Best Xbox One Game Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mafia III (Xbox One)
$14.99
Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One)
$26.98
Gears of War (Xbox One)
$14.00
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox One)
$29.99
Outlast Trinity (Xbox One)
$24.03
FIFA 17 (Xbox One)
$21.59
Syberia 3 (Xbox One)
$11.14
Rugby 18 (Xbox One)
$39.99
Dungeons 3 (Xbox One)
$39.99
Pillars of Eternity (Xbox One)
$29.99
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox One)
$39.08
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (Xbox One)
$49.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM   #1661
Special Member

Jan 2011
chicago, il

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Oh, right, sorry, you already mentioned that.

That is super bizarre. So you tested both HDMI cables independently, have the Xbox on one of the three HDMI 2.0a ports, and have the latest firmware on your Pioneer?
Yea I independently tested each cable from the x1x and the tv. Then used those 2 cables. Everything is up to date. The only thing Iím not up to date is dts x which is a separate firmware up date of a dondle. Which that has nothing to do with video pass through. So itís bazaar for sure. Iíll try again just to be sure in a couple of days. I donít feel like unhooking and hooking back up. But I know which 2 cables and which ports. When I would run the check it would say Iím not able to do 60fps on video only 24 with hdr and unable to do hdr gaming period. However 4k was ok.
Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM   #1662
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Well I caved in and bought a Xbox One X today, I was able to grab a Scorpio at a local GameStop, so I'm at least pleased it's kinda collector edition lol
Thanks given by:
antimatter (Yesterday), SixSpeedSamurai (Yesterday), wildhoney66 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM   #1663

Jan 2010

I picked up the Xbox x scorpio edition. Ive been out of gaming for a few years now, so far I am liking it. I was debating between the PS4 pro and Xbox X, wanted to try out the Xbox exclusives, been on the PS4 since it first came out.
Old Yesterday, 12:42 AM   #1664

Jan 2009
SF Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerry View Post
I picked up the Xbox x scorpio edition. Ive been out of gaming for a few years now, so far I am liking it. I was debating between the PS4 pro and Xbox X, wanted to try out the Xbox exclusives, been on the PS4 since it first came out.
Nice! Yeah the thing about the PS4 is that they have some awesome exclusives but on the flip side, the One X has roughly 40% more power.

Even being a heavy PC gamer with high end PCs, I am impressed with what the One X can pull off.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM   #1665

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

both consoles which i have both are fantastic consoles it just depends on what type of games you like i guess. yes the one X is more powerful but if it doesn't have the games you like it kinda defeats the purpose in buying one i think.
Old Yesterday, 04:25 AM   #1666

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

i just saw on a video on you tube bear in mind it's so far on one video i saw where they took out apparently the Microtransactions for the new star wars game. hell yeah now i have no idea if i'm going to buy that at all but that is great news if true
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM   #1667
Special Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatter View Post
On what the tv or receiver? As far as I know the receiver doesnít have that option and the Samsung uhdbp switches to hdr. So I know it works. Even the one x hdr video playback works
The TV. The inputs on Vizio have to have it enabled on the input you're using-it's off by default(don't know why).
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Vizio P75-C1
DVR: DirecTV Genie C-61K
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox OneX (Elite Controller)
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Old Yesterday, 06:35 AM   #1668
Special Member

Jan 2011
chicago, il

Don’t make fun of me just got back into gaming. I finally got the digital download. Those are straight up games you’ll play to pass the time. Like mortal kobat x or killer instinct. I’d take a full download on that just so I don’t have to insert a disc. That is the theory behind it. Just cuz I’m looking at it like damn I’m chilling I could go for a gaming but don’t want to get up and change discs.
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #1669
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Yea I independently tested each cable from the x1x and the tv. Then used those 2 cables. Everything is up to date. The only thing Iím not up to date is dts x which is a separate firmware up date of a dondle. Which that has nothing to do with video pass through. So itís bazaar for sure. Iíll try again just to be sure in a couple of days. I donít feel like unhooking and hooking back up. But I know which 2 cables and which ports. When I would run the check it would say Iím not able to do 60fps on video only 24 with hdr and unable to do hdr gaming period. However 4k was ok.
Some older amps just dont pass HDR. And not even that old - 2 years say. Ive just had to buy a new amp to replace my only 2 year old amp!
Would you like some coffee, Mr. Tully?
Do I?
Yes, have some.
Yes, have some!
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM   #1670
Special Member

Jan 2011
chicago, il

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Some older amps just dont pass HDR. And not even that old - 2 years say. Ive just had to buy a new amp to replace my only 2 year old amp!
That’s the one thing that pisses me off about this hobby. You think you’re on top of the game and then you get kicked in the nuts and need to drop 500-1000 if not more. I’ll tell you I don’t have the disposable income so it really sucks when stuff like this happens. That was the whole reason I got the sc-95 was hoping to avoid something like this for 3-4 yrs
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #1671
Special Member

Dec 2009
Jackson, MS

I've been playing Assassin's Creed Origins on my X... this really is a fantastic game, even if it feels a bit more like Horizon: Zero Dawn than it does a core AC game (so far).

It looks absolutely stunning on the X. The resolution and increased draw distance really make the expansive ancient Egypt location shine.

And the slowdown and glitches that usually plague AC games are practically nonexistent. I'm not sure if that's because of the longer development time or the power of the X!
Last five watched: Atomic Blonde UHD (8/10) / Dracula Untold UHD (8/10) / Annabelle: Creation (8/10) / The Dark Tower UHD (6/10) / War for the Planet of the Apes UHD (9/10)

Now Playing: Assassin's Creed Origins, Forza Motorsport 7

ISO: Funko Pop! Universal Monsters exclusives: GITD Bride, GITD Creature, GITD Wolf Man, Flocked Wolf Man
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #1672

Jan 2009
SF Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Their AVR has HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 though, so it should be compatible.
Old Today, 06:58 AM   #1673
Special Member

Jan 2011
chicago, il

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Their AVR has HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 though, so it should be compatible.
Thatís why Iím thinking there has got to be some stupid setting or something simple I missed.
Old Today, 07:05 AM   #1674
Special Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Thatís why Iím thinking there has got to be some stupid setting or something simple I missed.
Did you enable UHD color on the Vizio input?
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Vizio P75-C1
DVR: DirecTV Genie C-61K
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox OneX (Elite Controller)
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One