Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$174.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.90
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #1081

Jan 2011
Georgia

To those still looking for a deal on the 3D edition, check your local FYE. They had it for $10.00 brand new, good slipcovers, and had three or so left after I got one. Pretty sweet deal on such a set.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #1082
Special Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat Send a message via Yahoo to fiveseven4combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoeKalel View Post
So, I was finally able to watch this movie this past Saturday (bought the 3D edition even though I don't have a 3D TV, but that discussion is for another thread) and I can say that I am pleased with what I saw.

Maybe I went in with low expectations (from many critics and reviewers) but I truly enjoyed this movie. It is on par with #2 in regards the blockbuster factor (think of it as how well it measures with Raiders of the Lost Ark which was made to purely entertain and have fun) and was paced well enough not to be like #3.

I do think it needed a bit more meat (but not as much to leave you confused as with #3) and also it needed a better 'love couple' to match Bloom and Knightley. What I did found myself doing was...laughing. I think this time Depp had more one liners than anything else, and almost all of them were funny (if you had seen it,
[Show spoiler]think at the time when he arrives at the site of Ponce de Leon's ship and he starts talking as if he had an audience and realizes he doesn't
).

Now, will I be rewatching the movie that often? Well, I don't think so, but I don't do that with the other Pirates either. Overall, I felt this movie was fun, well-paced and with a good story that didn't get all confusing. My score, 3.5 ships out of 5.
I enjoyed this one as well. To be honest it's my favorite sequel. Dead Man's Chest is really hard to focus on, I got confused the first few times I watched it and At World's End.... Well let's not even get into that one. I enjoyed the story of On Stranger Tides and I actually think I will end up re watching this more than the first 2 sequels.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #1083
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Disney re-releasing this in 2D, with the bonus disc from the 3D pack included? I don't support foolish gimmicks.
I called Walt Disney Studios or a Disney Blu-ray phone number some time ago, to find out when they are planning on re-releasing Pirates 4 with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes(that I happen to know about) in a 2D BD pack. They told me that Pirates 4 will probably be released, with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes when Pirates 5 is about to be released to theaters in 2017. Hopefully they will also include the Tales of the Code: Wedlocked short film prequel of Pirates 1 with Pirates 4's Blu-ray re-release .

Last edited by Sean B.; 01-06-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #1084
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I called Walt Disney Studios or a Disney Blu-ray phone number some time ago, to find out when they are planning on re-releasing Pirates 4 with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes(that I happen to know about) in a 2D BD pack. They told me that Pirates 4 will probably be released, with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes when Pirates 5 is about to be released to theaters in 2016. Hopefully they will also include the Tales of the Code: Wedlocked short film prequel of Pirates 1 with Pirates 4's Blu-ray re-release .
I hadn't even heard of that short film before now. I take it, the only way to get it is through the complete box set or eBay? Hopefully it appears on the fifth film's Blu-ray.

I hate not having short films that are connected to feature films. I double dipped on Monsters Inc just to have the Partysaurus Rex short. Totally worth it too!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #1085
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
I hadn't even heard of that short film before now. I take it, the only way to get it is through the complete box set or eBay? Hopefully it appears on the fifth film's Blu-ray.

I hate not having short films that are connected to feature films. I double dipped on Monsters Inc just to have the Partysaurus Rex short. Totally worth it too!
You can buy that short film prequel of Pirates 1 on BD, if you buy the 15 disc BD pack of the first four Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Yes, Hopefully it will be on Pirates 5's BD or on a possible re-release of Pirates 4 on BD, if its released again when Pirates 5 is to be released to theaters in 2017.

Last edited by Sean B.; 01-06-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #1086
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Saw the four-disc 3D set on Blu-Ray.com for $12 or so about ten days ago, and ordered it. Showed up today, slip was battered to hell top and bottom, and it had multiple UPC markdown stickers on the back of the slip, which took some time and care to remove. I'm not one who cares too much about the slips, so not too concerned. Got 200 points for it on DMR, and it automatically uploaded to Disney Movies Anywhere.

Can't wait to check it out in 3D on New Year's Eve. Really liked this movie...far more than Pirates 2 and 3. It always seemed to me that they forgot who Jack Sparrow was in Dead Man's Chest and World's End -- he was a good man and a pirate (as he tried to tell Will Turner regarding his father). In Dead Man's Chest and World's End, he's completely self-absorbed and will turn anyone over at any time. They took an incredibly appealing character and made him unlikeable. The only person to root for in those movies is Will Turner, and they even tried to mess him up, thinking Elizabeth had the hots for Sparrow.

On Stranger Tides brings back Jack as the good scoundrel from Curse of the Black Pearl, and as such, I just found it a lot more fun, not to mention less polluted with convoluted plot twists. Looking forward to seeing it again.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #1087
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Here's that "Wedlocked" thing Sean was talking about....

Thanks given by:
Sean B. (01-06-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #1088

Mar 2015

Hi!

Can anyone tell me if I will buy at Best buy web-store - 3d combo pack (Sku number is 3158616), will this include the 6th bonus disc or not? It did not say there that it is a best buy exclusive or that it does contain any extra disc.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #1089

Nov 2009
Boston, MA
Send a message via AIM to BDrischBDemented

Quote:
Originally Posted by romadelic View Post
Hi!

Can anyone tell me if I will buy at Best buy web-store - 3d combo pack (Sku number is 3158616), will this include the 6th bonus disc or not? It did not say there that it is a best buy exclusive or that it does contain any extra disc.
Probably not. I doubt they even carry the one with the bonus disc at this point, and I'd imagine if they did they'd have a specific SKU for it that mentions the disc.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #1090

Mar 2015
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDrischBDemented View Post
Probably not. I doubt they even carry the one with the bonus disc at this point, and I'd imagine if they did they'd have a specific SKU for it that mentions the disc.
Is there any chance to find and buy 6-disc best-buy exclusive set?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #1091

Nov 2009
Boston, MA
Send a message via AIM to BDrischBDemented

Quote:
...eBay? I guess you might find one leftover in a store somewhere, maybe, if you got lucky.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #1092
Special Member

Jun 2011
Alhambra, CA

Quote:
There is one last one on Amazon for $61
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TV5BI4?...=IWAEXQ54ZALJB

I couldn't find it on ebay anymore.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America