Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.96
Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
La La Land 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Patriots Day (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.07
Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghost World (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
Streets of Fire (Blu-ray)
$22.19
Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Ben (Blu-ray)
$22.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #1441
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1228
2
Default

Happy trails, Hans.
Spread it like peanut butter jelly. Do it like I owe you some money.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dvdmike (01-14-2016), Geoff D (01-15-2016), Pike Bishop (01-15-2016), Portista (01-14-2016), Tech-UK (01-15-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #1442
PuppetMasterBlu PuppetMasterBlu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
PuppetMasterBlu's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
USA
663
39
130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartana View Post
Terrible news. First Bowie and now Rickman. Both 69 and both from Cancer.

Very Sad. May they RIP.
And Angus Scrimm. Man all the good actors.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #1443
Guydowood Guydowood is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Guydowood's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA
1992
113
446
2001
37
Default

DIE HARD 2.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bakntim (12-27-2016), Geoff D (01-15-2016), The_Donster (01-15-2016), WhySoBlu? (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2016, 06:38 PM   #1444
goodjay goodjay is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjay View Post
sorry guys if this isnt the place for this..i recently watched my single release of die hard region 2..there is clearly a edit at 01:58:11....Jesus is replaced with a weird grunt sound..even the subs has him say Jesus f*&^ing Christ...again i apologize if this has been spotted before...i did a quick google search and got nothing
so seeing as a lot of you are re watching die hard...have any of you noticed what i pointed out?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:27 AM   #1445
1924 1924 is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2014
Default

Anyone notice that Die Hard 2 clearly had a new transfer? It uses the new Fox logo
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #1446
Blu-21 Blu-21 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Blu-21's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Australia
67
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
Anyone notice that Die Hard 2 clearly had a new transfer? It uses the new Fox logo
Die Hard 2 still uses an old, DVD era transfer. It's far too warm. A new master with a far more balanced coulor temp was struck a few years ago, but has only seen the light of day at a limited theatrical screening.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #1447
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Los Angeles
521
65
2
14
Default

Watched Die Hard on Christmas (obviously), hadn't seen it since last Christmas. I dunno if it was the new TV or I've become more discerning over the last year, but the subpar quality of the transfer REALLY stood out to me this time. I always knew it wasn't a great disc but I never thought it was truly that bad until I saw it this time. Really hope we've got a 4K remaster/UHD around the corner, at least by 2018 for the anniversary.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 | 2017 Movie Ratings
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #1448
notops notops is offline
Senior Member
 
notops's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
The Black Lodge
674
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Watched Die Hard on Christmas (obviously), hadn't seen it since last Christmas. I dunno if it was the new TV or I've become more discerning over the last year, but the subpar quality of the transfer REALLY stood out to me this time. I always knew it wasn't a great disc but I never thought it was truly that bad until I saw it this time. Really hope we've got a 4K remaster/UHD around the corner, at least by 2018 for the anniversary.
As someone who watched the beautiful 4K restoration projected on a gigantic screen just a few nights ago, I advise you to temper your expectations for the new transfer. While it's definitely an improvement, I went home to look at the Blu-ray again and was surprised by how faithful the old transfer really is. You can expect an uptick in detail and much nicer grain resolution, but don't expect a night and day difference.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
tama (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #1449
tama tama is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tama's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
San Jose, CA
1055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
As someone who watched the beautiful 4K restoration projected on a gigantic screen just a few nights ago, I advise you to temper your expectations for the new transfer. While it's definitely an improvement, I went home to look at the Blu-ray again and was surprised by how faithful the old transfer really is. You can expect an uptick in detail and much nicer grain resolution, but don't expect a night and day difference.
Out of the first 3 Die Hard Films I've always felt the first film looked good and film like given it's age as opposed to the transfers for the sequels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #1450
Rich1631 Rich1631 is offline
Active Member
 
Rich1631's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
New Jersey, USA
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
As someone who watched the beautiful 4K restoration projected on a gigantic screen just a few nights ago, I advise you to temper your expectations for the new transfer. While it's definitely an improvement, I went home to look at the Blu-ray again and was surprised by how faithful the old transfer really is. You can expect an uptick in detail and much nicer grain resolution, but don't expect a night and day difference.
Well that makes me sad. Alien, Aliens, Jaws, Terminator, Godfather are about the same age and had amazing resorations
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:09 PM   #1451
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Los Angeles
521
65
2
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
As someone who watched the beautiful 4K restoration projected on a gigantic screen just a few nights ago, I advise you to temper your expectations for the new transfer. While it's definitely an improvement, I went home to look at the Blu-ray again and was surprised by how faithful the old transfer really is. You can expect an uptick in detail and much nicer grain resolution, but don't expect a night and day difference.
I'm not expecting the movie to look like Avatar, but improvements in resolution, compression, and grain would be enough reason to rejoice IMHO. The current disc is like watching the movie through dirty glasses.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 | 2017 Movie Ratings
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #1452
Stanis Stanis is online now
Active Member
 
Stanis's Avatar
 
Dec 2016
251
132
6
Default

Its funny, I rewatched my DVDs of 1 & 2 for xmas, waiting for remasters, and thought 2s transfer on that format was much better than 1 which seemed muddy and undetailed. I only bring it up since 2s blu transfer problems is one of the reasons I havent upgraded and I found it ironic
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #1453
L'armée des ombres L'armée des ombres is online now
Contributor
 
L'armée des ombres's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
In a Galaxy far far away
997
163
12
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1631 View Post
Well that makes me sad. Alien, Aliens, Jaws, Terminator, Godfather are about the same age and had amazing resorations
There are many things to consider in this...age has nothing to do with it....film stock and the way they were shot by the DP are a first that comes to mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #1454
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1106
1
5
9
Default

I thought the Die Hard remaster looked beautiful in the cinema, the colour was so much more vibrant than the Blu-ray.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #1455
notops notops is offline
Senior Member
 
notops's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
The Black Lodge
674
1
4
Default

Folks, folks. My point was just to not expect a night and day difference on the new remaster. I didn't say it wasn't great (it's really quite gorgeous), it's just not probably as earth-shaking as you think it will be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #1456
-JKR- -JKR- is offline
Member
 
Jul 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
Folks, folks. My point was just to not expect a night and day difference on the new remaster. I didn't say it wasn't great (it's really quite gorgeous), it's just not probably as earth-shaking as you think it will be.
It depends on what you find earth-shaking. Remasters such as RoboCop, Total Recall, Edward Scissorshands, Home Alone, the Lethal Weapon movies, Ghostbusters and To Live and Die in L.A. REALLY rock my world.

I just want to see a remaster which brings out the movie's true cinematic quality, instead of it looking like video. Die Hard is helmed by one of the most talented and interesting visual directors ever, who teamed up with one of the most greatest cinematographers (I'm madly in love with Jan De Bont's steely style) ever on this movie.

Man, I need this 4K remaster badly!

And Predator definitely needs a re-master, too. To this day that DNR nightmare haunts me in my in my dreams.

P.S.: Did Die Hard with a Vengeance get any remasters?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:54 AM   #1457
LMFAObros LMFAObros is online now
Junior Member
 
Jan 2016
248
3
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
It depends on what you find earth-shaking. Remasters such as RoboCop, Total Recall, Edward Scissorshands, Home Alone, the Lethal Weapon movies, Ghostbusters and To Live and Die in L.A. REALLY rock my world.

I just want to see a remaster which brings out the movie's true cinematic quality, instead of it looking like video. Die Hard is helmed by one of the most talented and interesting visual directors ever, who teamed up with one of the most greatest cinematographers (I'm madly in love with Jan De Bont's steely style) ever on this movie.

Man, I need this 4K remaster badly!

And Predator definitely needs a re-master, too. To this day that DNR nightmare haunts me in my in my dreams.

P.S.: Did Die Hard with a Vengeance get any remasters?
I hope they remaster predator this year for its anniversary and do a 4k master and keep the grain or do a frame by frame analysis of it to not lose detail
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 PM.