Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08

The Changeling (Blu-ray)
$27.93
1 hr ago
Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
36 min ago
Odds Against Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Ghost World (Blu-ray)
$18.29

The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Purge: Election Year (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #1

Oct 2008
Portland, OR
Default Thoughts on the Old BMW Short Films??

I was just thinking about how I love car chase scenes/action sequences on Blu, and how amazing the BMW shorts featuring Clive Owen were, even on my laptop! I wish they would come to blu, but I know that would never happen! Anyways, have you guys seen them? What did you think? They had great actors too (Gary Oldman, Clive Owen were in "Beat the Devil but, "Ticker" (Clive Owen, Don Cheadle) is the best for action, and it was awesome!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2theBlu View Post
I was just thinking about how I love car chase scenes/action sequences on Blu, and how amazing the BMW shorts featuring Clive Owen were, even on my laptop! I wish they would come to blu, but I know that would never happen! Anyways, have you guys seen them? What did you think? They had great actors too (Gary Oldman, Clive Owen were in "Beat the Devil but, "Ticker" (Clive Owen, Don Cheadle) is the best for action, and it was awesome!
I thought they were fantastic. I actually have the DVD for the first season of the shorts. I really want to get my hands on the second season DVDs. And Yes "Ticker" was the best by far, it was directed by Joe Carnahan btw. It was an awesome series and I really wish they would have continued it further.

I think you can find them all here although a couple may be missing and they are just youtube so not as good quality:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...ideos&start=20
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #3

Oct 2008
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretagentnumber6 View Post
I thought they were fantastic. I actually have the DVD for the first season of the shorts. I really want to get my hands on the second season DVDs. And Yes "Ticker" was the best by far, it was directed by Joe Carnahan btw. It was an awesome series and I really wish they would have continued it further.

I think you can find them all here although a couple may be missing and they are just youtube so not as good quality:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...ideos&start=20
Where did you get your DVD? Does it sound good on your HT?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

I believe that I ordered copy of The Hire from www.bmwfilms.com, however it seems that the site no longer is active. I don't think that they are in print anymore.

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY HAD RELEASED A SECOND INSTALLMENT?!?!?!
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884

Last edited by Petra_Kalbrain; 04-10-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I believe that I ordered copy of The Hire from www.bmwfilms.com, however it seems that the site no longer is active. I don't think that they are in print anymore.

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY HAD RELEASED A SECOND INSTALLMENT?!?!?!
There were two seperate installments. I got my dvd the same way through the website for free actually. And unfortunately it is oop.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 04-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008

I got my BMW Films Series 1 disc directly at a BMW dealership. I walked in with my buddy to get it.

Funny story, we were dressed pretty shabby. I.E. we looked like gang members. The dealer looked at us and told us that the disc was supposed to be with a test drive but he said he would give them to us without having to do that. He asked how many I wanted and I ended up getting three copies.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies