Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Heat (Blu-ray)
$8.18
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Phantasm Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
John Wick: Chapter 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Hacksaw Ridge (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.96
The Red Turtle (Blu-ray)
$18.91
Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Shack (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side Of Dimensions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fifty Shades of Grey + Fifty Shades Darker 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$109.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM   #28841
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMLF View Post
Hadn't Bill mentioned something regarding a 'deluxe' and bare bones edition? I may be incorrect.

I've been going back rereading portions of the thread, and hasn't Bill said that it needs to sell big numbers? I take most everything he says with a great deal of skepticism, but if this is true, than pricing the title at ~$50 is already going to seriously limit the gene pool.
this model is working for Arrow, so maybe it's worth a shot for Bill (but regular Code Reds cost me about the same as a couple Arrow LEs)
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #28842
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Morgan View Post
I get it a little, but these business advice posts are ridiculous I shouldn't hae to point out over and over that anyone can write in a forum about what the best logical course of action to take is, we all know actually working in the field is another story altogether.
Clear cases and slipcovers were proposed by members of this forum, and from what I've seen here, they were both well received.
MOST WANTED MODERN:
Irréversible, Inside, Visitor Q, A Tale of Two Sisters, Cold Prey, Hidden, Hora, The Monitor, Next Door, Noroi: The Curse, Cure, Trouble Every Day
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #28843
Expert Member

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
this model is working for Arrow, so maybe it's worth a shot for Bill (but regular Code Reds cost me about the same as a couple Arrow LEs)
It's all fanciful speculation regarding price, but I'm not sure I follow regarding Bill following Arrow's model.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #28844
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
Clear cases and slipcovers were proposed by members of this forum, and from what I've seen here, they were both well received.
"Well-received by weirdos on this forum" and "positively impacted sales enough to justify the increase in production cost" are two different things, I'd be curious to know if they did. Probably too early to tell.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #28845
Expert Member

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
By members of the forum or the rest of the population? I don't see how you arrive there w/o knowing the actual units sold if you're trying to make a more broad statement.
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #28846
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2012
NY/NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
"Well-received by weirdos on this forum" and "positively impacted sales enough to justify the increase in production cost" are two different things, I'd be curious to know if they did. Probably too early to tell.
A different color case and a piece of cardboard isn't going to bring back Laserdisc-era pricing - everyone can relax.
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #28847
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
brooklyn

Quote:
i'm not weird, you're weird!
Thanks given by:
AKNewbie (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #28848

Jul 2016

Quote:
"Well-received by weirdos on this forum"
Hey! I represent that remark.
Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM   #28849
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMLF View Post
By members of the forum or the rest of the population? I don't see how you arrive there w/o knowing the actual units sold if you're trying to make a more broad statement.
By members on the forum. I recall many forum members stating they ordered as soon as they could to guarantee themselves a slipcover. And "well received" to me means that the general consensus was the new features were seen as positive additions, not necessarily more units sold, although you could assume that if you were so bold and inclined.
MOST WANTED MODERN:
Irréversible, Inside, Visitor Q, A Tale of Two Sisters, Cold Prey, Hidden, Hora, The Monitor, Next Door, Noroi: The Curse, Cure, Trouble Every Day
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #28850
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODE RED DVD View Post
EXTRA, EXTRA, EXTRA

so far EXTRA is costing more than licensing the movie.

Director want Tom Burman in the disc.

Last time I got Mr. Burman was in THE UNSEEN disc, and it took me many cancellation from his camp and in the end I finally got him. in the end, his interview was rarely mention on whoever bought the UNSEEN disc.

Now Mr. Burman lives in north California so it'll be tougher to get him this time.

Director wants co-writer on the disc. He doesn't live in California anymore.

black gal with toothbrush isn't responding. but many will say we NEVER tried

Robin Evans do not lives in California anymore.

Meg Tilly is in Canada and Adam West charges high fee.

if movie is more important than EXTRAs, it would've been out already and sell less than 1,000 like everything else.

then some overseas german outlet will bootleg it and rip it and people will buy that version.
Extras are always nice to have, but that's not a deal breaker for me. I'd buy if it only had a trailer.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #28851
Expert Member

May 2011
The Black Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
Am I the only person who really loves Tenebrae? It's probably my favorite by Argento.
Mine too.
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #28852

Jul 2012
San Francisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singed Minge View Post
"The Peanut Butter Solution (1985)" on your radar Bill?
Sales would be dreadful, but ummmmm ....I'd be happy
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Operat...lu-ray/175388/
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #28853
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
brooklyn

no one wait for Code Red, buy import and lose shirt
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #28854
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009

Quote:
EXTRA, EXTRA, EXTRA

so far EXTRA is costing more than licensing the movie.
If this post is correct, you already have three interviews, two commentaries, and a workprint in the can and ready to go for One Dark Night. That's a deluxe edition right there! Don't fret over the additional interviews, I think everyone would be more than happy with 'just' the above-listed extras. You'll never be able to please everybody, Bill.
Thanks given by:
AKNewbie (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #28855
Code Red Insider

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
If this post is correct, you already have three interviews, two commentaries, and a workprint in the can and ready to go for One Dark Night. That's a deluxe edition right there! Don't fret over the additional interviews, I think everyone would be more than happy with 'just' the above-listed extras. You'll never be able to please everybody, Bill.
Director wants everyone involved interview. move in the end became impossible. one message board will complaint (as they do with everything I say) but some of the cast do not want to be interviewed. my disappointment is the elusive Shandor is missing!

Director will try to film an interview with Tom Burman by first week of May. He will also try skype to get Michael Hawes. after May 15th all will be build and send to the pressing plant. they will press it!

As usual it will sell the tiny 1,200 Blu and rest will fill up my public storage, as people got other stuff they need to buy from other labels. LOL

At least this will be a CODE RED BLU-RAY RELEASE and don't have USA customers buying UK version.
Thanks given by:
AKNewbie (Yesterday), billy pilgrim (Yesterday), Davidian (Today), frakking toaster (Yesterday), Jobla (Yesterday), NoirFan (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #28856
Power Member

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Director wants everyone involved interview. move in the end became impossible. one message board will complaint (as they do with everything I say) but some of the cast do not want to be interviewed. my disappointment is the elusive Shandor is missing!

Director will try to film an interview with Tom Burman by first week of May. He will also try skype to get Michael Hawes. after May 15th all will be build and send to the pressing plant. they will press it!

As usual it will sell the tiny 1,200 Blu and rest will fill up my public storage, as people got other stuff they need to buy from other labels. LOL

At least this will be a CODE RED BLU-RAY RELEASE and don't have USA customers buying UK version.
I like that approximate time of sending it to pressing plant. Now can you give us an update like that for Opera and The Church please?
Thanks given by:
Jlouisbarrett (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #28857

Feb 2017
Hollywood

Quote:
I will be one of those elite 1200, woohoo!
Thanks given by:
Boggle (Today), frakking toaster (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #28858

Jul 2016

Yeahhhhhhhh! I'm really looking forward to One Dark Night and so are my friends. We will buy it. There will be much merriment and rejoice! Hurrah! Hurrah!
Old Today, 01:53 AM   #28859
Special Member

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
i addressed some macroblocking a few pages back, but there's no bleedthrough that i can speak of. it's a little soft looking in places, but that could be inherent to the source material. i posted a punch of screenshots on my tumblr, if you want to take a look.
Thanks, On 2019 I take it you were listening through speakers? I usually have to use headphones, so the bleedthrough may be much more noticeable..I'm really tempted to get the Code Red if the sound is better. I'm guessing (hoping) the blocking is fleeting and not too noticeable in motion? I watch these types of films late at night on a 42" with tequila generally, so I'm hoping it might not be too much of an issue.
From the caps, the colors look much more varied, subtle and natural on the Code Red (makes me wish CR could do Whip and the Body), though I was pretty happy with the 88.
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.Miss Teschmacher: Lex, what has chewing gum got to do with the secrets of the universe?Lex Luthor: [sighs] Right, Miss Teschmacher. Right.

Last edited by billyearle; Today at 02:02 AM.
Old Today, 02:04 AM   #28860
Code Red Insider

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyearle View Post
, though I was pretty happy with the 88.
then go to 88film section of this message board. wrong place.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors