Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.35
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Home (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Oculus (Blu-ray)
$7.99
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
Earthflight: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #1881
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
Show us any stats that say packaging preferences hurt blu-ray sales in a significant way. The numbers are pretty clear that streaming is hurting physical media sales.

Precisely! I own several different copies of the same movie soley for the collectible packaging. Pretty sure the packaging enthusiasts like ourselves more than make up for any hold-outs hoping for slipcovers on everything.
Also the simple fact that some people refuse to admit blu-ray exists outside Region-A.
Thanks given by:
redphoenix (06-26-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #1882

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring7920 View Post
It was a special that was set in the days immediately following Christmas. The whole point of the short is that the little boy got a brand new video game system for Christmas and now he is forgetting about his other toys.
Oh wow, how did I forget about that.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:46 AM   #1883

Mar 2013

Is there any hope that the remaining five Disney Animated Classics will be on Blu-Ray?
Old 06-27-2015, 04:56 AM   #1884
Special Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardback247 View Post
Is there any hope that the remaining five Disney Animated Classics will be on Blu-Ray?
Absolutely, Disney Wiki said they'll all be out this year. I hardly even notice they're not out yet, as I can't count the number of times I've watched my Goofy Movie Blu-ray since its release last June.

But seriously, I believe they will all be released (EDIT: eventually, not necessarily this year, looks like probably not this year), just not on any kind of predictable time table. And most if not all of them will be subpar Blu-rays for one reason or another.

Last edited by kidglov3s; 06-27-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:33 AM   #1885

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
Absolutely, Disney Wiki said they'll all be out this year. I hardly even notice they're not out yet, as I can't count the number of times I've watched my Goofy Movie Blu-ray since its release last June.

But seriously, I believe they will all be released, just not on any kind of predictable time table. And most if not all of them will be subpar Blu-rays for one reason or another.
Oh come on!!! When will people stop quoting Disney Wiki as being a reliable source.

Sure, it's okay to bring up in speculative terms, but "Absolutely! Disney Wiki said so!" doesn't mean anything. Remember, this is a wiki that ANYONE can edit and is in no way official or linked to any official Disney source.

Yes, the wiki has been 'speculating' releases for the past few months. But it's nothing more than that. The listings keep getting removed. And when they re-appear the dates keep getting chopped and changed. They were even speculated as DMC Exclusives at one point.
The Wiki has ALWAYS pulled stuff like this. Most of the time they're way off the mark. I remember them speculating the release of these five titles plus Goofy Movies for LAST year!!

Scroll through the pages here and you'll see months of speculation.

I think our chances of getting these remaining films on blu is about 30-50%.

The chances of getting them THIS year? About 10%

They've left it a little too late for an announcement regarding an August release so if we get ANY of them, don't count on it until the last quarter of the year.
Thanks given by:
Ernest Rister (06-29-2015), TheGeneral (06-27-2015), Zak2000 (06-30-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #1886
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post
Oh come on!!! When will people stop quoting Disney Wiki as being a reliable source.

Sure, it's okay to bring up in speculative terms, but "Absolutely! Disney Wiki said so!" doesn't mean anything. Remember, this is a wiki that ANYONE can edit and is in no way official or linked to any official Disney source.

Yes, the wiki has been 'speculating' releases for the past few months. But it's nothing more than that. The listings keep getting removed. And when they re-appear the dates keep getting chopped and changed. They were even speculated as DMC Exclusives at one point.
The Wiki has ALWAYS pulled stuff like this. Most of the time they're way off the mark. I remember them speculating the release of these five titles plus Goofy Movies for LAST year!!
THIS ^^^^^^^^

In regards to them being floated as DMC exclusives, that definitely isn't the case nor ever was it in the realm of possibilities of happening as DMC exclusives
so I whenever someone says that on here and points to Disney Wiki as the source, because the notion of that happening like that is being pulled out of thin air. Equates to an academia article or paper referencing opinion-based comments on a forum like this as pure facts

I've asked someone directly at DMC about that and they said there's already an outline of what titles they definitely will release, and possibilities to fill in some slots, and none of those 5 appear on either list
Wants:
KLONDIKE
Masters of Sex S2 // GETTING ON S2

True Detective S1
-Fifth Estate
- Unfinished Business
Old 06-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #1887
Special Member

Oct 2008
Oregon

Quote:
I can't count the number of times I've watched my Goofy Movie Blu-ray since its release last June.
I would guess zero, since it's never been released on Blu-ray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
THIS ^^^^^^^^

In regards to them being floated as DMC exclusives, that definitely isn't the case nor ever was it in the realm of possibilities of happening as DMC exclusives
It wouldn't be the first time one of the Disney Animated Classics was released as a DMC exclusive.
Looking to trade my empty Big Hero 6 steel for your empty Fifty Shades of Grey steel

My Trade/Sell Thread (Blu-ray, Slipcovers & DVD)
Old 06-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #1888
Special Member

Aug 2013

I thought it was clear the Disney Wiki part was a joke, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelPrince1986 View Post
I would guess zero, since it's never been released on Blu-ray.
That's why I can't count 'em!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #1889

Apr 2010
NoVA
-
-

Quote:
I thought it was clear the Disney Wiki part was a joke, lol.
It was pretty obvious to me, that the Disney Wiki part of your post was not to be taken seriously.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:33 PM   #1890

Jun 2009
Malta, Europe

My guess is the package films will eventually become available as HD Digital releases, solely in the USA. Which screws any non-US residents who wish to own the films in some form.

Oh, and lol @ kidglov3s's comment. Good joke. :-)

Last edited by DecibelGuy; 06-27-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #1891
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Possible good news for A Goofy Movie Blu-ray release!

Quote:
DisneyMoviesAnywhere ‏@DisneyAnywhere
#D23Expo Update: @DisneyD23 will host A Goofy Movie 20th Anniversary Reunion!
Quote:
A Goofy Movie 20th Anniversary Reunion!
Friday, August 14, 6 p.m., Stage 28

Fans of A Goofy Movie won’t want to miss this special commemoration of the beloved Disney animated feature, which turns 20 in 2015. Film producer Don Hahn hosts a panel of A Goofy Movie talent––including Disney Legend Bill Farmer (Goofy), Jason Marsden (Max), Jim Cummings (Pete), Rob Paulsen (P.J.), and writer Jymn Magon––who will share behind-the-scenes stories and surprising anecdotes from the fan-favorite musical.
Last year, D23 did an event showing of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy: The Three Musketeers, which received a Blu-ray release shortly after. I think it's fair to hope that A Goofy Movie will be getting a Blu-ray treatment this year if D23 will be recognizing the movie in such a way.

A 20th anniversary Blu-ray might not be far behind!
Thanks given by:
cowy15 (06-30-2015), DJMcNiff (07-01-2015), FilmEntertainment (07-01-2015), PVictor (07-01-2015), stevemcqueen83 (06-30-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #1892
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Bottle City of Kandor
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

I would love a Goofy movie two-pack to come out, an Extremely Goofy Movie was a lot better than I expected it to be.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Thanks given by:
cowy15 (06-30-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status