COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #621
FatalSpiderbite FatalSpiderbite is offline
Junior Member
 
FatalSpiderbite's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
Default

For you horror junkies, Nerd Block is now doing a Horror Block.

I get the nerd block for my son (though sometimes I am envious of the stuff he gets) but now they have created a Horror Block which I had to subscribe to. Check it out:

https://nerdblock.com/subscribe/select_block

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuizR...ature=youtu.be

If you are interested, I wouldn't hesitate because they usually have a limited amount of blocks they do and they usually sell out each month.

Didn't know the best place to post this one here but figured this thread would be just as good for the horror maniacs on here.

Got my horror block in the mail today and it was extremely cool!

Last edited by FatalSpiderbite; 07-02-2014 at 08:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #622
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Parker View Post
I really want to see this but as a veteran of working at theater when I was younger, I tend to avoid seeing horror movies in theaters due to the type of audience they tend to attract (i.e. people who scream their heads off at the littlest thing and drown out what is going on). Maybe I'll catch an early show one day like you did. I really want that stuffed owl from the trailer ha ha.
Haha yeah that owl was creepy! Definitely see this one in the theater, and like you said try to catch a first showing. It tends to be relatively dead. My showing had maybe 2 or 3 other people in attendance and they were silent. It was wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallospaceboy View Post
Thats great to hear! I liked his previous movie Sinister and hoped this would be a good follow up.
Yeah I'm a huge fan of Scott Derrickson and what he did with "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and "Sinister." Definitely can't wait to see him inject his horror elements into the Marvel universe now that he's been tapped to direct "Doctor Strange." Smart move on Marvel's part with that selection, especially given the mystical nature of the character and the world in which he exists.
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:50 AM   #623
sxerunner sxerunner is offline
Special Member
 
sxerunner's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Lawrence, KS
877
51
2
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watched at 10AM


I can't recommend highly enough that all you horror fans get out to the theater over the course of the 4th of July weekend and catch Scott Derrickson's new horror film; "Deliver Us From Evil." Seriously people no joke I just saw it and as a 25+year horror veteran who has seen some creepy intense sh*t, this movie struck me in a way I don't even know how to properly describe. It left me shaken to the core but I had some kind of physical reaction to it. The film made me so uncomfortable and I have no idea where it came from. I've seen plenty of films before that tackle the subject of demons and possession and the supernatural. But for some reason this film just infested its way into my veins, I could feel it. Full disclosure it made me so uncomfortable at a few points that I found my body tightening and I shed a few tears. It's a hot 90 degree summer day in early afternoon and I feel like I have to look over my shoulder. Now that's a sign of a job well done for sure! Please go check it out and enjoy it.
Sinister was just "okay" for me, but I'm glad to hear this is solid. I'll check it
100: An American Werewolf in London
200: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
300: The Sandlot
400: Citizen Kane (Digibook)
500: Brazil (Criterion)
600: Iron Man 3 (3D)

On and ever upward.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #624
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA Watching Now

Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #625
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA Watching Now



Capping off July 4th, 2014 with this 'by-the-numbers' yet fun horror flick. It's tradition! So WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR HUH?.... pop in your copy and watch it too
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #626
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watched


Didn't care much for this one, but oh well I think I'll revisit the outback horror and do up a double-feature with its NEW sequel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watched


I didn't care for this one when I originally saw it back in 2006, but this time around it digested well with me. Here's hoping the recently released sequel fairs just as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watched
To my recollection, I didn't care for "Wolf Creek" when it first released and so given the sequel's availability to us horror fans I revisited the original and found that it set well with me this time around. Would I add it to my collection and pop it in on a rainy day/night, no but that doesn't mean I don't see the good that was there. Now onto "Wolf Creek 2." You've got solid performances all around, which much like the last film was never an issue. However, sadly I see this one as just your standard lackluster sequel that basically just cuts and pastes a variety of elements from other films to create what you're watching. This film was nothing more than "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" meets "Joy Ride." The only positive here were the practical effects, which definitely were a step up than its predecessor. I do have to point out that in the final act, there's a moment where the word "fa*got" is used and for the life of me I wish this would stop. Yes I am a gay man and in no way am I suggesting that the writer/director of the film is homophobic, I'm in no way insinuating that. However, I'm tired of films unnecessarily using the term when there's no reason to do so. The manner in which it is used here (and so many other films) makes it seem as if there's something wrong with being gay and/or equating the serial killer's actions being as a result of repressed homosexuality. Anyway, just wanted to make a notation of that before rendering my final thoughts. Ultimately, "Wolf Creek 2" is worth checking out and is certainly a solid followup to its big brother feature, but in terms of longevity there's not much replay value to it. Happy horror everyone!
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #627
Todd Tomorrow Todd Tomorrow is offline
Power Member
 
Todd Tomorrow's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
To my recollection, I didn't care for "Wolf Creek" when it first released and so given the sequel's availability to us horror fans I revisited the original and found that it set well with me this time around. Would I add it to my collection and pop it in on a rainy day/night, no but that doesn't mean I don't see the good that was there. Now onto "Wolf Creek 2." You've got solid performances all around, which much like the last film was never an issue. However, sadly I see this one as just your standard lackluster sequel that basically just cuts and pastes a variety of elements from other films to create what you're watching. This film was nothing more than "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" meets "Joy Ride." The only positive here were the practical effects, which definitely were a step up than its predecessor. I do have to point out that in the final act, there's a moment where the word "fa*got" is used and for the life of me I wish this would stop. Yes I am a gay man and in no way am I suggesting that the writer/director of the film is homophobic, I'm in no way insinuating that. However, I'm tired of films unnecessarily using the term when there's no reason to do so. The manner in which it is used here (and so many other films) makes it seem as if there's something wrong with being gay and/or equating the serial killer's actions being as a result of repressed homosexuality. Anyway, just wanted to make a notation of that before rendering my final thoughts. Ultimately, "Wolf Creek 2" is worth checking out and is certainly a solid followup to its big brother feature, but in terms of longevity there's not much replay value to it. Happy horror everyone!
Good point, I have to admit that totally passed me by when I watched the film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #628
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tomorrow View Post
Good point, I have to admit that totally passed me by when I watched the film.
Thanks for the reply. Which part? The splicing together of TCM2 and Joy Ride or the use of the term fa*got in the final act?
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #629
Todd Tomorrow Todd Tomorrow is offline
Power Member
 
Todd Tomorrow's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Thanks for the reply. Which part? The splicing together of TCM2 and Joy Ride or the use of the term fa*got in the final act?
The use of the term fa*got and the implication that the bad guy is a repressed homosexual. I don't think that is quite implied, but if the "hero" uses the term at that moment, while in real life I could excuse it considering the stress he is under, in a film it's gratuitous.

The moment tries something similar as the entire film Calvaire (aka The Ordeal) by Fabrice De Welz did, but it worked there, because the film overtly dealt with gender identity and sexual power dynamics. And it was made clear that these men, who all had been abandoned by their women, aren't gay, but are so crazed and desperate, that they would hop on anything that moves.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #630
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tomorrow View Post
The use of the term fa*got and the implication that the bad guy is a repressed homosexual. I don't think that is quite implied, but if the "hero" uses the term at that moment, while in real life I could excuse it considering the stress he is under, in a film it's gratuitous.

The moment tries something similar as the entire film Calvaire (aka The Ordeal) by Fabrice De Welz did, but it worked there, because the film overtly dealt with gender identity and sexual power dynamics. And it was made clear that these men, who all had been abandoned by their women, aren't gay, but are so crazed and desperate, that they would hop on anything that moves.
Exactly! That's why I see its use here in "Wolf Creek 2" as offensive (regardless of whether or not the filmmaker meant to do so) it doesn't change the fact that it is. I feel the same way when someone says; "that's so f*cking gay." It's derogatory and offensive, why replace a word that exists to describe something in a negative manner with a term that represents and entire community?!!! Just use the word... 'stupid.' You know what I mean? Thanks for the support and for the dialogue exchange.
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #631
Todd Tomorrow Todd Tomorrow is offline
Power Member
 
Todd Tomorrow's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Exactly! That's why I see its use here in "Wolf Creek 2" as offensive (regardless of whether or not the filmmaker meant to do so) it doesn't change the fact that it is. I feel the same way when someone says; "that's so f*cking gay." It's derogatory and offensive, why replace a word that exists to describe something in a negative manner with a term that represents and entire community?!!! Just use the word... 'stupid.' You know what I mean? Thanks for the support and for the dialogue exchange.
You are welcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #632
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA Movie Night: Horror Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
JohnnyBoy's 'Joy Ride'-athon

Watched


Sure it's a by-the-numbers horror flick, but it's still just as much fun now as it was then. Zahn is good fun and Paul Walker, well what can you say. He certainly grew as an actor over the years, but more importantly than that...the guy will be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watched


This one sucked back in 2008 upon first viewing and well....yeah it still sucks and remains a lackluster sequel. Definitely a pass on this one, there's nothing redeemable or noteworthy about it. Let's hope the recently released third outing for Rusty Nail fairs better. Fingers crossed!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watched
Whew! Thankfully this one was certainly a step up from its lacking predecessor; 'Dead Ahead.' It remains a by-the-numbers series but this time around you've got Declan O'Brien exiting his long-running duties with the "Wrong Turn" franchise (Part 6 slated for a DTV release in October 2014) and taking over the Rusty Nail files. Worth a rental and a buy at the right price, and don't miss the Large Marge special feature. That bit alone was totally awesome. I'm sure we'll hear word of FOX Home Entertainment moving ahead with part 4 and no doubt Declan will be at the helm. Happy horror everyone!
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #633
redrunner97 redrunner97 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
redrunner97's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
North Carolina
252
1
17
Default

Its so annoying that Joy Ride 2 isn't on blu-ray. 1 then 3 on my shelf. :/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #634
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
Its so annoying that Joy Ride 2 isn't on blu-ray. 1 then 3 on my shelf. :/
True. However, as I stated in my mini-review above....there's nothing redeemable about "Joy Ride 2" and therefore there's no replay value to it. Now if you're an OCD completist like some people tend to be, well then I understand what you're saying. I mean let's point out the most obvious flub of all regarding the series. At the end of part 2, Rusty Nail is
[Show spoiler]burned to a crisp and yet survives with full body burns and scars and when we see him return in this latest sequel he's totally fine. No burns or scars anywhere to be seen lol.
That's easily noticeable but for me certainly something I can disregard for the sake of the film. Anyway, did you enjoy "Joy Ride 3?" I assume yes if it is in fact on your shelf haha.
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #635
AnamorphicWidescreen AnamorphicWidescreen is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

Though it's probably fairly obvious to many, Joy Ride 1 (haven't seen the sequels) is obviously inspired by Duel, a '70's made-for-TV film & Steven Spielberg's first feature. Not sure which film I liked more - Duel was definitely suspenseful, but Joy Ride was also suspenseful, had a more complex plot & bigger budget...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #636
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Though it's probably fairly obvious to many, Joy Ride 1 (haven't seen the sequels) is obviously inspired by Duel, a '70's made-for-TV film & Steven Spielberg's first feature. Not sure which film I liked more - Duel was definitely suspenseful, but Joy Ride was also suspenseful, had a more complex plot & bigger budget...
Yeah I definitely recognized the parallels 'Joy Ride' had with 'Duel' when I first saw it many years ago. I'm sure newbies and teens etc have no idea though lol.
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #637
zbinks zbinks is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Illinois
1007
543
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Duel was definitely suspenseful, but Joy Ride was also suspenseful, had a more complex plot & bigger budget...
I like Joy Ride, but I definitely prefer Duel. Sometimes, less is more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 PM   #638
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA JohnnyBoy's 'Purge' Double-Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watching Now


Watching at 10AM


Just remember all the good 'The Purge' does!
Watched at 10AM


I enjoyed the concept of "The Purge" when the first film dropped last year and what was certainly a solid opener (albeit a member of the home-invasion sub genre) to what is now a new franchise with this sequel opening up the world of 'The Purge.' Solid performances all around in 'Anarchy' and definitely something to see and mark on your calendars for next years third entry lol. The series is progressing quite well with the original being small scale to this sequel being much more widespread, however for the next one I'd like to see them ditch the California setting and head for NYC. As the franchise grows and we approach a possible 4th entry, that is when I'd be curious to see them go abroad and feature the next nation to adapt 'The Purge'-style government. London or Paris would be great locations! Hope everyone enjoys the new film. Thank you for participating in The Annual Purge.
Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #639
TripleHBK TripleHBK is offline
Special Member
 
TripleHBK's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE
576
280
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Watched at 10AM


I enjoyed the concept of "The Purge" when the first film dropped last year and what was certainly a solid opener (albeit a member of the home-invasion sub genre) to what is now a new franchise with this sequel opening up the world of 'The Purge.' Solid performances all around in 'Anarchy' and definitely something to see and mark on your calendars for next years third entry lol. The series is progressing quite well with the original being small scale to this sequel being much more widespread, however for the next one I'd like to see them ditch the California setting and head for NYC. As the franchise grows and we approach a possible 4th entry, that is when I'd be curious to see them go abroad and feature the next nation to adapt 'The Purge'-style government. London or Paris would be great locations! Hope everyone enjoys the new film. Thank you for participating in The Annual Purge.


"A Little Ultra-Violence you say? Let me fetch my Raincoat..."
.
.
.
.

"I'm singing in the rain... Just Singing in the Rain"
Wanted To Buy:
-Disney's Treasure Planet Slip Cover
-Disney's Tangled 3D Lenticular Slip Cover
-The Omen Collection Outer Box
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 AM   #640
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York (and I want out lol)
484
266
21
USA Watching Now

Ultraviolet Codes for Sale

The Lego Movie 3D - $5
The Way, Way Back - $4
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.