Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
One-Punch Man: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.99
My Hero Academia: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.79
Sailor Moon Crystal: Set 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Snow White With The Red Hair: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Kyousougiga: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.59
Dagashi Kashi: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.79
Miss Hokusai (Blu-ray)
$19.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM   #30201

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIMZON View Post
I've been trying to get a response from Funimation for a month now to try and get the last two replacement discs that I need (they sent me discs 1 & 2 on DVD and 3 & 4 on Blu-ray) but I still have yet to hear anything back. I'm starting to lose my patience with this whole replacement disc program and I'm about to just rebuy R2 and be done with it. The only thing stopping me is that I'm not sure how to tell if the new discs would be fixed or not before I buy.
Okay, so a Funimation employee must have seen my last post (quoted above) because within an hour and a half of posting it I finally got a reply, after sending multiple emails and a month of waiting, about receiving the other two discs that I need. There's just no way that's a coincidence.
Thanks given by:
neoz (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM   #30202
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikagreg View Post
One of my replacement discs had faded artwork (like some Escaflowne KS discs) had if you want something else to worry about
Yeah, I think that's how it's going to be.

Big picture (top row: original discs, bottom row: fixed)
[Show spoiler]

R2 Disc Codes (at bottom of disc label)

Original (audio flaw) release:
Disc 1: DV-07350E-2061521
Disc 2: DV-07350F-2061522
Disc 3: DV-07350G-2061523
Disc 4: DV-07350H-2061524

Note: 07350 was the FN number from the amaray case spine. Season one discs are probably lettered A through D.

New (fixed) R2 set:
Disc 1: DV-07354A-2061529
Disc 2: DV-07354B-2061530
Disc 3: DV-07354C-2061531
Disc 4: DV-07354D-2061532
Sony BDP-S580 | Samsung T240HD

Girls With Guns: "I really dig the chick with the knife - waifu material for sure!"
Old Yesterday, 02:45 AM   #30203
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2014
Amish Country, PA

^^ Well, the faded disc labels aren't going to be an issue for me - since there is no artwork on them anyway, who cares? I'm just going to take them out of the case and pop them in right into my player, so I'll only have to look at the labels for a couple seconds at a time. As long as they're legible and they play properly, and in stereo...
Girls With Guns Avatar: Coco From RWBY

Last edited by Girls With Guns; Yesterday at 03:13 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM   #30204
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Well, the faded disc labels aren't going to be an issue for me - since there is no artwork on them anyway, who cares?
Yeah, pretty much what I thought. I don't want to deal with anymore replacement nonsense at this point. Short of them being entirely bare discs or scratched I wouldn't have cared.
Sony BDP-S580 | Samsung T240HD

Girls With Guns: "I really dig the chick with the knife - waifu material for sure!"
Old Yesterday, 05:19 AM   #30205
Power Member

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
VIZ Media Blu-rays are now truly doomed. Instead of using both, now it's just Subatomic Digital...https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...40105073790976

There was a hint of this becoming the case last year. If only I still had that Twitter link...
Ah, here we go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sevakis
Iíve been pretty quiet on Twitter since the election. Iíve been burned out on both social media and on life in general. Last week was a particularly stressful week. In addition to having a TON of friends facing major crises, I was fired for the first time. The client, who I didnít do THAT many discs for, fired me for pretty arbitrary and shitty reasons, in the middle of a big deal project. The reasons they cited were mostly bullshit or made up. As the client was abusive and their work took 2x the effort for less pay, **** Ďem. While impact to my income/work load will be minimal (my regular clients have been THE BEST), I canít deny it was a kick in the Ďnads. It took me a week, but Iím back and resolved to work even harder and be a positive force. Iím grateful. Being self-employed, being fired by one shitty client means I just get to work harder for the good ones.
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...28449195937792
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...28664007229442
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...28945730232320
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...29393698672640
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...29828731854848
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...30170911539204
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...30518430580736

Based off how he's no longer authoring stuff for VIZ Media, even if it's Bang Zoom! stuff (the only time he'd author stuff for VIZ), it's likely he was referring to them in that thread on Twitter back in mid-December. If you need a refresher of what he's done...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=6794
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (Yesterday), Naiera (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #30206

Dec 2009

Looks like Hellgirl is coming back?

New Hell Girl Anime TV Series Listed in July by Retailers

Quote:
Japanese retailers Tsutaya and Honya Club list a Kessakusen Kachōfūgetsu volume of Miyuki Etoo's Hell Girl (Jigoku Shōjo) manga in March. According to the listing, the volume bundles a booklet of production designs for a "new anime series of Hell Girl [starting] to air in July." The manga volume compiles popular chapters from Etoo's manga adaptation of the earlier anime.

Stories in the Hell Girl franchise usually begin with bullied or tormented people accessing the Hell Correspondence website, allowing them to submit a request to eliminate the person tormenting them. It is then that Ai Enma, the titular Hell Girl, appears, and gives these people a doll that, once pulled, sends their tormentor to Hell, where Enma and her companions proceed to enact karmic torment on the doomed person. The catch is that the person who originally sent the request will be sent to hell as well.

Studio DEEN debuted the first Hell Girl television anime series in 2005. The series received two subsequent television anime sequels in 2006 and 2008, as well as a live-action television series adaptation in 2006. The anime also received the manga adaptation by Etoo, as well as two other manga adaptations named Shin Jigoku Shōjo (New Hell Girl) in 2009, and Jigoku Shōjo Enma Ai Selection Geki Kowa Story (Hell Girl: Enma Ai Selection, Super Scary Story) in 2014.

Funimation released the first series on DVD in North America in 2007. Sentai Filmworks released Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, the second season, on DVD in 2010. Sentai Filmworks also released Hell Girl: Three Vessels, the third season, in the same year on DVD. Del Rey published seven out of nine volumes of the first Hell Girl manga.

The franchise inspired a stage play last Novemebr.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailers/.112700
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Thanks given by:
Nostalgic Twilight (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #30207
Expert Member

Jan 2015
USA

I hope the new season/series will be better than Three Vessels. That one was tough for me to finish.
Thanks given by:
neoz (Yesterday)
Old Today, 02:35 AM   #30208

Dec 2009

RS doesn't allow you to cancel figures? I have learned the hard way to not preorder with them anymore lol.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35

Last edited by neoz; Today at 02:51 AM.
Old Today, 05:22 AM   #30209
Power Member

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

You can't? I've never tried to cancel a figure from them before. Well that follows the Japanese model then. You try cancelling, and you get banned.
Thanks given by:
neoz (Today)
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #30210

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
RS doesn't allow you to cancel figures? I have learned the hard way to not preorder with them anymore lol.
I cancelled a figure from there once. I had pre ordered a Korra statue and changed my mind. There was no option to cancel and so I just e-mailed them and they responded and cancelled my order within a day.
Charles Carmichael always comes quickly.
Thanks given by:
neoz (Today)
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #30211
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2014
Amish Country, PA

yeah, I cancelled my first and only figure order on RS with no issue, just called CS and cancelled the order on the spot. But that was two years ago, maybe their policies have changed since then. It might be a retailer limitation set by the manufacturer of that specific figure, too.

Thank goodness I never got started in figures, they're just way too costly. My only other figure "order" I ever made was the Anthea figure in the Under the Dog Kickstarter, and that just recently got removed from our pledges due to productions costs for the small quantity needed, so I got a $200 refund back from the Kickstarter for that. I was glad it was cancelled, because I'm not interested in figures at all now.
Girls With Guns Avatar: Coco From RWBY
Thanks given by:
neoz (Today)
Old Today, 07:36 AM   #30212
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
yeah, I cancelled my first and only figure order on RS with no issue, just called CS and cancelled the order on the spot. But that was two years ago, maybe their policies have changed since then. It might be a retailer limitation set by the manufacturer of that specific figure, too.

Thank goodness I never got started in figures, they're just way too costly. My only other figure "order" I ever made was the Anthea figure in the Under the Dog Kickstarter, and that just recently got removed from our pledges due to productions costs for the small quantity needed, so I got a $200 refund back from the Kickstarter for that. I was glad it was cancelled, because I'm not interested in figures at all now.
I used to collect figures (& a lot of them) aside from being costly, space was becoming an issue as well. Last summer I decided to stop collecting them & sell off my entire collection. I don't regret it at all.

Last edited by darkness2918; Today at 08:19 AM.
Thanks given by:
neoz (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime