Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Babadook (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #1861
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Be patient. It could take up to a month.
Ok. Thanks.
I didn't create an account when I ordered. And I just signed up to see if I could find out when it shipped by making an account with the email used to order... won't show up...
Old 01-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #1862

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeasneededforpain View Post
Yeah, God forbid Romero's son should create something new from his dad's work instead of the countless leeches who've been cashing in and ripping off George Romero over the last four or five decades. With his father's blessing, I might add. But, no, **** him, he's ruining his father's legacy, OMG!

Seriously, THIS makes you sick?

I have no interest in a NOTLD Origins movie (even if it was directed by George, I'd have trouble thinking it was a good idea), but I have no qualms with Romero's son doing this. A million hacks have ripped off and bastardized Romero's creation for decades, in many cases probably profiting more than Romero ever did, so I'm happy that this one's back in the family.
Thanks given by:
sheldo (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 04:59 AM   #1863
Expert Member

Jun 2014
Canada

No it just makes me sick because frankly we don't need a prequel to "Night." The fact that you never really find out what caused the outbreak was part of the fun of the original film as it left it to your imagination. Which to me is much more terrifying. I don't need a new film to take the mystery and the original magic away.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:47 AM   #1864
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
Ok. Thanks.
I didn't create an account when I ordered. And I just signed up to see if I could find out when it shipped by making an account with the email used to order... won't show up...
At CDJapan? If so, you missed out by not creating an account. You get 300 points for joining, which you could've put toward the order. Knocks the price down a little bit further. Not that the price isn't already great.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:17 AM   #1865
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
At CDJapan? If so, you missed out by not creating an account. You get 300 points for joining, which you could've put toward the order. Knocks the price down a little bit further. Not that the price isn't already great.
It is even cheaper now...
I created an account to check the status, but it won't show up...
Old 01-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #1866
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

I wouldn't worry about it. CDJapan is very reliable. My most recent order with them only took about two weeks to arrive, but I've had it take up to a month. It has to travel over 10,000 miles to get to you, so it can take a bit. It'll get there.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:15 AM   #1867
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. CDJapan is very reliable. My most recent order with them only took about two weeks to arrive, but I've had it take up to a month. It has to travel over 10,000 miles to get to you, so it can take a bit. It'll get there.
cool
Thanks for the reassurance.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:29 PM   #1868

Aug 2013

Quote:
No it just makes me sick because frankly we don't need a prequel to "Night." The fact that you never really find out what caused the outbreak was part of the fun of the original film as it left it to your imagination. Which to me is much more terrifying. I don't need a new film to take the mystery and the original magic away.
I agree with you that we don't need a prequel, but there's no way that it will take away the mystery and magic of the original if decades of parodies, homages, cash-ins, and ripoffs already hasn't. The original will always be here, and nothing can change it.

What would be sickening is if someone altered the original film (perhaps with an explanation for the outbreak) and that was the only version available to buy/view. But we don't have to see the prequel if we don't want to. We don't even have to read about it. And if we do see it, we can quickly dismiss it if we so choose. There's really nothing to get worked up about here, just like it's silly getting angry/sick about any sequels, remakes, or adaptations of works that are near and dear to us. The originals are still here, they can't take them away.
Thanks given by:
Nocturnaloner (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 03:33 PM   #1869
Power Member

Jun 2012
o hi o

Whatever Romeros son directs will be hard pressed to be worse then survival of the dead.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #1870

Jan 2012
Atlanta, GA
Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinDeluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
I agree with you that we don't need a prequel, but there's no way that it will take away the mystery and magic of the original if decades of parodies, homages, cash-ins, and ripoffs already hasn't. The original will always be here, and nothing can change it.

What would be sickening is if someone altered the original film (perhaps with an explanation for the outbreak) and that was the only version available to buy/view. But we don't have to see the prequel if we don't want to. We don't even have to read about it. And if we do see it, we can quickly dismiss it if we so choose. There's really nothing to get worked up about here, just like it's silly getting angry/sick about any sequels, remakes, or adaptations of works that are near and dear to us. The originals are still here, they can't take them away.
Didn't that actually happen though? :P
Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #1871
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:
its not like you have to watch the movie
check out my sell thread:
Novamedia Drive Full-Slip or Lenticular Steelbook 43 GBP + shipping
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....5#post10214985
Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #1872

Aug 2009

Quote:
I saw La Femme Nikita when it was new in theaters, and loved it immediately. American action flicks with ferocity, sophistication, and emotional content were very few, so it was great to see this French newcomer Luc Besson remind us all how it was done. Three years later, I was outraged to see that an American remake, Point of No Return, was being released. 20 years later, no one gives a damn about the remake. Everyone loves the original.

The worst thing that can happen with these crappy coat-tail riding films is, someone new takes an interest in the original. So don't worry about it.
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM   #1873
Power Member

Aug 2010

I'm french.
I don't particularly like Nikita myself... (always had problems to enjoy a movie with Eric Serra's score on it).
And I loooove the american remake. It was the first time I saw Bridget Fonda on screen (I was a teenager) and I immediately felt in love with her and forgot about Lauren Bacall (whom I felt in love with 4 years before when I first saw To have and have not).

I'm sorry. But rest assured that I'm ashamed of myself.
Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM   #1874
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthemack View Post
Whatever Romeros son directs will be hard pressed to be worse then survival of the dead.
Good god one would hope so.
You can't stop progress.
Old Today, 07:52 AM   #1875
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
I'm french.
I don't particularly like Nikita myself... (always had problems to enjoy a movie with Eric Serra's score on it).
And I loooove the american remake. It was the first time I saw Bridget Fonda on screen (I was a teenager) and I immediately felt in love with her and forgot about Lauren Bacall (whom I felt in love with 4 years before when I first saw To have and have not).

I'm sorry. But rest assured that I'm ashamed of myself.
As well you should be, sir. I mean, I try not to judge people too harshly, but that's just bonkers.
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #1876

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthemack View Post
It's interesting to me how many people hate Survival. I thought Diary was WAY worse.
Samsung HLP5674w 56" DLP
Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 x2
Thanks given by:
sheldo (Today)
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #1877
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
It's interesting to me how many people hate Survival. I thought Diary was WAY worse.
I thought they were both terrible.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America