Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Sherlock: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$136.29
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
From The New World: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$36.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #101
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Or most of the other Hitchcock films.

Paris, Texas may seem like a strange choice here, but you will absolutely not believe how amazing the Nastassja Kinski scenes are.

Louis Malle's The Lover and Elevator to the Gallows will be on Blu-ray someday, and they're essential in this regard.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #102
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

kashif I've listed some of the movies I thought you might enjoy. The Japanese (they have UK and Criterion versions) movies, Belle de Jour, Original Sin and The Story of O are probably more explicit than the others. Barbarella and Flash Gordon are kitschy to some but I've always loved their style! Hopefully some of the titles will peak your interest!

"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #103

Jul 2012

Not on Blu yet (at least not Region A that I know of) but I'll add Luc Besson's Angel-A. I love the black & white cinematography in that movie and the woman looks great.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #104

Oct 2012

Here's 3 from my collection, a little more action-oriented than some suggestions but still with red-hot ladies and cool dudes...

Clive Owen and Monica Bellucci

Rajnikanth and Aishwarya Rai

Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek
Old 03-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #105
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDANGER View Post
Here's 3 from my collection, a little more action-oriented than some suggestions but still with red-hot ladies and cool dudes...

Clive Owen and Monica Bellucci

Rajnikanth and Aishwarya Rai

Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post

Or most of the other Hitchcock films.

Paris, Texas may seem like a strange choice here, but you will absolutely not believe how amazing the Nastassja Kinski scenes are.

Louis Malle's The Lover and Elevator to the Gallows will be on Blu-ray someday, and they're essential in this regard.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepawn View Post
Not on Blu yet (at least not Region A that I know of) but I'll add Luc Besson's Angel-A. I love the black & white cinematography in that movie and the woman looks great.
Thanks a lot I have it already (Region B BD) and definitely a good movie and yes I agree Rie Rasmussen is super hot in this

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
kashif I've listed some of the movies I thought you might enjoy. The Japanese (they have UK and Criterion versions) movies, Belle de Jour, Original Sin and The Story of O are probably more explicit than the others. Barbarella and Flash Gordon are kitschy to some but I've always loved their style! Hopefully some of the titles will peak your interest!

Thanks a lot Some of them are pretty explicit and I will be having a tough luck importing them. However I will check the rest
I already have "Wings Of Desire" and "Amelie" Both very beautiful movies.

By the way what you think about "Breathless" . Which version is the best to have "Criterion" or "Studio Canal"? I havent seen this movie yet. Do you think its worth a blind buy?
"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."
Michael Corleone to Tom and Rocco about Roth - (The Godfather 2)

Last edited by kashif; 03-12-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #106
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashif View Post
Thanks a lot Some of them are pretty explicit and I will be having a tough luck importing them. However I will check the rest
I already have "Wings Of Desire" and "Amelie" Both very beautiful movies.

By the way what you think about "Breathless" . Which version is the best to have "Criterion" or "Studio Canal"? I havent seen this movie yet. Do you think its worth a blind buy?
At the moment the Criterion version is actually cheaper than the Studio Canal release, given the choice (which I don't have as my player is only region B) I'd go with the Criterion, especially if you're going to build a collection of Criterion titles!

I haven't seen the film in years but if you're interested in French New Wave and cinema in general it will be a good investment.

A few more titles:

"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #107
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

In all honesty, all of the James Bond movies suffice for the purposes of this thread.
Sensual female roles? Check
Stylish? Check
Cool cinematography? Check

The Sean Connery Bond films, the Lazenby film, and the Craig films in the franchise for the win, but The Living Daylights is also a keen choice. Well, they're all good for the above.

Not quite as much arthouse credibility, but they're all great movies.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:03 AM   #108
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
At the moment the Criterion version is actually cheaper than the Studio Canal release, given the choice (which I don't have as my player is only region B) I'd go with the Criterion, especially if you're going to build a collection of Criterion titles!

I haven't seen the film in years but if you're interested in French New Wave and cinema in general it will be a good investment.

A few more titles:

Thanks again for the input bro. Yes I think Criterion is the way to go and also thanks for putting these new movies. I have "8˝" added to my most wanted list for a long time and now my Region A player is on the way so I am going to get it definitely but it will also be a blind buy for me.

Didnt know much about "Le mépris" and "Solaris". Checkin them now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
In all honesty, all of the James Bond movies suffice for the purposes of this thread.
Sensual female roles? Check
Stylish? Check
Cool cinematography? Check

The Sean Connery Bond films, the Lazenby film, and the Craig films in the franchise for the win, but The Living Daylights is also a keen choice. Well, they're all good for the above.

Not quite as much arthouse credibility, but they're all great movies.
Thanks for the recommendation. My problem is that only a few bond movies appealed me and they are from Sean Connery to Roger Moore era and everything after that I dont like. I still cant digest the fact that "Graig" is playing James Bond!!!
"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."
Michael Corleone to Tom and Rocco about Roth - (The Godfather 2)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America