COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Black Nativity (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Giver (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dream Theater: Breaking the Fourth Wall (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Babette's Feast (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #961
bevins2016 bevins2016 is offline
Expert Member
 
bevins2016's Avatar
 
May 2013
527
46
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkbradd View Post
Ebay is the culprit here not the guy asking for more then he paid. Scalping is legal. What Ebay does is far worse......collecting money, sell nothing...That's the scam, not the guy selling the movies.
Yeah, ebay does practically nothing. They built a easy to use website and constantly update it and pays God knows how much to maintain and rent all the required server time and equipment. Ebay is a business, it would be unreasonable for anyone to provide such a useful and usable website without expecting to get money back somehow. Plus ebay's cut from a sale is pretty small. If I want to sell anything at any other kind of auction and it would be much higher.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:11 AM   #962
Nick Papageorgio Nick Papageorgio is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2013
117
85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkbradd View Post
I think scalping is a little overplayed to be honest. Trying to sell something for more then you paid for it isn't a bad thing. Its reasonable to want to buy something that retains its value or will go up in value, that's common sense. Even to buy something purely for the fact that you will never use it only to mitigate expenses or to turn a profit isn't awful. People don't like it, that's a fact. Some people just don't like the moral compass of those who choose to earn money in said way. I personally think scalping stimulates the economy. I think if you are going to invest in an item for resale you will get burned sometimes and sometimes you will reap the benefits, that's the risk, but in the end the money is being tossed around, and i feel that's a good thing. I think what gets overlooked sometimes is the fact that if you are going to do the research, which scalpers do, spend the time waiting for prices to drop or items to go on sale, which scalpers do, holding onto items until they go out of print, which scalpers do..that's their thing, they have put the time into collecting for whatever purpose necessary and I have zero problems with that. What disgusts me is people who sell bootlegs, people who get items from seller and make false claims, people who cheat other people. It's one thing for someone to spend their money on an item and do what they want with it, its another to take advantage of someone by selling them inauthentic items. I can't stand Ebay and Amazon Marketplace sellers. It is filled with bootlegers and scammers both on the buying end and the selling end. It's one thing to be standing in line at Best Buy's opening to go and grab a limited edition and have some "scalper" run up and take them all and check out and then resell them, but if that "scalper" knocks over some child or granny on the way there just to get the items first, that's where i draw the line. People are greedy, no doubt about it. That is the society we live in. We are moving toward an age of digital only. Physical media will be forced out at some point, people might as well get what they can while its here.

Exactly. Not even thinking in detail about all that, just on a basic level, someones gonna buy them and sell them for more. To not do it just for moral reasons seems insane. If one person doesn't do it the other will. I don't often do it myself but I should. Lets say im at best buy and theres 5 copies of a movie on sale for 10 bucks and I can sell em for 30. Then I think about it and decide to leave them for other people wanting the deal. Then as I walk away some person walks up and takes all 5. Now this dudes got an extra 100 bucks and I got nothin.

Lesson here is as long as theres sales theres gonna be scalpers. This isn't something thats gonna timeout with cooperation like sexism or racism its buying retail items. You could either be the one who ends up with nothing but the bittersweet feeling that you might have done the right thing, while your buddy is buying that new set of headphones you wanted but couldn't afford.... or be the one walking outta there with those sweet phones. I guess everyone has to choose.

Last edited by Nick Papageorgio; 02-23-2014 at 05:18 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #963
burner xxx burner xxx is offline
Special Member
 
burner xxx's Avatar
 
Dec 2013
Michigan
436
18
74
Default

Was there Comic-Con exclusive slips for DVD seasons of Community?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #964
Dick Laurent 97 Dick Laurent 97 is offline
Active Member
 
Dick Laurent 97's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Lost Highway Hotel
58
Default

Is there a place where I can find these?







  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #965
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1224
3
66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Laurent 97 View Post
Is there a place where I can find these?

[Show spoiler]





Sadly only ebay now.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #966
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
2043
35
333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
Hmmmm…..by that statement it makes me think you have your scalping ways yourself . It's a free country its obviously legal but yet nobody likes it.
He he, what tipped you of?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkbradd View Post
I think scalping is a little overplayed to be honest. Trying to sell something for more then you paid for it isn't a bad thing. Its reasonable to want to buy something that retains its value or will go up in value, that's common sense. Even to buy something purely for the fact that you will never use it only to mitigate expenses or to turn a profit isn't awful. People don't like it, that's a fact. Some people just don't like the moral compass of those who choose to earn money in said way. I personally think scalping stimulates the economy. I think if you are going to invest in an item for resale you will get burned sometimes and sometimes you will reap the benefits, that's the risk, but in the end the money is being tossed around, and i feel that's a good thing. I think what gets overlooked sometimes is the fact that if you are going to do the research, which scalpers do, spend the time waiting for prices to drop or items to go on sale, which scalpers do, holding onto items until they go out of print, which scalpers do..that's their thing, they have put the time into collecting for whatever purpose necessary and I have zero problems with that. What disgusts me is people who sell bootlegs, people who get items from seller and make false claims, people who cheat other people. It's one thing for someone to spend their money on an item and do what they want with it, its another to take advantage of someone by selling them inauthentic items. I can't stand Ebay and Amazon Marketplace sellers. It is filled with bootlegers and scammers both on the buying end and the selling end. It's one thing to be standing in line at Best Buy's opening to go and grab a limited edition and have some "scalper" run up and take them all and check out and then resell them, but if that "scalper" knocks over some child or granny on the way there just to get the items first, that's where i draw the line. People are greedy, no doubt about it. That is the society we live in. We are moving toward an age of digital only. Physical media will be forced out at some point, people might as well get what they can while its here.
Can't argue with an expert...I guess.
Wait a minute, we were stuck in a blender and now we're saving lives? WHAT?!?


deltasun's sell/trade thread; For Sale: Captain Phillips (slip, BD/DVD), The Muppets (Wocka x 2) -- $13 ea; The Collection, The Iceman -- $10 ea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 AM   #967
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
2043
35
333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Sadly only ebay now.
Are those not selling on FoxConnect any more?
Wait a minute, we were stuck in a blender and now we're saving lives? WHAT?!?


deltasun's sell/trade thread; For Sale: Captain Phillips (slip, BD/DVD), The Muppets (Wocka x 2) -- $13 ea; The Collection, The Iceman -- $10 ea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #968
Sons Of Sparda Sons Of Sparda is offline
Power Member
 
Sons Of Sparda's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Pennsylvania
1041
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
Are those not selling on FoxConnect any more?
They sold out at the last 50% off sale through foxconnect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 AM   #969
deltasun deltasun is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
2043
35
333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons Of Sparda View Post
They sold out at the last 50% off sale through foxconnect.
Ah, I didn't know. It seems they went on forever.
Wait a minute, we were stuck in a blender and now we're saving lives? WHAT?!?


deltasun's sell/trade thread; For Sale: Captain Phillips (slip, BD/DVD), The Muppets (Wocka x 2) -- $13 ea; The Collection, The Iceman -- $10 ea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #970
Sons Of Sparda Sons Of Sparda is offline
Power Member
 
Sons Of Sparda's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Pennsylvania
1041
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
Ah, I didn't know. It seems they went on forever.
Yes. It did take them a long time to sell them all. They were probably way over produced for a limited edition run.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #971
Leonidas_King Leonidas_King is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Leonidas_King's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Miami, FL
10
1089
7
Default

And to know someone had the audacity to say here "It's from the original distributor, they have tons of stocks and they won't run out". Ahhhh sure Bob. When they had them (a few) for 5 bucks each it will eventually be sold out to the point of OOP.
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 AM.