Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rio Grande (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #21
SolidRaider SolidRaider is offline
Senior Member
 
SolidRaider's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Chicago, IL
561
266
1
Default

Damn, the price went up. My mind was already in "buy mode" but not anymore since the price has gone up by $0.80.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #22
JJJ225 JJJ225 is offline
Special Member
 
JJJ225's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
New York City
493
93
1
Default

This will be $14.99 during the July Barnes and Noble sale. Wait it out!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #23
Sporkies Sporkies is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

I picked it up yesterday during the B&N 40% off blu-ray sale along with M. Can't wait to watch both of them!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #24
jrsl76 jrsl76 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
jrsl76's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
1246
623
42
Default

This one was excellent. I really loved it and highly recommend picking it up.
My Criterion Collection

Please help me acquire these UK slips (in Mint condition): Cross Of Iron, Rasputin The Mad Monk, The Devil Rides Out
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #25
scissorpuppy scissorpuppy is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2012
39
Default

Anyone have any issues with the last and next to last chapter of this film glitching? Freezing, skipping, jittering etc... I'm on my third copy from B&N and I guess it's just my player. My firmware is up to date and everything. I just want to see how the damn thing ends
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #26
dougotte dougotte is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2009
185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorpuppy View Post
Anyone have any issues with the last and next to last chapter of this film glitching? Freezing, skipping, jittering etc... I'm on my third copy from B&N and I guess it's just my player. My firmware is up to date and everything. I just want to see how the damn thing ends
I've watched it twice on a Sony 590 and had no problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
Dex Robinson Dex Robinson is online now
Special Member
 
Dex Robinson's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorpuppy View Post
Anyone have any issues with the last and next to last chapter of this film glitching? Freezing, skipping, jittering etc... I'm on my third copy from B&N and I guess it's just my player...
If you are on your third copy, it's DEFINITELY your player.

I've got this an I had no problems at all with it and I haven't read other reports of problems.

Fortunately, BD players are cheap thes days and it's sounds like you're about ready for a new one. Honestly, given the price of BD players, I think it's highly advisable for those of us who regularly buy Blu-rays to have a SECOND player as a back-up and to help confirm any issues. You can probably find a cheap player for $50.00. I have a Panasonic as my main player and a PS3 backup. Having two players has helped on a couple of occassions to isolate problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
965
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex Robinson View Post
Honestly, given the price of BD players, I think it's highly advisable for those of us who regularly buy Blu-rays to have a SECOND player as a back-up and to help confirm any issues. You can probably find a cheap player for $50.00. I have a Panasonic as my main player and a PS3 backup. Having two players has helped on a couple of occassions to isolate problems.
Two players is definitely the way to go - one region-free, and one region-locked. That way, you can save wear and tear on the region-free player, and also use it to troubleshoot problems with discs. Dual-layer burned DVDs almost never play on my Panasonic 3-D player, but they work like a charm on my region-free Insignia.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #29
The Great Owl The Great Owl is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
The Great Owl's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Georgia
586
195
160
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex Robinson View Post
Fortunately, BD players are cheap thes days and it's sounds like you're about ready for a new one. Honestly, given the price of BD players, I think it's highly advisable for those of us who regularly buy Blu-rays to have a SECOND player as a back-up and to help confirm any issues. You can probably find a cheap player for $50.00. I have a Panasonic as my main player and a PS3 backup. Having two players has helped on a couple of occassions to isolate problems.
My $70 Samsung Blu-ray player works like a champ, and it's probably even cheaper now, since a year has gone by. When it comes to things like this, I like the idea of having something inexpensive and "semi-disposable", so that, if something goes wrong, it won't break the bank to replace it.

The idea of having a backup Blu-ray player has never really occurred to me, but it's probably not a bad idea, especially for those who want multi-region capability.

On the thread subject...

Ministry of Fear is one of my favorite Blu-ray titles of 2013.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #30
BluPat BluPat is online now
Power Member
 
BluPat's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Texas
504
68
1
Default

Watched this tonight. Terrific movie. Loved it! Ray Milland is awesome.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 AM.