Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old Today, 02:32 AM   #3501
Expert Member

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
If Just Before Dawn is still around I think this one will be too for now, especially with the erratic sales plan. Besides, I'm sure Bill would have found a way to mention it by now if so.

I think 1200 or whatever is quite a lot when you're only selling to one portion of a worldwide niche market.
SS was 1000 copies. JBD was 2000-3000
Release wishlist: Brain Damage Sisters Deadfall (1993) Vampire's Kiss The Hidden Don't Look Now Man Bites Dog The Brood The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover Something Wicked This Way Comes Don't Torture a Duckling Black Belly of the Tarantula McCabe & Mrs. Miller
Old Today, 02:32 AM   #3502
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFelon View Post
How many poor selling Code Red titles are still available is a better question? There is no rhyme or reason to the supposed "poor selling" titles disappearing even though Bill has stated that he has to have 500-1,000 copies pressed at a time. If he has sold out for once, then I'm happy for the guy. He deserves a positive break for a change.
crazy, i just assumed they were sold out because of the crazy ebay prices, im not really familiar with code red but from reading this thread i guess things are pretty sporatic and all over the place lol, well i guess all i can do is hope it turns up on Diabolik, at the very least i hope they get some Neon Maniacs stock soon.
I pledge by the sign of the three toed sloth, To do my best to do my duty, To always obey the laws of the werewolf pack, And to never rest, until Brucie lives once more, And takes his rightful place in the annals of distinguished monsters, And I can once again return to that most goriest of homelands...Gory, Gory Transylvania!
Old Today, 03:09 AM   #3503
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Using collections on here as a rough indicator, here's how many he sells

Voices From Beyond - 139
Nail Gun Massacre - 157
Just Before Dawn - 237
Savage Streets - 196
The Redeemer - 139
Nightmare - 149
Neon Maniacs - 172
Mary Mary Blood Mary - 122

Lady Stay Dead - 16
Revenge of the Cheerleaders - 19
Brotherhood of Death - 17
Messiah Of Evil - 30
Torture Dungeon - 3
Bloodthirsty Butchers - 4
The Man With Two Heads - 1

The Milligans don't appear to be doing too well! Come on Bill, open up international and I'll bump all the preorders up by 1
Old Today, 03:45 AM   #3504
Power Member

Nov 2008
Western Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post

Voices From Beyond - 139
Nail Gun Massacre - 157
Just Before Dawn - 237
Savage Streets - 196
The Redeemer - 139
Nightmare - 149
Neon Maniacs - 172

Lady Stay Dead - 16
Messiah Of Evil - 30
Torture Dungeon - 3

The Milligans don't appear to be doing too well! Come on Bill, open up international and I'll bump all the preorders up by 1
I typically don't add anything into my collection, even if it's been (pre-)ordered, until it's physically in my collection. If you're wanting to take those into account, you can add one to Messiah of Evil...
#1 WEE MAN FAN
http://mtrodaba2468.dvdaf.com
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
1400 Blu-Rays as of 9/7/14: Boardwalk Empire: Season 4
Old Today, 03:58 AM   #3505
Expert Member

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
Yeah that is why I decided to pull the trigger on them. In case he does something Bill-like, such as threatening to destroy stock again
Release wishlist: Brain Damage Sisters Deadfall (1993) Vampire's Kiss The Hidden Don't Look Now Man Bites Dog The Brood The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover Something Wicked This Way Comes Don't Torture a Duckling Black Belly of the Tarantula McCabe & Mrs. Miller
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (Today)
Old Today, 04:48 AM   #3506
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
I typically don't add anything into my collection, even if it's been (pre-)ordered, until it's physically in my collection. If you're wanting to take those into account, you can add one to Messiah of Evil...
I'm currently doing one for Arrow (long effort), and Sold out limited to 1000 titles only have 100-150 in their collections, leading me to think blu-ray.com only represents about 10-15% of sales.

I would do the calculations here, but its a lot of effort. Maybe later
Old Today, 04:56 AM   #3507
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Doing the calculations observed from the Arrow thread, nearly every release here would be sold out, or nearly sold out.

From that, I conclude that those observations can not be applied here.
Old Today, 05:34 AM   #3508
Expert Member

Jan 2012
Montana

It's not a terrible observation. Most Twilight Time titles seem to sell out at 300-400. And the Demons steelbooks should be close, and are in that neighborhood.

CR may just have a larger than average representation on this site
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #3509
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthefrank View Post
It's not a terrible observation. Most Twilight Time titles seem to sell out at 300-400. And the Demons steelbooks should be close, and are in that neighborhood.

CR may just have a larger than average representation on this site
Then are we to believe that nearly all the Code Red blu rays are sold out or near sold out?
Old Today, 05:45 AM   #3510
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Canada

[Show spoiler]
Quote:

Voices From Beyond - 139
Nail Gun Massacre - 157
Just Before Dawn - 237
Savage Streets - 196
The Redeemer - 139
Nightmare - 149
Neon Maniacs - 172

Lady Stay Dead - 16
Messiah Of Evil - 30
Torture Dungeon - 3

I second international shipping!
I pledge by the sign of the three toed sloth, To do my best to do my duty, To always obey the laws of the werewolf pack, And to never rest, until Brucie lives once more, And takes his rightful place in the annals of distinguished monsters, And I can once again return to that most goriest of homelands...Gory, Gory Transylvania!
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #3511
Expert Member

Jan 2012
Montana

No, I think it's the representation. The more niche the label, the larger the % of total sales coming from this site. That's my theory anyways.

I bet Savage Streets is close, or gone, and Neon Maniacs and Nightmare aren't far behind. Bill *****es a lot, but something has to be paying for his continued output.
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (Today)
Old Today, 05:52 AM   #3512
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthefrank View Post
No, I think it's the representation. The more niche the label, the larger the % of total sales coming from this site. That's my theory anyways.

I bet Savage Streets is close, or gone, and Neon Maniacs and Nightmare aren't far behind. Bill *****es a lot, but something has to be paying for his continued output.
I think those are extremely sound observations

It would make sense, as this site is American based, and a very large horror community, not to mention titles like this only being available online.

I also believe Just Before Dawn has sold well above 1000 based on the numbers here.
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #3513
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfirmer View Post
so is Savage Streets still available from code red?
Yes. He has it up for sale on his Big Cartel store right now.

But it looks like he is never going to offer international shipping again. Too many chargebacks from impatient buyers, and he can't be bothered to do the extra work on the customs form.

Plus, I guess, it adds well into his self-fulfilling fantasy that his products don't sell. That way he can keep on complaining.

Us non-'muricans are left to deal with diabolikdvd.com, which would not be bad (they are very reliable) if it were not for the fact that it seems rather random when or even if they ever get stock.

The alternative is to ask somebody you know in the US to forward them to you. That may be the only option when it comes to titles that are low on stock or OOP, where Bill still has a few copies left in his store. It does not look like Diabolik will get titles like that.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors