Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default Hit & Run (January 8, 2013)

Hit & Run Blu-ray
Hit & Run Blu-ray Review

Quote:
Universal Studios Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed its upcoming Blu-ray release of David Palmer and Dax Shepard's action comedy Hit and Run (2012), starring Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell, Tom Arnold, and Bradley Cooper. The release will be available for purchase online and in stores across the country on January 8th.

A nice guy with a questionable past, Charlie Bronson (Shepard), risks everything when he busts out of a witness protection program to drive his girlfriend (Bell) to Los Angeles for the job opportunity of a lifetime. Their road trip grows awkwardly complicated, however, when they're chased by an inept federal agent (Arnold) and Charlie's ex-pal (Cooper), a vengeance-crazed criminal he helped put behind bars. Also starring Beau Bridges (The Descendants), Joy Bryant (Parenthood), David Koechner (Paul) and Jason Bateman (The Change-Up).

Special Features:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Street Legal: Behind the scenes look with writer/co-director/star Dax Shepard and star Kristen Bell
  • Run and Gun: An in depth explanation of the plot of Hit and Run with Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell
  • Love on the Run: Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell discuss the romantic aspects of Hit and Run.
Last Watched: Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Episodes 3 & 4)
Last Bought: Snowpiercer
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12

Last edited by KilloWertz; 01-09-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Review posted
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #2

Jul 2012

I saw this on the shelf at a local store. I made the mistake of watching this POS at the theater. Typical of the film's sense of "humor": there is a spectacularly misconceived scene in which Bradley Cooper's character forces a muscular African-American man to eat dog food off of the pavement that had me simultaneously cringing and shaking my head in disbelief. We also get a hugely unfunny supporting turn by Tom Arnold; full-frontal nudity of aging, out-of-shape swingers (including a shot of a guy's testicles; I guess that's supposed to be hilarious); and editing so frenetic that it makes some of Michael Bay's action scenes look coherent by comparison.

Needless to say, I won't be picking up the Blu-Ray.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #3

May 2011
Queens, New York
Smile

I picked up a copy today but i must say I find it a bit odd that one of the top movie stars currently working isn't advertised at all on the cover. I'd assume Universal would only benefit from Bradley Cooper's current "Star" to sway some extra sales their way. I mean not that Tom Arnold isn't gonna bring in a boat load of change anywhoo....:/
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by shacmasta View Post
I picked up a copy today but i must say I find it a bit odd that one of the top movie stars currently working isn't advertised at all on the cover. I'd assume Universal would only benefit from Bradley Cooper's current "Star" to sway some extra sales their way. I mean not that Tom Arnold isn't gonna bring in a boat load of change anywhoo....:/
I find that odd too. Especially when I have a blu ray copy of Heavyweights that now has Ben Stiller photoshopped onto the original artwork.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndume View Post
I saw this on the shelf at a local store. I made the mistake of watching this POS at the theater. Typical of the film's sense of "humor": there is a spectacularly misconceived scene in which Bradley Cooper's character forces a muscular African-American man to eat dog food off of the pavement that had me simultaneously cringing and shaking my head in disbelief. We also get a hugely unfunny supporting turn by Tom Arnold; full-frontal nudity of aging, out-of-shape swingers (including a shot of a guy's testicles; I guess that's supposed to be hilarious); and editing so frenetic that it makes some of Michael Bay's action scenes look coherent by comparison.

Needless to say, I won't be picking up the Blu-Ray.
Yeah, it's pretty safe to say that if Dax Shepard didn't have so many famous friends, this would be Direct to Video. Still amazed that it got a theatrical release.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shacmasta View Post
I wondered that when I looked for the cover to put in my OP when I made this thread. Doesn't make sense since he was used heavily in promotion for the theatrical release.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Review posted

Not positive in the least, but I still want to see this, so I'll be renting it.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Hit & Run Blu-ray Review posted

Not positive in the least, but I still want to see this, so I'll be renting it.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

I liked this one. Knowing all the backstory going in about how cooper and him are best friends, how all the vehicles in the movie are Shepards and he did all the driving, all the cameos are friends, it just felt like a group of buddies having a good time and that translated to the screen. Great movie? Nope. Pleasant time killer with fun cars? Sure. And sometimes that's what I'm in the mood for.
"I'll be in my bunk."
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I liked this one. Knowing all the backstory going in about how cooper and him are best friends, how all the vehicles in the movie are Shepards and he did all the driving, all the cameos are friends, it just felt like a group of buddies having a good time and that translated to the screen. Great movie? Nope. Pleasant time killer with fun cars? Sure. And sometimes that's what I'm in the mood for.
That's how I expect to feel about it after I finally watch it.

One question. I'm guessing Bradley Cooper isn't in it anywhere near as much as the trailer made it out to be since he's not even listed on the cover?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
That's how I expect to feel about it after I finally watch it.

One question. I'm guessing Bradley Cooper isn't in it anywhere near as much as the trailer made it out to be since he's not even listed on the cover?
Give it a spin, I thought it was a good time.

Actually, Cooper is in the movie a lot. He doesn't show up for the first 30 or so, then he's got just as much screen time as anyone short of Dax and Bell. It's a big supporting character. Not sure why he's not on the cover. It's clear he did the part for free and the chance to play a dreadlocked white gangster for fun with his friends.
"I'll be in my bunk."
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #12

Sep 2012

The trailers looked good, picked it up today and haven't watched it yet. I figure this is one of the times that the reviewer and I have different tastes in movies.

Hoping its as good as the trailers.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #13

Jun 2012
Nashville, TN

I enjoyed it. But its not high art.
10 Favorite Films: 1. The 400 Blows. 2. The Godfather 3.Back To The Future . 4. High Fidelity 5. Shawhank Redemption 6. Goodfellas 7.The Grand Illusion 8. Anatomy of a Murder 9. Major League 10. Forrest Gump.
200th BD: "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (US).250thBD: Flashbacks Of A Fool." 300th BD: "Any Day Now." 350th:BD: "Looper" 400th BD: "Paranoia" 450th BD: "Mallrats".
New classic: Hot Tub Time Machine
"Roads? Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads!"
Old 02-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #14

Aug 2010
The D - 313

I thought, as did the girlfriend, that it was a damn fun movie to watch. Real happy with the purchase.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #15

Jun 2012
Nashville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
I thought, as did the girlfriend, that it was a damn fun movie to watch. Real happy with the purchase.
Absolutely. My roommate loves her some Bradley Cooper.
10 Favorite Films: 1. The 400 Blows. 2. The Godfather 3.Back To The Future . 4. High Fidelity 5. Shawhank Redemption 6. Goodfellas 7.The Grand Illusion 8. Anatomy of a Murder 9. Major League 10. Forrest Gump.
200th BD: "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (US).250thBD: Flashbacks Of A Fool." 300th BD: "Any Day Now." 350th:BD: "Looper" 400th BD: "Paranoia" 450th BD: "Mallrats".
New classic: Hot Tub Time Machine
"Roads? Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads!"
Old 08-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #16
Banned

Aug 2011

Just finished this on Netflix. It's not a terribly made film or anything or it doesn't look cheap.. it's just uninteresting. The film is 90% talking and 10% driving. The $2M budget makes sense.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America