Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.92
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Far from the Madding Crowd (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #661
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombivish View Post
Oh god i am imagining a month where all three of these came out at once and i go crazy and broke
No need to worry about that!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:16 AM   #662
nitin nitin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2010
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyris View Post
In terms of video encoding, they're actually the same hands
lyris, did you see my PM?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #663
fatboyslim142 fatboyslim142 is offline
Member
 
Jul 2012
Default

Will "Don't Open Till Christmas" get a BD upgrade?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (07-10-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 04:02 PM   #664
OceanBlue OceanBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default

Do Mondo Macabro still have the rights to the film The Killer Must Kill Again? If they do, am wondering if suitable elements exist for a Blu-ray release.
Holy grail Blu-ray slasher horror film/TV film announcements - Chopping Mall, The Clown at Midnight, Coda, Deadly Games, Edge of the Axe, Fatal Games, Fatal Pulse, Formula for a Murder, Ghosthouse, Hard to Die, Hide and Go Shriek, Hotline, Last Dance, Mirage, Next of Kin, Nightkill, Phobia, Prom Night II: Hello Mary Lou, Screamtime, The Seduction, Shallow Grave, Slaughter Night, Till Death Do Us Part, Too Scared to Scream, You Will Die at Midnight.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Caustic (07-25-2015), Undeadcow (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #665
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Do Mondo Macabro still have the rights to the film The Killer Must Kill Again? If they do, am wondering if suitable elements exist for a Blu-ray release.
We do not, sorry.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (07-25-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #666
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
Will "Don't Open Till Christmas" get a BD upgrade?
Not in the pipeline at the moment, but who knows what the future may bring?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (07-25-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 10:21 PM   #667
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Some special deals over at the MM webstore:

We have our new DVD releases of TANGO OF PERVERSION and THE WIFE KILLER for sale, $20 each. At present this is the only place to buy them! TANGO is out next week and KILLER in August! Devotees of Euro-trash cinema will not want to miss these, even only in SD. TANGO will blow your mind, I guarantee!

We'll also have a clutch of the remaining stock of Onar Films' DVDs. 10 different titles available, but all in very small amounts. Some very, very small! If there are any holes you need to fill in your collection or just fancy blind-buying some Turkish genre film weirdness, we got you covered!

And finally, for something for the blu freaks - a special bundle deal for both THE SLAVE and THE DEVIL'S BUSINESS combo packs for only $30! Not a bad deal if you've missed out so far.

Thanks guys! More news soon on future MM blus!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (07-25-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 05:18 AM   #668
bmoviecult bmoviecult is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2015
Default

The Onar films were gone in less than a half hour. I'm not familiar with them (or Turkish films in general), but some of them looked interesting.

Can't wait to watch Tango of Perversion and The Wife Killer!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (07-25-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #669
Torrente Torrente is offline
Power Member
 
Torrente's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
328
6
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoviecult View Post
The Onar films were gone in less than a half hour. I'm not familiar with them (or Turkish films in general), but some of them looked interesting.
It sucks.
I had 3 in my cart and was watching trailers before I hit the Paypal button and then it was too late

I never heard of this guy and those DVDs before, so I did some research and I ended up spending the whole night reading itw, watching trailers, everything I could about this great guy and what he tried to achieve. Sometimes I'm saying to myself that we don't deserve all the sweat and efforts those guys are putting in this business. I'm shocked he had such a hard time selling 500 units. It's a shame.
I mean, those movies are a piece of cinema that is gone forever. Everyone interested in cinema, in general, should buy those DVD (at least one).

Well, I don't thank Mondo Macabro, at least, my bank account doesn't thank them, because now I'll have to hunt down those DVD

( )
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #670
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
It sucks.
I had 3 in my cart and was watching trailers before I hit the Paypal button and then it was too late

I never heard of this guy and those DVDs before, so I did some research and I ended up spending the whole night reading itw, watching trailers, everything I could about this great guy and what he tried to achieve. Sometimes I'm saying to myself that we don't deserve all the sweat and efforts those guys are putting in this business. I'm shocked he had such a hard time selling 500 units. It's a shame.
I mean, those movies are a piece of cinema that is gone forever. Everyone interested in cinema, in general, should buy those DVD (at least one).

Well, I don't thank Mondo Macabro, at least, my bank account doesn't thank them, because now I'll have to hunt down those DVD

( )
Bill B. the man behind Onar was a true fan, through and through. What he did he did for love. And in a way, ultimately, it killed him. It's very sad, but I'm glad his legacy lives on through these DVDs. He would have had a good laugh at how quickly his discs have been selling lately.

I am looking into buying whatever remains of the Onar stock. That is, if Diabolik doesn't get to all of it first!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Mr. Thomsen (07-25-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 11:52 PM   #671
Torrente Torrente is offline
Power Member
 
Torrente's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
328
6
48
Default

A lot of great people had success after they died and not while they were alive.

Send me a PM if you manage to get a new & sealed copy of Cellat, Turkish Horror Double Bill and 3 Dev Adam
Living in France with the time lag, it's very difficult to be in front of the computer at the same time as most of the US citizens
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #672
Torrente Torrente is offline
Power Member
 
Torrente's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
328
6
48
Default

Just a quick question : Were the copies of the Onar Films DVD you sold in your store, brand new & sealed?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:02 PM   #673
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
Just a quick question : Were the copies of the Onar Films DVD you sold in your store, brand new & sealed?
Not sealed, no. I don't believe Onar discs were ever sealed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:06 AM   #674
nitin nitin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2010
7
Default

so The Slave looks incredible all things considered (italian master etc)! Did Lyris really do the colour grading all by himself? Cannot imagine what a task that must have been.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:27 AM   #675
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
16
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
so The Slave looks incredible all things considered (italian master etc)! Did Lyris really do the colour grading all by himself? Cannot imagine what a task that must have been.
It is a great release. Let's get the The Libertine on Blu-ray as well.

Why not run a Kickstarter for a nice 2K restoration?



Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #676
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Why not run a Kickstarter for a nice 2K restoration?

Pro-B

Not for that film, be we very well may be doing a crowdfunding campaign to restore a lost classic of 70s European Arthouse Erotica. More details soon!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
SpiderBaby (07-27-2015), Undeadcow (07-27-2015), UseY0ur1llusi0n (07-27-2015), zombivish (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 12:02 AM   #677
bgart13 bgart13 is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2010
36
1
2
Default

Any chance for PANIC BEATS to get the ol' bd upgrade?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 12:42 AM   #678
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Any chance for PANIC BEATS to get the ol' bd upgrade?
I'm pretty sure there isn't, at least from us. I don't think we have the rights to that one anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:04 AM   #679
bmoviecult bmoviecult is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2015
Default

Just finished Tango of Perversion. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait to watch The Wife Killer!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:48 AM   #680
bgart13 bgart13 is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2010
36
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
I'm pretty sure there isn't, at least from us. I don't think we have the rights to that one anymore.
That's a shame. Doubtful it'll be released in the U.S. now. Oh well. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51 AM.