Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.01
Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Penny Dreadful: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Billions: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.96
Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$68.65
One-Punch Man: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.99
That '70s Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
My Hero Academia: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.79
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$89.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 02-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #3241
Expert Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgmun View Post
This show needs to be put out of it's misery, it's gone on at least 2 seasons too long. I'm only watching it out of habit but Supergirl and The Flash are far superior, heck even Legends of Tomorrow is way more fun even if it's a bit crap.
If you don't like it a simple solution is...stop watching
Old 02-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #3242
Power Member

Aug 2009

Still like the show. But these new characters are just too bland and annoying outside of the new girl. Why does the CW always feel it's a good idea to start with one hero and then increase to a team of 10 and overcrowd the show when it was working so well with the main star?
Thanks given by:
Elbie (Today)
Old 02-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #3243

Feb 2008
Missouri

I like Rag man and I think the new Black Canary will work out but I agree; too many mini heroes running around doing not much of anything. On another front, Oliver's new love interest story is beyond boring IMO.
Samsung 55" LED HDTV
LG BD550 Code-free Multi-region BD player
Sony BDP-S570
Polk Audio 50's front; CS1 center; 30's rear
Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoof
Dennon AVRX2000 Receiver
Old 02-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #3244
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
I like Rag man and I think the new Black Canary will work out but I agree; too many mini heroes running around doing not much of anything. On another front, Oliver's new love interest story is beyond boring IMO.
Yeah, she is boring but she a part of this "outing" of the Green Arrow.
I dont see her lasting the season.

Felicity gets enough screen time and helps after getting too much screen time.
Diggle is integral and is now "mentoring" Dinah, instead of Ollie.
Ragman was under utilized and now removed.
Mad Dog has had the better progressing writing.
Mr. Terrific finally got a costume change but has yet to really shine besides some time pressed tech inventions.
Dinah Canary is being brought along slow and now Lance has someone to talk to.
Speedy is back, but I wanna see her wear the uniform every now and then.

The team is big enough now where Diggle can run the field or they can focus on split teams. 3 folks each.
Ollie, Terrific, and Maddog.....Diggle, Canary, and Speedy.
With Lance and Felicity overwatching.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:48 PM   #3245
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Central California

It's always seemed very likely to me that it's only a matter of time before Thea is back to being Speedy. After all the development they did to get her to where she's a capable fighter and part of them, I can't imagine they would then just have her go back to and staying normal Speedy again. I also feel pretty sure that Ragman will eventually return as well, as his exit awhile back never once felt like it would be permanent.
Tumblr | My Pop! Vinyl Collection

TOP 15 MOVIES:
Raiders of the Lost Ark ~ Star Wars ~ Jaws ~ Ghostbusters ~ Back to the Future ~ Lethal Weapon ~ Aliens ~ Jurassic Park ~ Blade Runner ~ Halloween ~ The Mummy ~ Die Hard ~ The Terminator ~ Tremors ~ The Road Warrior
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #3246
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
La Porte, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
It's always seemed very likely to me that it's only a matter of time before Thea is back to being Speedy. After all the development they did to get her to where she's a capable fighter and part of them, I can't imagine they would then just have her go back to and staying normal Speedy again. I also feel pretty sure that Ragman will eventually return as well, as his exit awhile back never once felt like it would be permanent.
As I recall, the main reason Thea quit the team was because Ollie started killing again. She didn't want to be a part of that, probably because it brought back memories of her manipulation by Malcolm and the bloodlust from the Lazarus Pit. She doesn't see her brother as a monster, but she fears becoming one herself. Oliver's violence was born from a desperation to survive, while Thea's was essentially forced on her. She asked Malcolm to make her strong, but didn't expect losing her humanity in the process. Of all the characters on the show, she and Diggle know best what can happen, when constant violence consumes someone. Oliver has surrendered a part of himself to the darkness, but Thea's different.
"If you want to know who controls you, think of who you're forbidden to criticize." ~Anonymous~

"If I find in myself a desire which nothing in this world can satisfy, the most reasonable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis~
Old 02-23-2017, 08:17 PM   #3247
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Alabama
Send a message via AIM to kevin87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Yeah, she is boring but she a part of this "outing" of the Green Arrow.
I dont see her lasting the season.
Does that happen in the comics? Because if not, it shouldn't happen on Arrow... and even if it did, it still shouldn't happen on Arrow, I thought that was the stupidest thing about Green Arrow on Smallville. Why would any crime happen around Oliver, and it'd be so much easier for somebody to track him down during the day when there's tons of people around to kill to get to him.
I have a full Star Wars: The Force Awakens unused code, willing to trade for these movies... or maybe even just any movie I don't have.

Looking for Outlander S1V1 and V2 slipcovers.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #3248
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Does that happen in the comics? Because if not, it shouldn't happen on Arrow... and even if it did, it still shouldn't happen on Arrow, I thought that was the stupidest thing about Green Arrow on Smallville. Why would any crime happen around Oliver, and it'd be so much easier for somebody to track him down during the day when there's tons of people around to kill to get to him.
The problem with asking "Does that happen in the comics?" and then suggesting that the TV show should follow suit is that the comics have themselves changed over time. Especially now that DC appears to keep rebooting their comics universe with ever-increasing frequency.

I haven't kept up with the comics in quite a while, so I don't know what it's like now, but during what I consider to be the "classic" period of Green Arrow (Mike Grell's run, starting with The Longbow Hunters in 1987, and running for 80 issues of a regular title through 1993), GA's identity was pretty much known to the general public.

But that, to me, is beside the point. The TV show is the TV show and not the comics. While I would prefer that the show be faithful to the comics -- meaning faithful to the comics I've read an enjoyed, which might not be what they're like now -- I treat TV shows (and movies) as just another alternate uni-/multiverse where things aren't necessarily the same as what I'm used to.

I mean, sure, it still bugs me that in Legends of Tomorrow, the JSA of the 1940s included both Stargirl and Vixen, both of whom were "present-day" characters in the comics, but I try not to dwell on it, because the DCU of the TV shows is not the DCU of the comics.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Thanks given by:
Michael24 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #3249
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Alabama
Send a message via AIM to kevin87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
The problem with asking "Does that happen in the comics?" and then suggesting that the TV show should follow suit is that the comics have themselves changed over time. Especially now that DC appears to keep rebooting their comics universe with ever-increasing frequency.

I haven't kept up with the comics in quite a while, so I don't know what it's like now, but during what I consider to be the "classic" period of Green Arrow (Mike Grell's run, starting with The Longbow Hunters in 1987, and running for 80 issues of a regular title through 1993), GA's identity was pretty much known to the general public.

But that, to me, is beside the point. The TV show is the TV show and not the comics. While I would prefer that the show be faithful to the comics -- meaning faithful to the comics I've read an enjoyed, which might not be what they're like now -- I treat TV shows (and movies) as just another alternate uni-/multiverse where things aren't necessarily the same as what I'm used to.

I mean, sure, it still bugs me that in Legends of Tomorrow, the JSA of the 1940s included both Stargirl and Vixen, both of whom were "present-day" characters in the comics, but I try not to dwell on it, because the DCU of the TV shows is not the DCU of the comics.
I just meant if it happened in the comics, at least there is a basis for that plotline, even though I wouldn't want it to happen either way... and with Vixen, it's technically not the same one as the comics anyway, it's her grandmother.
I have a full Star Wars: The Force Awakens unused code, willing to trade for these movies... or maybe even just any movie I don't have.

Looking for Outlander S1V1 and V2 slipcovers.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #3250
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
I just meant if it happened in the comics, at least there is a basis for that plotline, even though I wouldn't want it to happen either way... and with Vixen, it's technically not the same one as the comics anyway, it's her grandmother.
On the first issue, that's kind of my point. Whether it happened in the comics or not shouldn't really affect whether they want to take the TV show in that direction or not.

On the second issue, well, yeah, but only because Arrow had already introduced the Mari McCabe version of Vixen last season, preceded by an animated web series. That still doesn't change my point that no version of Vixen as a 1940s character ever existed in the comics (unless DC has done a recent comic version of Legends of Tomorrow that includes her). Which also speaks to your point about the TV shows introducing things that were never in the comics.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old Today, 03:13 AM   #3251
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensuitcase View Post
Still like the show. But these new characters are just too bland and annoying outside of the new girl. Why does the CW always feel it's a good idea to start with one hero and then increase to a team of 10 and overcrowd the show when it was working so well with the main star?
Yeah this new team is trash and I have no clue why they went this route. I preferred it when the whole world didn't know who the Green Arrow was.
Old Today, 03:15 AM   #3252
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2012
Denmark

I agree that Wild Dawg and Captain Unterrific are terrible. The new Canary I might learn to like. Spartan's mask is still terrible, too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows