Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
Zero Dark Thirty 4K (Blu-ray)
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
Being There (Blu-ray)
Murder on the Orient Express (Blu-ray)
The Patriot 4K (Blu-ray)
I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
Coco (Blu-ray)
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
Jan 2013
United States
Default Looking for advice on speaker choice.

I got a really great deal on a Marantz 7011 receiver, as the first step to upgrading from my Onkyo HTIB setup which has served me well for a while now, and want to get some awesome speakers to match.

I have my eye on the Klipsch premiere range and like the look of the upward firing Atmos speakers (RP-280FA and the RP-140SA's) but afraid these will be waaay too much for my tiny little room.

My current room is 11' x 12' and I'll be shining my Epson 1040 projector onto a screen somewhere between 92" and 100" which I'll decide once I have the projector mounted and focused. I like the offerings from Elite screens, but have not seriously shopped around for one yet. The Epson was a fraction of the cost of a 4K projector and all of my media is 1080p so I couldn't justify the extra expense just yet and my main passion is the sound so wanted to focus more of my spending in that direction.

I have attached a crude diagram of the room to give you an idea of where I am unable to place speakers and measurements and one idea I had with Klipsch placement. I welcome all ideas though as I want to achieve the best sound for my budget of around $5-6k.

In the next few years I will be moving to a much larger space with a living room at least twice the size, so I am half wanting to make sure I have the hardware to fill that room while not sacrificing sound quality in my current space. Maybe the RP-260F's would be better and I get dedicated ceiling speakers for Atmos?

I am open to other brands of course, Klipsch are just eye candy to me, although I doubt I will have the speaker covers removed for regular use.

Thanks very much for any help provided and if you need more info, let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plan.jpg (62.2 KB, 17 views)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers