Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.96
Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
La La Land 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Patriots Day (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.07
Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghost World (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
Streets of Fire (Blu-ray)
$22.19
Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Ben (Blu-ray)
$22.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #1441
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008

Happy trails, Hans.
Spread it like peanut butter jelly. Do it like I owe you some money.
Thanks given by:
dvdmike (01-14-2016), Geoff D (01-15-2016), Pike Bishop (01-15-2016), Portista (01-14-2016), Tech-UK (01-15-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #1442
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartana View Post
Terrible news. First Bowie and now Rickman. Both 69 and both from Cancer.

Very Sad. May they RIP.
And Angus Scrimm. Man all the good actors.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #1443
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

DIE HARD 2.jpg
Thanks given by:
bakntim (12-27-2016), Geoff D (01-15-2016), The_Donster (01-15-2016), WhySoBlu? (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2016, 06:38 PM   #1444

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjay View Post
sorry guys if this isnt the place for this..i recently watched my single release of die hard region 2..there is clearly a edit at 01:58:11....Jesus is replaced with a weird grunt sound..even the subs has him say Jesus f*&^ing Christ...again i apologize if this has been spotted before...i did a quick google search and got nothing
so seeing as a lot of you are re watching die hard...have any of you noticed what i pointed out?
Old 11-02-2016, 04:27 AM   #1445

Apr 2014

Anyone notice that Die Hard 2 clearly had a new transfer? It uses the new Fox logo
Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #1446
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
Anyone notice that Die Hard 2 clearly had a new transfer? It uses the new Fox logo
Die Hard 2 still uses an old, DVD era transfer. It's far too warm. A new master with a far more balanced coulor temp was struck a few years ago, but has only seen the light of day at a limited theatrical screening.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #1447
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2008
Los Angeles

Watched Die Hard on Christmas (obviously), hadn't seen it since last Christmas. I dunno if it was the new TV or I've become more discerning over the last year, but the subpar quality of the transfer REALLY stood out to me this time. I always knew it wasn't a great disc but I never thought it was truly that bad until I saw it this time. Really hope we've got a 4K remaster/UHD around the corner, at least by 2018 for the anniversary.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 | 2017 Movie Ratings
Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #1448

Sep 2010
The Black Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Watched Die Hard on Christmas (obviously), hadn't seen it since last Christmas. I dunno if it was the new TV or I've become more discerning over the last year, but the subpar quality of the transfer REALLY stood out to me this time. I always knew it wasn't a great disc but I never thought it was truly that bad until I saw it this time. Really hope we've got a 4K remaster/UHD around the corner, at least by 2018 for the anniversary.
As someone who watched the beautiful 4K restoration projected on a gigantic screen just a few nights ago, I advise you to temper your expectations for the new transfer. While it's definitely an improvement, I went home to look at the Blu-ray again and was surprised by how faithful the old transfer really is. You can expect an uptick in detail and much nicer grain resolution, but don't expect a night and day difference.
Thanks given by:
tama (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #1449
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
As someone who watched the beautiful 4K restoration projected on a gigantic screen just a few nights ago, I advise you to temper your expectations for the new transfer. While it's definitely an improvement, I went home to look at the Blu-ray again and was surprised by how faithful the old transfer really is. You can expect an uptick in detail and much nicer grain resolution, but don't expect a night and day difference.
Out of the first 3 Die Hard Films I've always felt the first film looked good and film like given it's age as opposed to the transfers for the sequels.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #1450

Jul 2007
New Jersey, USA

Quote:
Well that makes me sad. Alien, Aliens, Jaws, Terminator, Godfather are about the same age and had amazing resorations
Old 12-27-2016, 08:09 PM   #1451
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2008
Los Angeles

Quote:
I'm not expecting the movie to look like Avatar, but improvements in resolution, compression, and grain would be enough reason to rejoice IMHO. The current disc is like watching the movie through dirty glasses.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 | 2017 Movie Ratings
Old 12-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #1452

Dec 2016

Its funny, I rewatched my DVDs of 1 & 2 for xmas, waiting for remasters, and thought 2s transfer on that format was much better than 1 which seemed muddy and undetailed. I only bring it up since 2s blu transfer problems is one of the reasons I havent upgraded and I found it ironic
Old 12-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #1453
Contributor

Oct 2010
In a Galaxy far far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1631 View Post
Well that makes me sad. Alien, Aliens, Jaws, Terminator, Godfather are about the same age and had amazing resorations
There are many things to consider in this...age has nothing to do with it....film stock and the way they were shot by the DP are a first that comes to mind.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #1454
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I thought the Die Hard remaster looked beautiful in the cinema, the colour was so much more vibrant than the Blu-ray.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #1455

Sep 2010
The Black Lodge

Folks, folks. My point was just to not expect a night and day difference on the new remaster. I didn't say it wasn't great (it's really quite gorgeous), it's just not probably as earth-shaking as you think it will be.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #1456

Jul 2014

Quote:
Folks, folks. My point was just to not expect a night and day difference on the new remaster. I didn't say it wasn't great (it's really quite gorgeous), it's just not probably as earth-shaking as you think it will be.
It depends on what you find earth-shaking. Remasters such as RoboCop, Total Recall, Edward Scissorshands, Home Alone, the Lethal Weapon movies, Ghostbusters and To Live and Die in L.A. REALLY rock my world.

I just want to see a remaster which brings out the movie's true cinematic quality, instead of it looking like video. Die Hard is helmed by one of the most talented and interesting visual directors ever, who teamed up with one of the most greatest cinematographers (I'm madly in love with Jan De Bont's steely style) ever on this movie.

Man, I need this 4K remaster badly!

And Predator definitely needs a re-master, too. To this day that DNR nightmare haunts me in my in my dreams.

P.S.: Did Die Hard with a Vengeance get any remasters?
Old 01-15-2017, 04:54 AM   #1457

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
It depends on what you find earth-shaking. Remasters such as RoboCop, Total Recall, Edward Scissorshands, Home Alone, the Lethal Weapon movies, Ghostbusters and To Live and Die in L.A. REALLY rock my world.

I just want to see a remaster which brings out the movie's true cinematic quality, instead of it looking like video. Die Hard is helmed by one of the most talented and interesting visual directors ever, who teamed up with one of the most greatest cinematographers (I'm madly in love with Jan De Bont's steely style) ever on this movie.

Man, I need this 4K remaster badly!

And Predator definitely needs a re-master, too. To this day that DNR nightmare haunts me in my in my dreams.

P.S.: Did Die Hard with a Vengeance get any remasters?
I hope they remaster predator this year for its anniversary and do a 4k master and keep the grain or do a frame by frame analysis of it to not lose detail
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America