PJ to contribute to the special features. I like PJ's older movies more than his middle earth stuff. Huge bonus feature filled editions of Bad Taste, Braindead, and Heavenly Creatures would rule.
Fear the man with nothing left to lose.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:09 AM   #506
demonknight demonknight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Apr 2013
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Deckard View Post
That'd be sweet and get PJ to contribute to the special features. I like PJ's older movies more than his middle earth stuff. Huge bonus feature filled editions of Bad Taste, Braindead, and Heavenly Creatures would rule.
Jackson doesn't own Heavenly Creatures. Miramax does. Jackson, however, does own Meet the Feebles
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:51 AM   #507
Dick Deckard Dick Deckard is offline
Expert Member
 
Dick Deckard's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
My parent's house
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Jackson doesn't own Heavenly Creatures. Miramax does. Jackson, however, does own Meet the Feebles
Doesn't mean PJ couldn't contribute to the special features if Miramax ever does a special edition. PJ doesn't own LOTR or the Hobbits.
Fear the man with nothing left to lose.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #508
Nightman04 Nightman04 is offline
Power Member
 
Nightman04's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
1348
12
Default

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it would get re released. So mad I missed this one
Looking for:
Blot 3D Slip Cover
Mars Needs Moms 3D Slip Cover
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:11 AM   #509
Nickeleye7 Nickeleye7 is offline
Active Member
 
Nickeleye7's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Mesa, Arizona
38
Default

Another ebay bootleg? Says it's from laser paradise which should be "official" for Germany. Ridiculous price though, didn't even know it was up for pre-order anywhere beforehand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Braindead-ak...3D321993992072
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #510
Nocturnaloner Nocturnaloner is offline
Power Member
 
Nocturnaloner's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
580
139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickeleye7 View Post
Another ebay bootleg? Says it's from laser paradise which should be "official" for Germany. Ridiculous price though, didn't even know it was up for pre-order anywhere beforehand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Braindead-ak...3D321993992072
There is already an apparently very poor quality blu-ray bootleg of the uncut Braindead. According to this forum thread, some German blu-ray fans are saying that the blu-ray is likely the same, and the dvd is also the same 'Blood Edition' that has been out for years: https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (04-15-2016)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 PM.