Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$27.37
Home for the Holidays (Blu-ray)
$11.88
The Silence of the Lambs (Blu-ray)
$30.37
The Outsiders: The Complete Novel (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Dreamcatcher (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
An Actor's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$27.37
Prep & Landing / Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Miracle Worker (Blu-ray)
$13.88
Opera (Blu-ray)
$18.00
Person of Interest: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.20
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #12181
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
Alabama

when my sister and brother-in-law go "camping" with some of their friends, the bed of his truck (full-size ram) is absolutely crammed full of stuff.

things like:

2 coolers (2 ore 3 BIG coolers)
beer (lots)
food (lots)
ginormous tents
chairs
portable air-conditioners for the tents (really?!)

crap like that.

if i go camping, i'm taking a backpack with a few things in it. no tent, no chair, no cooler, no beer, hardly any food. and certainly no air-conditioner.

i told them what they do is not camping, they're just temporarily moving out of the house for a week.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. --Evelyn Beatrice Hall

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil if for good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
Thanks given by:
RageATL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #12182
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
when my sister and brother-in-law go "camping" with some of their friends, the bed of his truck (full-size ram) is absolutely crammed full of stuff.

things like:

2 coolers (2 ore 3 BIG coolers)
beer (lots)
food (lots)
ginormous tents
chairs
portable air-conditioners for the tents (really?!)

crap like that.

if i go camping, i'm taking a backpack with a few things in it. no tent, no chair, no cooler, no beer, hardly any food. and certainly no air-conditioner.

i told them what they do is not camping, they're just temporarily moving out of the house for a week.

I'm ok with all of those except the AC. And you don't need a lot of food, just some snacks and some meat.
2016 + 2017 BluFans VIP

Go Buckeyes
Go Rangers
Go Lions
Go Cavs

My Funko Pop! Collection | My Man Cave Gallery | Man Cave, Part II
Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM   #12183
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Lol. That's the new captain of the Dallas Cowboys cheer squad.
If you think that's what the Cowboys cheer squad looks like, you need to watch the games.

RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Thanks given by:
Michael24 (Yesterday), RageATL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #12184
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
I'm ok with all of those except the AC. And you don't need a lot of food, just some snacks and some meat.
to me, camping is making your shelter, catching your food, and gathering your water. i take minimal supplies if i go camping.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. --Evelyn Beatrice Hall

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil if for good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
Thanks given by:
RageATL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #12185
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
to me, camping is making your shelter, catching your food, and gathering your water. i take minimal supplies if i go camping.
What if you catch nothing? Still waiting to hear back from my departmental advisor at NMSU, if she doesn't respond to my email by afternoon break I'm going to call her. Have to imagine on a registration day like today she's quite busy but I want to register.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #12186
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
What if you catch nothing? Still waiting to hear back from my departmental advisor at NMSU, if she doesn't respond to my email by afternoon break I'm going to call her. Have to imagine on a registration day like today she's quite busy but I want to register.
then you don't eat. that's why you never stop trying.

fishing
trapping
hunting

there's plenty of food out there if you know what you're doing.

and good luck on getting registered. i remember those days. except there was no online or anything like that. i had to go to an office and wait, lol. but the registrar was really cute so it was worth it .

Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (Yesterday), RageATL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #12187
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
I don't like camping period, I'm too reliant on modern technology. Granted I've gotten better at that due to all the exercise but still. Too much nature is just gross.
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #12188
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
then you don't eat. that's why you never stop trying.

fishing
trapping
hunting

there's plenty of food out there if you know what you're doing.

and good luck on getting registered. i remember those days. except there was no online or anything like that. i had to go to an office and wait, lol. but the registrar was really cute so it was worth it .
Heh thanks, I did end up getting registered. Didn't get all the classes I wanted but that's because I forgot I need to be readmitted to the community college as well. Something to deal with next week, possibly after work on Monday. Now I just hold my breath and hope financial aid comes through because I'm pretty poor, can't really afford my tuition. As much as I think I will do well, rather not leverage all my student costs through loans, huge risk.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #12189
Special Member

Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.

Quote:
Same here. That's why I prefer going camping solo, I like to go up into the mountains, park on the side of the road and hike into the woods a few thousand yards or further. One of my goals in life is to thru-hike the Appalachian trail from Georgia to Maine in one shot.

My girlfriend's definition of camping is renting a cabin with electricity/cable TV/indoor plumbing,etc. I've been raising my daughter to be more of a survivalist, so she likes minimal camping, but I've never taken her on a wilderness trip yet, we stick with private/state owned campgrounds which is fine with me given the circumstance.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM   #12190
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16 View Post
Same here. That's why I prefer going camping solo, I like to go up into the mountains, park on the side of the road and hike into the woods a few thousand yards or further. One of my goals in life is to thru-hike the Appalachian trail from Georgia to Maine in one shot.

My girlfriend's definition of camping is renting a cabin with electricity/cable TV/indoor plumbing,etc. I've been raising my daughter to be more of a survivalist, so she likes minimal camping, but I've never taken her on a wilderness trip yet, we stick with private/state owned campgrounds which is fine with me given the circumstance.
Your girlfriend sounds like a p****
[Show spoiler]just kidding!
Robert the Bruce: Lands, titles, men, power…nothing.
Robert’s father: Nothing?
Robert the Bruce: I have nothing. Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and children. Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk fought for William Wallace. He fights for something that I never had. And I took it from him, when I betrayed him. I saw it in his face on the battlefield and it’s tearing me apart.
Old Today, 03:08 AM   #12191
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
New York

I’m really not looking forward to Sunday. I’ll be turning 36. Birthdays stopped being fun at age 30, now I just view them as just another year closer to death.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Films I'd like to see on Blu-Ray Disc:
Scarface (1932)
ABC Weekend Specials (1977–1995) [TV Movies]
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #12192
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I’m really not looking forward to Sunday. I’ll be turning 36. Birthdays stopped being fun at age 30, now I just view them as just another year closer to death.
You only got a few years left. Enjoy them while you can!
Robert the Bruce: Lands, titles, men, power…nothing.
Robert’s father: Nothing?
Robert the Bruce: I have nothing. Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and children. Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk fought for William Wallace. He fights for something that I never had. And I took it from him, when I betrayed him. I saw it in his face on the battlefield and it’s tearing me apart.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat