Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Sherlock Gnomes $11.97 (30% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96
5 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.87
14 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99

The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.00
22 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible III 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Bad Moms Christmas (Blu-ray)
$9.59

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
9 hrs ago
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
14 hrs ago
Rabid (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia

Old 08-31-2017, 08:18 PM   #1

Aug 2012
NJ
Default Star Wars Force Friday: 9/1/2017 Edition

Ok so I've never actually "participated" in one of these before and I'm seeing info about what is new and going to be available...

But can someone who has taken part on one from a past year tell me: is this an in-store only huge event? Am I able to get any of these awesome new toys online? I'm asking because I checked out ToysRUs online and they didn't show ANYTHING that'll be available, only that in-store, you can get freebies and such.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #2
Special Member

Aug 2014
TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
Ok so I've never actually "participated" in one of these before and I'm seeing info about what is new and going to be available...

But can someone who has taken part on one from a past year tell me: is this an in-store only huge event? Am I able to get any of these awesome new toys online? I'm asking because I checked out ToysRUs online and they didn't show ANYTHING that'll be available, only that in-store, you can get freebies and such.
All the new stuff will become available tonight at midnight in store and online. To get the freebies, you have to go to the store. Keep in mind they usually have a limited amount of free stuff so if you aren't in line insanely early, you might as well forget trying to get the free stuff. Toys R Us is doing the free t-shirt and poster. Select Target stores are having events too but not sure if they are giving out anything for free. Although the stores that open at midnight will be raffling off a huge Porg stuffed animal type thing. New merchandise will be all over come friday. Google Force Friday and you will get a plethora of info.
Thanks given by:
J.D. Lombardi (08-31-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 05:16 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

Just came back from my 3rd Star Wars midnight toy release. The first for TFA, then RO, now TLJ. Honestly it's nothing spectacular. The shirt looks ok (no 2XL!) and the poster is ok. They had members of the 501st come out and for the first time someone had a Death Trooper armor on! Management came and just before the release and reminded us to be civil with each other (seriously? this ain't black friday!) and that they didn't have all the stuff.

I just picked up Rey, the hotwheels TIE Silencer, that b-wing looking ship from the trailer and that was it. I am going to back in a few weeks for other stuff.

What I did not see is Snoke, Luke Skywalker or the new BB-9E, not even the new walker.
Be aware in a week or 2 (or 3) they might have a sale going on with this stuff. Everyone was in and out in 30 minutes.

Target should have more stuff and they are offering coupons for if you buy 50 dollars you get a 10 dollar gift card?
Will look at that tomorrow. Didn't see that new storm trooper (the one with the black mark on it's helmet, nor Phasma)
Old 09-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #4

Aug 2012
NJ

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2M...J3RGR4R1k/view

This link is a checklist to most of the "important" releases. Snoke was a Game Stop exclusive, so make sure you check their site. (they also had that Darth Vader 40th Early Bird pack for $15 last night)

I'll be getting a couple of the Black series 6-inch figures at most...my son does the Black Series/Hot Wheels ships so anything his is missing I'll nab and put away for Christmas. I really am looking forwarder to that Vader/Probe Droid 2-pack. As long is it is in stock, I'll grab it tonight.
Thanks given by:
Lsalas76 (09-02-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
Special Member

Aug 2014
TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2M...J3RGR4R1k/view

This link is a checklist to most of the "important" releases. Snoke was a Game Stop exclusive, so make sure you check their site. (they also had that Darth Vader 40th Early Bird pack for $15 last night)

I'll be getting a couple of the Black series 6-inch figures at most...my son does the Black Series/Hot Wheels ships so anything his is missing I'll nab and put away for Christmas. I really am looking forwarder to that Vader/Probe Droid 2-pack. As long is it is in stock, I'll grab it tonight.
The only place i saw the new Hot Wheels Character cars and ships was Toys R Us. I picked up the majority of the new wave of character cars.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
Power Member

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

I got all the wave 1 figures this morning at WM no problem. This takes me over 700.

If you wanted to order online though, Hasbro Toy Shop was having the best deal - 15% off and free shipping.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate Leads to suffering...
J.D. Lombardi (09-01-2017), mport5150 (09-01-2017), Stray Cat 13 (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2016

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=9590

I have also added a box of trading cards, Rey's Speeder and a BB-8 Pop!
Old 09-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #8

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
If you wanted to order online though, Hasbro Toy Shop was having the best deal - 15% off and free shipping.
Thanks for that tip!
Old 09-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

It's been really hard to not pick anything up this year. I just don't have the money to spend on collectibles for another week or so. Gah!
Game of the Year 2017: Assassin's Creed Origins
Game of the Year 2016: Overwatch
Game of the Year 2015: The Witcher III Wild Hunt
Old 09-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #10
Special Member

Mar 2008
Victorville, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITDEFX101 View Post
Just came back from my 3rd Star Wars midnight toy release. The first for TFA, then RO, now TLJ. Honestly it's nothing spectacular. The shirt looks ok (no 2XL!) and the poster is ok. They had members of the 501st come out and for the first time someone had a Death Trooper armor on! Management came and just before the release and reminded us to be civil with each other (seriously? this ain't black friday!) and that they didn't have all the stuff.

I just picked up Rey, the hotwheels TIE Silencer, that b-wing looking ship from the trailer and that was it. I am going to back in a few weeks for other stuff.

What I did not see is Snoke, Luke Skywalker or the new BB-9E, not even the new walker.
Be aware in a week or 2 (or 3) they might have a sale going on with this stuff. Everyone was in and out in 30 minutes.

Target should have more stuff and they are offering coupons for if you buy 50 dollars you get a 10 dollar gift card?
Will look at that tomorrow. Didn't see that new storm trooper (the one with the black mark on it's helmet, nor Phasma)
Oh damn! Would love to know when a 501st Death Trooper was going to make an appearance. We bought tje Nissan Star Wars Rogue One edition in black. Be kinda cool to have a pic of a DT with the Rogue.
3D Blu-ray Player/Media Center: LE Gunmetal MGS4 PS3 (upgraded to 500GB)
Gaming System:BATMAN LE Arkham Knight Gunmetal PS4 (upgraded to 2TB)
PSN ID: TurnDa643
Audio: Sony HT-SS2000 HTiB
Video: Sharp Aquos 60" 1080p 120hz lcd hdtv
DVD's: <downsizing>
Next Upgrade: Sharp Aquos 80" LCD HDTV, Pioneer/Klipsch 7.1 surround system.
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (09-03-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 03:59 AM   #11
Expert Member

Dec 2015
Chico, CA

My haul from the weekend:

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 04:53 AM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Damn that's a nice looking set of black series! I might have to hop back on the bandwagon for those!
Game of the Year 2017: Assassin's Creed Origins
Game of the Year 2016: Overwatch
Game of the Year 2015: The Witcher III Wild Hunt
Old 09-09-2017, 02:07 AM   #13

Oct 2011
da hills of gawga

Sorry guys but these toys are a snoozefest, I'm sure there are more coming, sorry to upset ya
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia