Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #1881
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fallen Deity View Post
I just thought that the Judge Dredd he did was terrible. *runs and hides*

He's still an awesome dude and he's a guy who definitely knows his stuff, he's far from stupid.
Runs and hides?! You dont need to run and hide trust me - youre right. Im not running and hiding!

Dredd is great and we couldnt have asked for more given its budget. I watched it at least 7 or 8 times last year (havent watched it this year yet - need to rectify that!)

Judge Dredd is a misjudged waste of time. The sets look great but any fan would know that the carelessness in which theyve dumped lots of characters together in the same storyline (which had nothing to do with each other) is just stupid. And the comedy sidekick idea

I like Stallone a lot but Im not a huge fan. If you want to see Stallone in a future sci-fi film I would suggest watching Demolition Man rather than Judge Dredd!
Panasonic TX-P50GT60
Panasonic DMR-EX79
Sony BDP-E870
Old 03-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #1882
Power Member

Jan 2013
UK, south

I liked Dredd, I really did. It was a breath of fresh air, but i'm starting to think that people are overrating it slightly.

The Sly version isn't very good, but there are a few positives like the production design and an in your face performance from Assante. I'm not saying i'm going to go out of my way to watch it again or that it's anywhere near as good as the recent film, but I wouldn't call it an abomination. Then again, I never read the comics like a lot of the other members on here did so I was less affected by the unfaithfulness.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #1883

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

I have a fan edit of the movie that cuts down most of the Rob Schneider crap, as well as some other questionable stuff. Makes the movie a lot more watchable. The total runtime is like 80 minutes without credits, but I always say quality over quantity. In fact, there was one joke they cut that I wish stayed in. When Sly knocks out a soldier and begins to undress him to disguise himself and Schneider says "We don't have time for this" and Sly just stops dead in his tracks and gives him a look of disgust. I'm laughing just typing this out lol.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #1884
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
I have a fan edit of the movie that cuts down most of the Rob Schneider crap, as well as some other questionable stuff. Makes the movie a lot more watchable. The total runtime is like 80 minutes without credits, but I always say quality over quantity. In fact, there was one joke they cut that I wish stayed in. When Sly knocks out a soldier and begins to undress him to disguise himself and Schneider says "We don't have time for this" and Sly just stops dead in his tracks and gives him a look of disgust. I'm laughing just typing this out lol.
This pretty sums up why Judge Dredd isnt good for me!
Panasonic TX-P50GT60
Panasonic DMR-EX79
Sony BDP-E870
Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #1885

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
This pretty sums up why Judge Dredd isnt good for me!
Uh-oh. You're in trouble now. I told Sly what you said.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #1886
Power Member

Jul 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Runs and hides?! You dont need to run and hide trust me - youre right. Im not running and hiding!

Dredd is great and we couldnt have asked for more given its budget. I watched it at least 7 or 8 times last year (havent watched it this year yet - need to rectify that!)

Judge Dredd is a misjudged waste of time. The sets look great but any fan would know that the carelessness in which theyve dumped lots of characters together in the same storyline (which had nothing to do with each other) is just stupid. And the comedy sidekick idea

I like Stallone a lot but Im not a huge fan. If you want to see Stallone in a future sci-fi film I would suggest watching Demolition Man rather than Judge Dredd!
Demolition Man is an awesome film.

That seashell.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #1887

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

My favorite line, hands down

Old 04-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #1888
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

One of the strangest movies I've ever seen - and really colorful (blood shouldn't be so much fun ). Not my favorite Karl Urban movie because he was so-o frickin' monotone, but ... in the end ... I want more.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #1889
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
One of the strangest movies I've ever seen - and really colorful (blood shouldn't be so much fun ). Not my favorite Karl Urban movie because he was so-o frickin' monotone, but ... in the end ... I want more.
Admirable
Panasonic TX-P50GT60
Panasonic DMR-EX79
Sony BDP-E870
Old 04-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #1890
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
You're a pass.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America