Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Special Effects Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
Home (Blu-ray)
$19.97
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mrs. Doubtfire (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Blade Runner (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #3881
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Yes, for the 5 theatrical movie only release. If that's what you then it's not a bad price right now though it has been a little lower

The anthology set with 7 version (adds extended S1, Donner S2) plus all the Bonus material on disc 8. The 8 disc UK set is unfortunately not that cheap now. Relative to the identical US release it's still cheap, but I think Amazon UK finally exhausted it's back inventory a couple months ago when Anthology was selling routinely for absurd price of $15-18. It's been OOS at amazon Uk for a couple months now though you can get it through 3rd party Amazon US for low $30's or the Italian set for $28
So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Anthology set. I just have to have both version of I and II. I can't wait to get this in now. Superman I is so epic in scope and is still one of the greatest superhero films ever.

I remember being a Superman freak when I was a kid. Part II was my first movie in the theater, and I remember getting commemorative cups from Burger King or McDonalds when it came out. I wish I still had those.
Last Blu-ray bought:

Superman Anthology

Come to the Blu-Myers Thread!
Old 07-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #3882
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
You should be able to do that in the edit button. -- just hit delete and and confirm.
Thanks, I never knew that !
Old 07-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #3883

Sep 2009
North Carolina USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Myers View Post
I remember being a Superman freak when I was a kid. Part II was my first movie in the theater, and I remember getting commemorative cups from Burger King or McDonalds when it came out. I wish I still had those.
I've never seen Superman II cups before. I know there were 4 different glasses sold to commemorate the first film but they were through Pepsi and would not have been sold through Burger King or McDonalds who have been Coke loyalists. They were sold in restaurants, just not those.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #3884
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans8010 View Post
I've never seen Superman II cups before. I know there were 4 different glasses sold to commemorate the first film but they were through Pepsi and would not have been sold through Burger King or McDonalds who have been Coke loyalists. They were sold in restaurants, just not those.
I believe back then Burger King was a Pepsi loyalist (as was Wendy's) because McDonald's was Coke, so BK carrying the glasses would be plausible. It wasn't until after PepsiCo bought KFC, Taco Bell & Pizza Hut and made Pepsi the house soda at those chains that BK & Wendy's switched to Coke, largely because they saw Pepsi as a competitor. (Pepsi's loss of outside fast-food contracts was a big reason why they spun off those chains as Yum! Brands.)
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, PDVD 14)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Chromecast; Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4; Amazon Fire Phone; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #3885
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
USA

Just got around to watching Superman 3 for the first time in YEARS!

Dear LORD that was a miserable experience. What a TERRIBLE film.
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #3886
Special Member

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
Just got around to watching Superman 3 for the first time in YEARS!

Dear LORD that was a miserable experience. What a TERRIBLE film.
The stupid slapstick opening and Richard Pryor are the two worst things about the movie.

The best thing about this movie is Robert Vaughn, I have a soft spot for him... he's awesome.

It would have been fun to see Christopher Reeve play an evil Superman for an entire movie. Particularly if they could have adapted Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman into a movie.

Also Robot lady gave me nightmares when I was little.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #3887

Sep 2014
They're gonna give daddy the Rain Man suite, do ya dig that? Vegas, Baby! Vegas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Brannigan View Post
The stupid slapstick opening and Richard Pryor are the two worst things about the movie.
This. I like Pryor, but his strengths lay in a completely different (and preferably unapologetically R-rated) type of film. Superman should never have to play second fiddle in his own movie.

Quote:
Oh, good god yes. Little kid me both loved and hated that part. Sooo creepy and disturbing.
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #3888
Special Member

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
This. I like Pryor, but his strengths lay in a completely different (and preferably unapologetically R-rated) type of film. Superman should never have to play second fiddle in his own movie.
Yeah, Superman should always be the star when his name is in the title. Makes me wonder why they thought a Richard Pryor movie featuring Superman was a good idea.

Quote:
Oh, good god yes. Little kid me both loved and hated that part. Sooo creepy and disturbing.
I think that was the first time I had encountered something that scared me in a movie as a child.
Old Today, 01:00 PM   #3889

Oct 2009
-

Leave it to the Salkinds and Spengler for hiring back the genius writing team of David and Leslie Newman.

I remember watching and interview where they proudly said:

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have Richard Pryor appear in a Superman movie.
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #3890
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

I haven't sat and watched 3 or 4 in their entirety since I'm probably 8 or 9 years old (and I've got the blu-ray set sitting on my shelf) but if I had to guess, I'd say that i enjoy 4 more than 3 simply because I remember watching it more as a kid. Granted, parts 1 and 2 got the most repeat viewing as a kid, but 4 was on tv all the time so I ended up watching it a lot.

Then I discovered a....project someone made that does...something with parts 3 and 4, and all was right with the world.
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #3891
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

I finally received the Anthology in the mail yesterday. There's a guy selling them for $32 on Amazon. It's the UK version but that's fine. It's still a fantastic price and such a great set. I'm so glad I have both cuts of I and II and Blu-ray now!

Regarding Superman III, one of the funniest reviews I ever seen read..."Charlie Chaplin inspired intro, followed by 2 hours of dogsh*t."
Last Blu-ray bought:

Superman Anthology

Come to the Blu-Myers Thread!
Old Today, 02:06 PM   #3892
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Houston, TX

Quote:

The best thing about this movie is Robert Vaughn, I have a soft spot for him... he's awesome.

It would have been fun to see Christopher Reeve play an evil Superman for an entire movie. Particularly if they could have adapted Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman into a movie.

The best things about Superman lll are Robert Vaughn and the junkyard brawl between bad Supes and Clark Kent!!! Chris Reeve played evil Superman superbly IMO!!!!! fantastic performance!
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #3893
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

The best thing about Superman III, is that it isn't Superman IV.
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #3894

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
I haven't sat and watched 3 or 4 in their entirety since I'm probably 8 or 9 years old (and I've got the blu-ray set sitting on my shelf) but if I had to guess, I'd say that i enjoy 4 more than 3 simply because I remember watching it more as a kid. Granted, parts 1 and 2 got the most repeat viewing as a kid, but 4 was on tv all the time so I ended up watching it a lot.

Then I discovered a....project someone made that does...something with parts 3 and 4, and all was right with the world.
What was that project? Superman 3 is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #3895
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
The best thing about Superman III, is that it isn't Superman IV.
I'm sorry bro, I have a soft spot and still enjoy Superman lV. Childhood nostalgia I guess.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
superman