Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #81
Power Member

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Love Chastian, but really disliked this film. Hardy must have been a robot or something. I just couldn't buy all that happened to him.

Oh, and I think the dvd/blu cut IS censored. I read somewhere that when it showed in theaters, you could actually see ALL the front of Ms. Chastain. On dvd or Blu, it was just a topless shot. I never saw it until a month ago at home, so I can't confirm this...I think I read it on imdb somewhere. Maybe that is what the poster meant about the Uncut version???
Old 02-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #82
Banned

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
great movie ,and great acting , I think you gotta appreciate the time period in order to really get into the movie to the point of sitting at the edge of your seat . I thought
[Show spoiler]the shoot out at the end of film to be a little weak unless they were making it as simplistic /realistic as possible
i LOVED that shootout. When Shia first gets out of the car and screams Guy Pearces name like he was gonna kill him. That was crazy
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #83

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscureguy View Post
To any and all real movie fans out there, disregard this "review". This movie couldn't have been more entertaining...great acting, dialogue, and action, although maybe not enough to keep the average A.D.D. afflicted teenager entertained. It is probably the most mainstream of John Hillcoat's films thus far, however the performances in the movie make it a treat to watch. I'll admit to not being the most diehard Shia LeBeouf fan but he really steps up his game in this film.

If you have the attention span of a 3 year old and find yourself "skipping 5 minutes at a time" I recommend going back to Transformers for your "bloody action scenes". This is a film with no filler and is well acted from beginning to end. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised.
This movie was complete GARBAGE. One of the WORST I have seen in a very, very long time. I am downright SHOCKED by some of the positive reviews. No this was not good acting or even sub-par acting, this was downright poor acting and poor direction throughout. I could not finish the movie and slipped it back in the Netflix envelope after one hour and fifteen minutes. Incredibly OVERRATED...no doubt about it.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #84
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012

It was all right, a mythologised take on a true story, kind of like the countless Jesse James flicks through the years. Probably like Public Enemies would've benefited from being shot on actual film instead of digital capture.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #85

Jun 2011

Apparently there are differences between the Canadian and US releases.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/news_en.php?ID=5008
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #86
Special Member

Oct 2010
Netherlands

German, UK, CA and probably more countries are all uncut. US is cut.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=531849
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #87
Power Member

May 2009
Wild Wild West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter V View Post
German, UK, CA and probably more countries are all uncut. US is cut.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=531849
Interesting. I got the UK Steelbook (region B "locked") and was surprised by the
[Show spoiler]pig getting shot
, UK censors are usually more sensitive about animal cruelty (perceived or otherwise) than they are about violence or sex. And yeah,
[Show spoiler]Forrest getting his throat slit
was pretty explicit.
When you boil it all down, what does a man really need? Just a smoke and a cup of coffee. - Johnny Guitar
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #88
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilmac99 View Post
This movie was complete GARBAGE. One of the WORST I have seen in a very, very long time. I am downright SHOCKED by some of the positive reviews. No this was not good acting or even sub-par acting, this was downright poor acting and poor direction throughout. I could not finish the movie and slipped it back in the Netflix envelope after one hour and fifteen minutes. Incredibly OVERRATED...no doubt about it.
I clicked on your reviews and noticed you rated Lawless a 1/2 out of 5 on EVERYTHING...including PQ and AQ, which is absurd to the point of being comical.

Its one thing to feel as though you wasted your time with a movie and something completely different to throw a temper trantrum about it.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #89

Dec 2010

Rented this and absolutely enjoyed this film. Very solid acting and a good story. Tom Hardy was awesome, loved his mumbling. I'll be adding this to the library.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:47 AM   #90
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2009

I really hate these disc binder things (3 disc caeses). the last several blus that have theses, have broken when i open the case. so annoying.

Last edited by Chaotic; 03-29-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #91
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
I really hate these disc binder things (3 disc caeses). the last several blus that have theses, have broken when i open the case. so annoying.
[Show spoiler]
I'd rather have these than those blasted stacking hubs that Disney has been using.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #92
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
North of Sixty

I just watched this tonight and liked it. The story, acting, direction and soundtrack were very good!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #93
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
I just watched this tonight and liked it. The story, acting, direction and soundtrack were very good!
I also thought it was terrific. I've had a previously viewed copy on my shelf for months -- now I could kick myself for not watching it sooner.

Glad to be Canadian too -- shame the U.S. version has been censored.

But, with respect to the Canadian Alliance version, did anyone else notice some rather annoying DNR? Or is this just a byproduct of having been shot with a particular kind of digital camera? Surfaces (especially faces) seemed to lack detail much of the time.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #94

May 2010
-

This film has beautiful cinematography, and the location of where the brothers lived had a very "cozy" feel to it.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #95
Power Member

Mar 2011

i saw this and just loved it very underrated film.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #96

Apr 2011
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviecriticsonline View Post
This film has beautiful cinematography, and the location of where the brothers lived had a very "cozy" feel to it.
I agree. The scenery was top notch.
Mark it 8, Dude.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #97

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviecriticsonline View Post
+100 to this one!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk Pro
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America