COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Spy Game / State of Play (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Originals: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
WWE: Ladies And Gentleman My Name Is Paul Heyman (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-24-2014, 03:57 AM   #1801

Oct 2011
San Antonio, TX
Send a message via AIM to jasibley

I just caved and bought this a few minutes ago on Amazon. I already own the movies prolly around 3 times each, including the nice steelbooks, but I just couldn't resist the price and it being BATMAN DAY! 75 Years of The Dark Knight. I prolly could've spent my money elsewhere, but when I saw this set at a used store, I remember thinking how NICE it was. Really looking forward to having this in my collection
Old 07-24-2014, 04:07 AM   #1802
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasibley View Post
I just caved and bought this a few minutes ago on Amazon. I already own the movies prolly around 3 times each, including the nice steelbooks, but I just couldn't resist the price and it being BATMAN DAY! 75 Years of The Dark Knight. I prolly could've spent my money elsewhere, but when I saw this set at a used store, I remember thinking how NICE it was. Really looking forward to having this in my collection
I just bought it for the bonus disc. The rest will be going up on fleabay shortly. Hopefully I'll make a good chunk of my money back. The digital copy goes for $10 at least. Hopefully the rest is worth $28.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #1803
Power Member

Jan 2014

Got my set. Wonderful box, really like having it. It's slightly thicker than I would like because of the toys but it's impressive enough to put up with it.

Finally watched Dark Knight Rises for a second time and found myself actually enjoying it more than in the theater. I was disappointed in it the first time, I guess I was expecting too much. Such a great trilogy. Can't wait to watch the bonus disc tomorrow, the documentary sounds great.

Since I never owned Rises before I think that, the new bonus disc and the nice packaging altogether was definitely worth $38. Especially if I can sell the digital code for $10.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 AM   #1804
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
The contents within the box don't contain much about Catwoman. The gorgeous, but abbreviated book has a few good pictures. What really stands out to me in regards to Catwoman is the screen test in the exclusive documentary. Anne Hathaway looks even more stunning here than in the film (IMO naturally). The set is worth this price for the documentary and the IMAX scenes. The Donner/Nolan interview did nothing for me.
Thank you.

I did end up picking it up, glad I did. You sold me with the screen test!

Checking it all out tonight.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
Old 08-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #1805
Expert Member

Mar 2010
New York

Yeah, so I actually caved on my $30 price point and ordered the set when it was on sale...

It arrived today, and as someone who already owned the films and didn't really feel like I needed this... I was wrong. lol

Everything about this set is First Class and even better in person. I can't imagine not having it now.

Would have been nice with Remasters & Nolan Commentaries... But for the huge fan of this series? This Box Set is a must have. IMO
For Your Consideration...
Old 08-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #1806
Power Member

Jan 2014

Yeah, it's a nice box for the price. $80 would have been way too much if you owned the movies though, don't regret waiting.

The documentary is pretty good! Probably the definitive one for the series, you can ignore all the other supplements largely.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #1807
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

It's sad. I don't want to buy the big box set as I already own the steelbooks, but I'd love to watch that 'The Fire Rises' documentary.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:05 AM   #1808

Oct 2011
San Antonio, TX
Send a message via AIM to jasibley

I also received mine in the mail Saturday, but was nervous on the condition I'd get it in. Luckily, it came in pristine condition from Amazon. My favorite number is 7, and surprisingly, the number I got? 27,787! I was already pretty happy about that. But I definitely agree that this set is top notch. I wasn't aware that The Dark Knight Trilogy was one my favorite franchises until I realized just HOW MANY versions I already own. Haha, wow. But having said that, I am VERY happy I own this set. They could've given us better "swag" in my opinion, but they did a super job putting this set together. If you are on the fence about getting this, DO IT. You won't regret it. Really glad I caved
Old 08-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #1809
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
Good news for those who already have all 3 films but want to watch the bonus features, you're in luck:

The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy:

http://videolog.tv/1033784
http://videolog.tv/1033818
http://videolog.tv/1033982
http://videolog.tv/1034058
http://videolog.tv/1034168

Christopher Nolan and Richard Donner: A Conversation:

http://videolog.tv/1034325
http://videolog.tv/1034462
Not to be "that guy" but isn't this basically piracy? I doubt Warner approved posting it there.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #1810

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Not to be "that guy" but isn't this basically piracy? I doubt Warner approved posting it there.
I didn't post them, so no charges for me! Besides, I want to save my money for the inevitable 4K release.

Edit: I'm going to delete them, out of fear WB might discover them here. Bookmark the links because I'm going to delete them soon.
For every laugh, there should be a tear. - Walt Disney

Last edited by Poya; 08-05-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #1811

Aug 2012
Liverpool, UK

Anybody got the German set and if so, how English friendly is the packaging?

I know the films will be fine language/subs wise, this being Warner, but I wondered if the pack and also the book is all in German?
Old 08-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #1812
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHorse42 View Post
Anybody got the German set and if so, how English friendly is the packaging?

I know the films will be fine language/subs wise, this being Warner, but I wondered if the pack and also the book is all in German?
I bought the German set last week and received it Tuesday, the only German text is on the removable info sheet and the text on the discs themselves, the letter and book are identical to the UK set.

It's a nice set so I was quite disappointed when I discovered one of the pages of the BD book was torn, I contacted Amazon.de and they have sent a replacement and told me to dispose of the original, hopefully the new one won't have the same issue.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:19 AM   #1813

Aug 2012
Liverpool, UK

Thanks Indy. Good to know the letter and book are in English. I'm not too bothered about any other text really, as I mainly want this for the bonus doc, Imax footage, etc. I already have the films twice over!

Given up waiting for a good price on the UK set but noticed the German version had a pretty good price drop in the week, so went for it. Works out at 25.59 delivered...cheapest I've seen it anywhere.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America