Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Seijun Suzuki's The Taisho Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£32.99
The Day of the Jackal (Blu-ray)
£14.99
UFO: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£43.56
Rise of the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh (Blu-ray)
£19.80
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
The Accountant (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Ironmaster (Blu-ray)
£9.99
The Age of Shadows (Blu-ray)
£11.99
Homeland: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
£10.00
Bridget Jones's Baby (Blu-ray)
£10.00
Resident Evil: Vendetta (Blu-ray)
£19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #61
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clarke View Post
Somers Town? Masterpiece? What was so special about it?

For every This Is England theres a Once Upon A Time In The Midlands. For every Dead Man's Shoes theres a Le Donk and Scor say zee. I like the man but consistent he is not.

I just think that Shane needs do away set pieces and just tell a story, you know? Yes, these themes need follow through, but it doesn't always have to end in violence or a big row, does it?
Well, I disagree. You are suggesting somehow TIE 90 could have wrapped up with a 'happy ever after' final shot. Meadows doesn't take the easy way out. the final scene offered hope and forgiveness. That in itself was a acceptable considering how dark the material got.

Look, I adore the series and you don't so we are wasting oyr time going backwards and forwards. I am not going to change my opinion. We have both given our reasons but this discussion has nowhere else to go lol.

Thanks for your replies, I'm just too much of a TIE fanboy to have a word said against it!
Old 04-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #62

Jun 2016

Very excited to have this come to blu ray. Has anybody else pre ordered?
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-05-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #63
Special Member

Jul 2015

Quote:
Not yet. Hoping it'll go down to 10.99 at HMV.com in the next few weeks and then I'll bite. They have Letter to Brezhnev for 12.99 which is a fair price for that and Rita..., but any more I won't bother.
Hipsters are narcissistic dilettantes. Hipsters are all show and no go. Hipsters bought the t-shirt. Hipsters will watch The Godfather (clips on youtube) then lecture The Pope on Catholicism. Hipsters can afford all the bells and whistles of counterculture but never invest themselves into it. Hipsters are dicks.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #64

Oct 2011
U.K

Down to 14.99 on Amazon.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #65
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Yep.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #66
Special Member

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf78 View Post
Down to 14.99 on Amazon.
Meaning of course it's finally price dropped to 14.99 (postpaid) on HMV.com:

http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray...ue-and-bob-too!

Hopefully it'll do a Letter To Brezhnev and drop to 12.99 (postpaid) in the week before release.
Hipsters are narcissistic dilettantes. Hipsters are all show and no go. Hipsters bought the t-shirt. Hipsters will watch The Godfather (clips on youtube) then lecture The Pope on Catholicism. Hipsters can afford all the bells and whistles of counterculture but never invest themselves into it. Hipsters are dicks.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #67

Jul 2016

It is an honor and a privilege to greet YOU my friend with the grand opening of Rita, Sue and Bob Too on Blu Ray by the BFI.

Since today is the release day I have set up my very own party for Mr Alan Clarke Esq The 1st. I have a full box of marshmallow tea cakes and a couple of multicolored party poppers. As a tribute, Barry my neighbor is going to tattoo the face of Mr Clarke The Great on my very own face. You would do it too if you were a real fan my friend!
Thanks given by:
BarnDoor (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #68

Apr 2015

Just got done watching the making-of documentary. I thought it were great!
Thanks given by:
Fnord Prefect (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 07:36 PM   #69
Special Member

Mar 2010
Surrey, UK

I haven't even seen the original. Is this sequel any good?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
15 Most wanted on blu-ray: Braindead; Hunter's Blood; Unman, Wittering & Zigo; Felidae; Self Defense (aka Siege); Death Weekend (aka The House by the Lake); Tombstone (Director's cut); Scream for Help; The Hitcher (1986); Dust Devil; Judgement Night; Dragons Forever; Sonatine; Panic Room; The Ghost and the Darkness
Thanks given by:
Dougling (05-23-2017), stepeanut (05-22-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #70

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Clarke View Post
It is an honor and a privilege to greet YOU my friend with the grand opening of Rita, Sue and Bob Too on Blu Ray by the BFI.

Since today is the release day I have set up my very own party for Mr Alan Clarke Esq The 1st. I have a full box of marshmallow tea cakes and a couple of multicolored party poppers. As a tribute, Barry my neighbor is going to tattoo the face of Mr Clarke The Great on my very own face. You would do it too if you were a real fan my friend!
Wow. Just...wow. I hope people don't believe that it was me who said this? This is borderline account hacking and I would like something done about it. Ridiculousness.

In other news, yes, I am happy that this has finally been released. I have it now and will watch it soon.
Thanks given by:
Fnord Prefect (05-23-2017)
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM   #71

Jun 2016

This film is a masterpiece I hadn't seen it up until recently but I loved every minute of it!!!!!!!!!

What do you all think of the transfer? Sublime, right?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland