Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #321
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
So you're saying that May seems to be the most possible time, yet you're also saying that it would be too early. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say
I'm saying May would be the most possible time for Doctor Strange. To have either Thor 3 or Cap 3 in May 2016 would seem too soon.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #322
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
I'm saying May would be the most possible time for Doctor Strange. To have either Thor 3 or Cap 3 in May 2016 would seem too soon.
Yes, I think you're right that May 2016, would be the most possible time for Doctor Strange. That's especially considering the fact that the character 'Doctor Strange' may replace Iron Man as the main character in the Avengers movies. But that's if something happens to Tony Stark or when Robert Downey Jr's time in the marvel movies runs out. That is unless they extend his time in the Marvel movies playing the role as Tony Stark(Iron Man).
Old 03-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #323
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Yes, I think you're right that May 2016, would be the most possible time for Doctor Strange. That's especially considering the fact that the character 'Doctor Strange' may replace Iron Man as the main character in the Avengers movies. But that's if something happens to Tony Stark or when Robert Downey Jr's time in the marvel movies runs out. That is unless they extend his time in the Marvel movies playing the role as Tony Stark(Iron Man).
RDJ isn't going to be in any more of the Marvel movies as Iron Man after his Avengers roles. For one, it's probably going to be too much work for him and he'll be too expensive for Marvel to keep on board. And as far as this part of the MCU (phase 1-3) I don't think anyone is going to have a bigger role or "take over" for Tony Stark as the leader.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #324
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Marvel is just hoping to have Doctor Strange be the new face of the MCU post RDJ. He won't takeover as lead of The Avengers, but he'll certainly be the new face of Marvel. But, I'd love to see Marvel move away from having a single face, and just let the universe be the star. That's more important, I think.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 03-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #325
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Marvel is just hoping to have Doctor Strange be the new face of the MCU post RDJ. He won't takeover as lead of The Avengers, but he'll certainly be the new face of Marvel. But, I'd love to see Marvel move away from having a single face, and just let the universe be the star. That's more important, I think.
It isn't? Because last I checked people are very excited for Cap 2 and Guardians.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #326
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
True, I'd rather them have everyone be the in the spotlight.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #327
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
RDJ isn't going to be in any more of the Marvel movies as Iron Man after his Avengers roles. For one, it's probably going to be too much work for him and he'll be too expensive for Marvel to keep on board. And as far as this part of the MCU (phase 1-3) I don't think anyone is going to have a bigger role or "take over" for Tony Stark as the leader.
Correct. The fact that RDJ isn't going to be in a any more of the Marvel movie as Iron Man after his Avengers roles, is a tell-tale sign that Doctor Strange and who ever will play that role, is who will take over for Tony Stark but not to play Iron Man.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #328
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

This decision on the part of Downey is downright baffling to me. "Yeah. I want people to stop paying me dump trucks full of money to do action movies."

If I were him, I would do it until people were sick of them.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #329
Power Member

Jan 2009

Marvel has early and late summer 2016 dates named and the early summer 2017 date named as well.
Only the late summer (or fall) 2017 exact date is yet to be named.

I agree that either 2016 slot is too soon for Thor or Cap3. These guys are just about to start shooting Avengers 2 for gods sake--they'd get zero down time (or time for other projects) if the started shooting again for part threes due in 2016.

I'm hoping for Dr Strange and the Black Panther for those two spots.

Then 2017 can be used for the 3rd movie of those two.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #330
Special Member

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
This decision on the part of Downey is downright baffling to me. "Yeah. I want people to stop paying me dump trucks full of money to do action movies."

If I were him, I would do it until people were sick of them.
Except Marvel/Disney can't afford the eventuality of a quarter of a film's budget going exclusively toward a single actor's salary.

Edit: Oh crap, with Avengers and Iron Man 3 that's almost already happening: RDJ made about $50 million from each, with royalties.
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"

Last edited by Thomas Guycott; 03-08-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #331
Power Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Guycott View Post
Except Marvel/Disney can't afford the eventuality of a quarter of a film's budget going exclusively toward a single actor's salary.
Very true.

But there is a chance he may "take one for the team", as it were, and agree to do future installments for a pittance like 30 million.

And despite his huge popularity--it's not for sure he'd be paid those mega bucks for every project he's offered---because him in other roles doesn't bring in a billion dollars worldwide.

A clarification--they are paying RDJ out of the profits for the movies at this point---not 50 mil up front--so he is actually getting a percent of what the movie brings in--not taking from the production budget.

Last edited by Bolty; 03-08-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #332
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
True, I'd rather them have everyone be the in the spotlight.
I think we're going to be past the single hero as the spotlight, especially after 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'. We'll get single movies, but I think Marvel's focus will shift to the universe overall, not limelighting one over the others. I hope so at least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolty View Post
Marvel has early and late summer 2016 dates named and the early summer 2017 date named as well.
Only the late summer (or fall) 2017 exact date is yet to be named.

I agree that either 2016 slot is too soon for Thor or Cap3. These guys are just about to start shooting Avengers 2 for gods sake--they'd get zero down time (or time for other projects) if the started shooting again for part threes due in 2016.

I'm hoping for Dr Strange and the Black Panther for those two spots.

Then 2017 can be used for the 3rd movie of those two.
I think that 'Guardians 2' may end up being one of the 2016 releases. Remember, it's already rumored to be happening. I could see 'Doctor Strange' and 'Guardians 2' taking the 2016 dates. Especially with 'Guardians' being so heavily tied to Thanos, and, presumably, 'Avengers 3'. I'd guess it would be like 'Thor' was for 'The Avengers', where Loki was established before he was the big villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolty View Post
Very true.

But there is a chance he may "take one for the team", as it were, and agree to do future installments for a pittance like 30 million.

And despite his huge popularity--it's not for sure he'd be paid those mega bucks for every project he's offered---because him in other roles doesn't bring in a billion dollars worldwide.

A clarification--they are paying RDJ out of the profits for the movies at this point---not 50 mil up front--so he is actually getting a percent of what the movie brings in--not taking from the production budget.
Well said.

I could see him doing it. He's already said he's up for negotiating at a new contract. I could see him doing a few more 'Avengers' films. Maybe even 'Iron Man 4', but down the line.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #333
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Director Short list Update:

Quote:
UPDATE 3/11/14: THR now says Scott Derrickson (Sinister) is in the mix, along with previously mentioned Mark Andrews (who recently commented) and Jonathan Levine. The original story follows.
Slashfilm
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #334
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:

Slashfilm
Fingers crossed for Jonathan Levine.
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #335
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:

Slashfilm
Cool . It is great to see that we're getting closer to finding out who will direct Doctor Strange .
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies