COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D TVs, Projectors and Displays

Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseDarthVader View Post
Still not able to get it in Australia even with the part number. This is ridiculous that Sony would have this flaw in their glasses and only have a fix in the US. But I'll ask again does the filters fix the issue of the colour temp shifting when tilting your head or only the crosstalk becoming worse as you tilt your head? I mainly want them for the colour temp shifting issue as that is far more noticeable when doing only slight tilting while the crosstalk shows up only with extreme angles of tilting.
The filters fix the problem. Before inserting the filters, a tilt of the head left or right over 3 or 4 degrees caused a lightened image and after a few more degrees, a double image. It looks like the glasses are losing synch with the transmitter, but they are not. With the filters in, you can tilt yor head 45 degrees without any degradation of the 3D picture. One side effect of the filters is the introduction of flicker in external lights such as front panel displays on AVR's and BD players. Dimming the displays on those components eliminates that issue. Another issue with the filters is their fragility. They can be scratched easily, so take care when cleaning.

I should have the TDG-BR250 filters in a few days. I'll update this post when I check them out.

What is Sony Support's response when you ask them why these filters are not available in Australia?

O.K. I just got the filters that I ordered for the TDG-BR250. The idiots sent me the wrong ones. I got the ones for the BR200 which are the smaller glasses. The part no. is the same for both, but the filters are 1/4 inch narrower in width for the BR200's. I'm not going to waste any more time on trying to get the proper ones, since they will stay in place and my eyes aren't looking through the outer 1/4 inch edge that isn't filtered. They work just as well the original ones I got for my battery operated glasses I mentioned in an earlier post.

You would think these filters would be widely available since the instructions that come with them are translated into 36 languages (seriously).

PT No. 145839521 description Polarizer Adapter Price $12.81 (no charge to me for the part or shipping by FEDEX) EDIT: just found out this part number is for the BR200 childrens glasses. Correct p.n for the adult BR250's is 145839511.

Shipped from Sony Electronics, Inc Billed to Generic Internal Account
11302 East Point Drive
Bldg B Suite 300
Laredo TX 78045

Last edited by raygendreau; 03-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #42
Power Member

Sep 2008
Australia

Sony Australia just says "Sony Australia is not he same as Sony USA sorry we don't have the filters at all".
You can't spell film without ILM - Industrial Light & Magic
Old 03-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseDarthVader View Post
Sony Australia just says "Sony Australia is not he same as Sony USA sorry we don't have the filters at all".
Well, if you decide you want them, the only alternative may be to call Sony U.S. support and see what they would charge you to ship them. If you are on 50 hz power, they may not work.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #44

Jan 2011
Australia

They do work. As I said in my previous post, I ordered some through a forwarding service (http://www.hopshopgo.com) to Australia. Just tell them the website and the part number. An expensive way of doing it, but the only way.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

I'm on the phone with Sony as I post this. I got frustrated trying to somehow get the filters for the B200's to work on my 250's and just got an explanation of why I got the wrong ones. The order was placed correctly for 145839511 Polarizer Adapter ( for BR250), but filled incorrectly at the warehouse with 145839521 (for BR200). They told me they were currently out of stock on the filter for the BR250 but would expect to ship it in about 5 business days.

I told support about the unhappiness in Australia. He promised to pass it along to those that need to know. He also said they get very few orders for the filters. I told him I wasn't surprised. Sony isn't advertising the fact that they are available.They probably don't want to admit there is a design deficiency in their glasses.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #46

Jan 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygendreau View Post
...I told support about the unhappiness in Australia. He promised to pass it along to those that need to know...
Thanks for that!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #47

Oct 2008

you really have to twist their arms to have them honor their free filter offer. I'm still on hold waiting to be processed!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #48

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskinsfan21 View Post
you really have to twist their arms to have them honor their free filter offer. I'm still on hold waiting to be processed!
Hello, I'm from Europe, I need those filters for my glasses TDG-BR100. It is possible to get them in my region or only U.S. exclusive?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D TVs, Projectors and Displays