COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #1

Oct 2008
Default Netflix issue on my Sony BDP-S790

I recently bought a Sony BDP-S790. Twice when I was loading an episode from a TV show in Netflix, about halfway through loading I would get kicked out of Netflix and back to the Home screen then I have to restart Netflix. They were 2 different shows, Fraser and Knight Rider. My PS3 never did that but then again I had a few minor issues with Netflix on my PS3 as well so Netflix has not been a perfect experience on my PS3 either. I just want to know what's going on with Netflix on my BDP-S790. Is it a firmware issue with my BDP-S790 or is the problem on Netflix's end?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:06 AM   #2

Oct 2008

Okay, a few minutes ago someone told me that he doesn't have the same issue with Netflix kicking me out as I did on the BDP-S790 and he owns that same blu-ray player. He tells me that maybe someone else is logging into my Netflix account that is causing me to get kicked out of Netflix when I load sometimes loaded a TV episode. I wonder why it does not happen on my PS3 or on the PC at where I work. Well, I returned the player back to the store telling returns customer service rep about the Netflix issue I was having with the player. Also one time when I was loading the Vudu app on that player, it kicked me back to the home screen as well, but it only did it once. Will Netflix quit on a person if they are logged into Netflix on 2 devices at the same time?

I want to add that I have a 5.2Mbps DSL connection and I have way more than enough bandwidth for watching SD material in Netflix so I know it's not from a lack of bandwidith on my end.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 AM   #3

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
Okay, a few minutes ago someone told me that he doesn't have the same issue with Netflix kicking me out as I did on the BDP-S790 and he owns that same blu-ray player. He tells me that maybe someone else is logging into my Netflix account that is causing me to get kicked out of Netflix when I load sometimes loaded a TV episode. I wonder why it does not happen on my PS3 or on the PC at where I work. Well, I returned the player back to the store telling returns customer service rep about the Netflix issue I was having with the player. Also one time when I was loading the Vudu app on that player, it kicked me back to the home screen as well, but it only did it once. Will Netflix quit on a person if they are logged into Netflix on 2 devices at the same time?

I want to add that I have a 5.2Mbps DSL connection and I have way more than enough bandwidth for watching SD material in Netflix so I know it's not from a lack of bandwidith on my end.
Okay I just tested out having my PS3 and PC logged into my Netflix account at the same time. I didn't get kicked out of Netflix on either device.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #4

Feb 2008
Arizona

I've gotten kicked out of Netflix before when my wife tried to watch something on a different TV. My guess is that is what's going on even though it didn't kick you out this last time
PSN ID: thunda123

http://www.blu-clan.com
Old 10-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
Special Member

Feb 2008
Cincinnati, OH

I'm not sure what the problem is. I have the BDP-S590 and it runs Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime Instant Video without a problem (it also does a great job playing Blu-rays and DVDs ). I would imagine that your player would be more than capable of running these apps since it's the step-up model from mine. Have you tried contacting Sony's customer support?
PSN ID skillzthtkillz
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #6

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunda View Post
I've gotten kicked out of Netflix before when my wife tried to watch something on a different TV. My guess is that is what's going on even though it didn't kick you out this last time
I noticed that I forgot that I was still logged on to Netflix on my PC when I was using my PC for Netflix yesterday before I was having the problem with the BDP-S790. However, I was not Netflix streaming on another device when I got kicked out of Netflix on the BDP-S790. So can the problem be because I was still logged in to Netflix on my PC? So I should always log off of Netflix account on my PC even if I'm not streaming Netflix on my PC if I want to stream Netflix from another device using my Netflix account?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:21 AM   #7

Dec 2010
USA

I am a heavy netflix user and I get booted to the home screen too every once and a while.

I am using the sony S590 player.

Kind of annoying.

Also I hate when I click on netflix and it says'' the internet content is ready '' and then I have to click ok for it to load.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
I noticed that I forgot that I was still logged on to Netflix on my PC when I was using my PC for Netflix yesterday before I was having the problem with the BDP-S790. However, I was not Netflix streaming on another device when I got kicked out of Netflix on the BDP-S790. So can the problem be because I was still logged in to Netflix on my PC? So I should always log off of Netflix account on my PC even if I'm not streaming Netflix on my PC if I want to stream Netflix from another device using my Netflix account?
No, that shouldn't be the issue. I'm signed in on my computer, my 2 BD's and living room flatscreen. The only thing I encounter is I'm continuously ask to activate my Vizio BD app.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders