COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Spy Game / State of Play (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Originals: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
WWE: Ladies And Gentleman My Name Is Paul Heyman (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Today, 04:50 AM   #2381
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
Transformers 4 made over a billion bucks a too. Its more proof that most of the general public will eat McDonalds and call it good food

The difference there though is Iron Man 3 was not only generally well received by critics, but audiences as well. Transformers 4 was basically universally panned by both ends, and is only making it's money overseas compared to what it's making here. The audiences are tired of Bay's schtick with the series, where as most audiences seemed pleased with what Black did with the third Iron Man. Whether you personally like it or not, it still holds a pretty high rating for users across both imdb and Rotten Tomatoes, which is enough evidence to suggest that people really did enjoy it, no matter what the vocal minority wants people to believe.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell

Instagram: pj_campbell
Old Today, 05:34 AM   #2382
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbilly10 View Post
I want a damn trailer already!!
This article from moviepilot.com suggests that we could be getting a trailer by late September or early to mid October -> http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09/...sation=2273757

Quote:
When will we see the Avengers: Age of ultron trailer?

By Juan Miguel Coboson September 15th, 2014

The SDCC ended more than a month ago, in which we could see trailers of our most anticipated films. Well, almost. When the "BvS: Dawn of justice" teaser was released, a brave guy recorded it and then, we could see the teaser that, unfortunately, we will never see in HD.

But there´s one thing that we were (and we still) expecting: The cinderela teaser... (just kidding) The avengers: age of ultron teaser.

The lucky ones who could see the trailer gave us details about it, and this left us with more desire to see it. To make it worse, the audio was filtered, only the audio, nothing more. But there is smart people in this world, smart and kindly people that, with nothing more than a pencil and a computer, can give us a clue of how the teaser was.

But the real question is: When will we see the "Avengers: Age of ultron" trailer?

Pesonally, I think that the official trailer will be released very soon: September 30th, October 7th or October 14th.

But; why this dates? First, I can´t see the future and I´m not crazy. I´m saying this dates because, if you remember, "The avengers" (2012) trailer was released one of the first Tuesdays in october of 2011. And the "Iron man 3" Trailer was released again one of the first Tuesdays in october of 2012. And the last year, the "Captain América: TWS" Trailer was released in october 24th.

This sounds great, because October is coming and this means that we don´t have to wait so long to see it!

But what do you think guys, Is the trailer really coming soon or will we have to wait more time?
Old Today, 06:07 AM   #2383
Power Member

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Iron Man 3 was well received critically and by mainstream fans. The only group that dislikes it is hardcore comic fanboys mad about the Mandarin and Pepper's powers. No one else really cares, and they like the movie.

Iron Man 2 is the only real crappy movie in the MCU at the moment, in my opinion. I haven't seen the Thor films yet though.
Wrong. I've never picked up an Iron Man comic in my life and I thought Iron Man 3 was a crappy movie. And not just for Mandarin, I don't really understand the Pepper thing, wasn't a big deal for me. The whole movie was just bad to me.

I think I might like Iron Man 2 more, though I still do not think highly of that one.
Old Today, 06:17 AM   #2384

Mar 2013

For me, Phase 2 is currently beating out Phase 1. Phase 1, in my opinion, only had two really good films: Iron Man and the Avengers. The other four were just meh. In Phase 2, while Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were still meh, The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were not only great, but also surpassed Iron Man and The Avengers. If Age of Ultron ends up being better than The Avengers, then it will be a lock for Phase 2.
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #2385
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

I'm a Phase Two guy, I liked all the confidences in these later films and they all feel like they're of the same wheelhouse unlike Phase One. Yeah, I kinda want them to pull away from the Whedon-jaunt just a little bit and be a little bit more singular, but Iron Man 3 is my favourite of the Iron Man series, I liked The Dark World on the same level as the first film. The Winter Solider was a vast improvement on the first Captain America movie and Guardians was an absolute none stop blast.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out:The Equaliser. Gone Girl. Fury. Men, Women and Children. Nightcrawler. Interstellar. The Drop. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. The Rover. Godzilla. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Thanks given by:
Walts Ghost (Today)
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #2386
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I'm a Phase Two guy, I liked all the confidences in these later films and they all feel like they're of the same wheelhouse unlike Phase One. Yeah, I kinda want them to pull away from the Whedon-jaunt just a little bit and be a little bit more singular, but Iron Man 3 is my favourite of the Iron Man series, I liked The Dark World on the same level as the first film. The Winter Solider was a vast improvement on the first Captain America movie and Guardians was an absolute none stop blast.

I agree.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell

Instagram: pj_campbell
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #2387
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
The more I think about it, I feel I liked Phase Two more as well. Iron Man 3 is my favorite of the series as well, and Cap 2 and GOTG are both next to Avengers as the best the MCU has to offer. Thor 2 is really good, although I slightly prefer the first one.
"Ain't Nothing Over Til' It's Over."

2014 Top 10: 1) Guardians of the Galaxy 2) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3) The Raid 2 4) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 5) Boyhood 6) X-Men: Days of Future Past 7) The LEGO Movie 8) Big Bad Wolves 9) 22 Jump Street 10) Edge of Tomorrow
Old Today, 07:43 AM   #2388
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
If you ask me, most of the Marvel films are safe bubble movies that don't try too hard to be deep or provoke real emotions. DC might want to try a movie like that at some point, so they can get more appealing box office results.
true, they tend to play it safe quite a bit
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #2389
Expert Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Iron Man 3 was well received critically and by mainstream fans. The only group that dislikes it is hardcore comic fanboys mad about the Mandarin and Pepper's powers. No one else really cares, and they like the movie.

Iron Man 2 is the only real crappy movie in the MCU at the moment, in my opinion. I haven't seen the Thor films yet though.
Not really, it Metacritics below 1 and barely above 2.

Most of the Marvel movies float in the same "they're ok" boat. The Thors, Iron Man 2-3, Captain America (and Winter Soldier was still eyerolling generic through most of it).Guardians is the only real standout movie, followed by Iron Man then Avengers. The rest are merely ok. Thor was probably the biggest let down, although not the worst movie of the bunch.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies