Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$21.61
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$47.41
Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$18.02
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$26.90
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$28.58
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$63.31
Downton Abbey: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$56.70
The Rockford Files: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$56.32
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.17
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$27.09
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 06-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #3481
Special Member

Jan 2016
Virginia, U.S.A.

9/19 is when season 5 comes to Blu-ray!
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Arrow-Season-5/23344
Looking for the following: Batman the movie Zavvi steelbook, Batman Begins Japanese steelbook, and Swamp Thing: The Series Volume 3 DVD
Old 06-07-2017, 04:10 AM   #3482
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

**** you WB. They should just put Invasion on its own disc for people who don't want to buy three seasons for one episode.
Thanks given by:
dcfan88 (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #3483
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
**** you WB. They should just put Invasion on its own disc for people who don't want to buy three seasons for one episode.
Simply wait for the sets to drop to $14.99 or below like they often do 2-3 months after release.
"I'd rather watch Teen Mom than professional wrestling." - Vince Russo
Old 06-07-2017, 07:43 AM   #3484
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Alabama
Send a message via AIM to kevin87

Quote:
I'd have liked if they did, when I watch BDs I don't watch the shows concurrently like with TV airings... so If I get all three shows, I'd actually rather watch the whole thing 3 times on each set to have a cohesive storyline than it just skip around.

I'd assume they don't want to break the show up though, otherwise they'd have episodes 1-6 on disc one and then Flash and Arrow would only have one episode before the crossover, and it'd be kind of stupid to have Invasion on a separate disc by itself and not actually in correct order. Logically they'd be able to put 1-7 on disc one but people complained about Supergirl s1 having more than 6 episodes per disc, so that might have caused them to not do this. With LoT it would be fine since the crossover is episode 7 for them, which would start a new disc anyway.

The only real option they would have had is to just keep the episodes in airing order and have disc 2 start with ep 7, then have an 8a, 8b, and 8c like how Flash and Arrow did with the LoT backdoor pilot crossover event. The problem with that would be that it would then push episode 23 off to a 5th disc by itself (and bonus features), and maybe they didn't like the idea of wasting money to produce a disc for one each for each set. If LoT only had 16 episodes, it would have worked perfectly for them though to have all the Invasion episodes included

The Flash/Supergirl crossover is the worst scenario though, since The Flash has story relevant to the series, at least with Invasion, each episode is pretty much still self contained for it's base show.
I have a full Star Wars: The Force Awakens unused code, willing to trade for these movies... or maybe even just any movie I don't have.

Looking for Killjoys: Season One and Outlander S1V1 and V2 slipcovers.

Last edited by kevin87; 06-07-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #3485
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Simply wait for the sets to drop to $14.99 or below like they often do 2-3 months after release.
But that still means I have to own Legends Season 2, which also means I have to go out and buy Season 1 because I can't own Season 2 if I don't have Season 1.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #3486

Mar 2017

Quote:
But that still means I have to own Legends Season 2, which also means I have to go out and buy Season 1 because I can't own Season 2 if I don't have Season 1.
And ... ?
Old 06-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #3487
Special Member

Jan 2016
Virginia, U.S.A.

Quote:
Yeah I really hate this thing with Invasion not being bundled together.

As far as the special features go on this set I'm surprised there's no featurette on Arrow episode 100. Especially given that Gotham has a featurette on Ben McKenzie directing an episode
Looking for the following: Batman the movie Zavvi steelbook, Batman Begins Japanese steelbook, and Swamp Thing: The Series Volume 3 DVD
Old 06-07-2017, 10:38 PM   #3488
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfan88 View Post
Yeah I really hate this thing with Invasion not being bundled together.

As far as the special features go on this set I'm surprised there's no featurette on Arrow episode 100. Especially given that Gotham has a featurette on Ben McKenzie directing an episode
Sent you a PM. Please look
Old 06-09-2017, 04:01 AM   #3489
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan1994 View Post
And ... ?
And I can't own a middle seaosn of a series unless I own the others.

It's the same with movies. Why would I want to buy Movie #5 if Movies #1-4 suck?
Old 06-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #3490

Apr 2009

Quote:
Twilight Lite is not even remotely good.

Also, you gave up on Arrow in the first 9 episodes? You do know most shows don't actually take off until their second seasons, right? Imagine what would have happened if everyone gave up on Breaking Bad 4 episodes in.

9 episodes is generous, in my opinion, for a new show. I generally give a new show 2-3 episodes if it's something that's a complete unknown. If the concept/subject of the show is at least interesting to me, in theory, I'll give it 4-5.
If a show can't entice me in the first 5 episodes, I don't watch anymore and put it out of my mind.

(the following has nothing really to do with the "Arrow" thread)

Heh...The very first episode of Breaking Bad that I EVER watched was the series finale.
I kept hearing how great the show was but never had time to get into "another" show.
Obviously I didn't understand the history of everything that happened in the finale, so 99% of the meaning was missing, but even then I could see how well crafted the show was. I went back and watched it from start to finish on netflix (or amazon, whichever had it at the time) and was amazed at how great the show was. Seeing the finale first didn't mess it up for me in the least.

However, subsequent attempts and watching the series a second time have been utter failures. For me, the show has absolutely zero rewatchability.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #3491
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
And I can't own a middle seaosn of a series unless I own the others.

It's the same with movies. Why would I want to buy Movie #5 if Movies #1-4 suck?
I dunno. Because Movie #5 might be good and worth watching anyway?

I wouldn't want to pass up the chance to own and watch The Wolverine and Logan just because X-Men Origins: Wolverine sucked.
Make America Groot Again.

"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old 06-10-2017, 05:07 AM   #3492
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
I dunno. Because Movie #5 might be good and worth watching anyway?

I wouldn't want to pass up the chance to own and watch The Wolverine and Logan just because X-Men Origins: Wolverine sucked.
Well that's kind of different as Origins has nothing to do with the other two movies.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #3493
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Alabama
Send a message via AIM to kevin87

Quote:
Well that's kind of different as Origins has nothing to do with the other two movies.
could say the same about Logan and The Wolverine since he has his metal claws back, so DOFP must've changed it so The Wolverine didn't happen.
I have a full Star Wars: The Force Awakens unused code, willing to trade for these movies... or maybe even just any movie I don't have.

Looking for Killjoys: Season One and Outlander S1V1 and V2 slipcovers.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #3494
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
could say the same about Logan and The Wolverine since he has his metal claws back, so DOFP must've changed it so The Wolverine didn't happen.
Well yeah, The Wolverine was wiped out when DoFP happened.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:20 AM   #3495
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009

What we do in life echoes in eternity
Obey the Topus

I think I'm gonna get some KFC and watch some Star Wars! - jbig31
Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man" - Hugo Reyes
Thanks given by:
Stray Cat 13 (06-21-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows