Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #121
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mport5150 View Post
Posted yesterday by Bill Hunt over at Digital Bits:

"And in other news, you Battlestar fans will be interested to learn that retail BD copies of Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome include an insert with word that the original 1978 Battlestar Galactica feature film is coming to Blu-ray in 2013".

So hopefully it will be coming out soon!
I sent him an email 2 weeks ago saying exactly that lol
Old 03-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #122

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy73 View Post
The only idiot is you. If you've seen it, stop complaining about spoiler tags. It makes absolutely no sense that you went off so hard about this since you've seen it. If you're posting in the best interest of others, no one asked you to. Especially, not in the uncalled for way you do it. I don't see Moderator under your name.

I know spoiler tags are for a reason. I also know people are human and forget sometimes. This is the BSG:B&C thread. It's going to be discussed. If you enter this thread you need to expect a possible spoiler here and there. Just like when you walk into a bar you need to expect the possibility of encountering a drunk. It happens. Calm down and get over it.

Also, who are you calling a tool and a jerkoff? Who disrespected you and called you names? Look, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but your responses are ridiculous given the subject at hand.
I don't care if I called you names, I really don't. It's funny you talk about respect and blah blah blah...yet you aren't the one who forgot the spoiler tags in the first place. Yet, you defend someone who DISRESPECTS OTHERS and common internet decency (you do realize this isn't some new invention and spoiler tags have been around for some time now, so their useage should be well understood by this point) by failing to use Spoiler Tags.

If you would have minded your own business and he said, "Yah, my bad". All would have been forgiven, but you butted in with your worthless opinion, therefore, you're a jerkoff, end of story.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #123
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinindy View Post
I don't care if I called you names, I really don't. It's funny you talk about respect and blah blah blah...yet you aren't the one who forgot the spoiler tags in the first place. Yet, you defend someone who DISRESPECTS OTHERS and common internet decency (you do realize this isn't some new invention and spoiler tags have been around for some time now, so their useage should be well understood by this point) by failing to use Spoiler Tags.

If you would have minded your own business and he said, "Yah, my bad". All would have been forgiven, but you butted in with your worthless opinion, therefore, you're a jerkoff, end of story.
No one owes you any apology so stop being a crybaby. He doesn't have to say anything to you. You are an instigator and I see that more and more as you continue your asinine response posts. You over reacted and I called you on it. I really don't care if that bothers you either. I will continue to call people like you out for being ridiculous with over the top responses for little shit every time I see it. Funny how you talk about common internet decency and then act like a complete ass.

I'll say it again, he forgot to use a spoiler tag. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. Especially, when you've already seen it. Go kick rocks!
On a never ending mission to stop the spread of BS.

Last edited by Troy73; 03-03-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #124

Sep 2012

Internet decency? That's an oxymoron.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #125
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funcha View Post
Internet decency? That's an oxymoron.
LOL! Apparently.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #126
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
the FX at times amateurish.

Very disappointing.
I noticed this as well. Overall the effects are very impressive and then outta nowhere a ship blows up and it looks like a video game from the 90's. I guess they used the budget according to what they wanted to emphasize and some shots were just rushed. I do feel the story and acting were pretty good. If this becomes a series that would be awesome.

However, I would love to see them do a Blu-ray release for the original 70's series more.

I guess the feature film will have to do.....for now.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #127

Sep 2012

I know the blu-ray disc is region A and B, but is the DVD copy region free?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #128
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric T Sealion View Post
I know the blu-ray disc is region A and B, but is the DVD copy region free?
Region 1 locked.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #129

Dec 2009

Quote:
No one owes you any apology so stop being a crybaby. He doesn't have to say anything to you. You are an instigator and I see that more and more as you continue your asinine response posts. You over reacted and I called you on it. I really don't care if that bothers you either. I will continue to call people like you out for being ridiculous with over the top responses for little shit every time I see it. Funny how you talk about common internet decency and then act like a complete ass.

I'll say it again, he forgot to use a spoiler tag. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. Especially, when you've already seen it. Go kick rocks!
See, you have trouble reading...or maybe with comprehension. I never asked for an apology. And, I didn't over-react, you're just overtly sensitive. He used a spoiler tag and I called him out. Then, you come along for no reason at all and get involved in something that doesn't affect you.

USE SPOILER TAGS, THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON. It wasn't about me having seen this particular title. It was about all the people who are bound to read this thread (or any other the non-spoiler tag using abuser might post in) wondering about the disc and it's merits, only to read a spoiler. How you fail to get this is way beyond me. You know a lot of people blind buy blu's that haven't seen them. Or, is that hard for you to imagine as well as I realize you are quite dense and obtuse.

You will continue to look like a douchebag for calling people out for calling others out legitimately. Good luck with that.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #130
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
See, you have trouble reading...or maybe with comprehension. I never asked for an apology. And, I didn't over-react, you're just overtly sensitive. He used a spoiler tag and I called him out. Then, you come along for no reason at all and get involved in something that doesn't affect you.

USE SPOILER TAGS, THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON. It wasn't about me having seen this particular title. It was about all the people who are bound to read this thread (or any other the non-spoiler tag using abuser might post in) wondering about the disc and it's merits, only to read a spoiler. How you fail to get this is way beyond me. You know a lot of people blind buy blu's that haven't seen them. Or, is that hard for you to imagine as well as I realize you are quite dense and obtuse.

You will continue to look like a douchebag for calling people out for calling others out legitimately.
Good luck with that.
So he did use a spoiler tag or he didn't? Maybe you should focus on what you write rather than my reading skills.

Whats sad is, I get your point and I agree with it. At the same time I also can see how it could have been a simple mistake and not meant to ruin the film for others. All over this site there are threads about various films and shows and one thing they all have in common is somewhere they all probably have a spoiler or two.

Given your initial response over this issue I feel it must have pissed you off to see that plot point was left non spoilered for others to see. You took it upon yourself to speak for people who had yet to even care or complain about it. Since, by your own admission, you've already seen this and have said as much. All you had to say was, Hey man please spoiler that so as not to ruin it for others. Your response was:

Quote:
HOLY SHIT BALLS! how about a freaking spoiler tag FFS.
That pissed me off because it was uncalled for. Just like you took it upon yourself to speak against the poster I took it upon myself to speak against you.

Once you made that ignorant post you put yourself out there for response to it whether you like it or not.

Make no mistake, in my posts I'm not so much defending the poster you're pissed at as much as I'm calling you out for over reacting.

You have no respect for others and you continue to show that you have no purpose in this thread. That is, unless I missed your post about the topic at hand? Yeah, didn't think so.

Last edited by Troy73; 03-04-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #131

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Region 1 locked.
Many thanks.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #132

Dec 2009

Quote:
So he did use a spoiler tag or he didn't? Maybe you should focus on what you write rather than my reading skills.

Whats sad is, I get your point and I agree with it. At the same time I also can see how it could have been a simple mistake and not meant to ruin the film for others. All over this site there are threads about various films and shows and one thing they all have in common is somewhere they all probably have a spoiler or two.

Given your initial response over this issue I feel it must have pissed you off to see that plot point was left non spoilered for others to see. You took it upon yourself to speak for people who had yet to even care or complain about it. Since, by your own admission, you've already seen this and have said as much. All you had to say was, Hey man please spoiler that so as not to ruin it for others. Your response was:

That pissed me off because it was uncalled for. Just like you took it upon yourself to speak against the poster I took it upon myself to speak against you.

Once you made that ignorant post you put yourself out there for response to it whether you like it or not.

Make no mistake, in my posts I'm not so much defending the poster you're pissed at as much as I'm calling you out for over reacting.

You have no respect for others and you continue to show that you have no purpose in this thread. That is, unless I missed your post about the topic at hand? Yeah, didn't think so.
I'm going to say this one last thing and put this to rest. I did not show any disrespect when I originally said the poster in question should use Spoiler Tags when pertinent.

Now, with that said, did I say it in an outrageous manner? yes, certainly, but not disrespectfully in any way. But, there's a point to that, and if you don't understand that or can't figure out why I'd say it so outlandishly, then I can't help you there.

With that said. Did i show disrespect to you Troy? Yes, I did. To be the better man, I will say I'm sorry for that. I'm not sorry for calling someone out for using spoiler tags. I am sorry for over-reacting and being disrespectful to you, however, and you were the only I showed any disrespect towards.

Now, I'm done with this, it's gone on too long and will not reply to anything you say to me directly regarding this anymore.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #133
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

The quality was on par with a made for TV movie. It was good overall but, nothing that you must have. I'd wait for a price drop, I only got it early cause I had to get the slip.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #134
Expert Member

Nov 2009
Over There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
The quality was on par with a made for TV movie. It was good overall but, nothing that you must have. I'd wait for a price drop, I only got it early cause I had to get the slip.
+1. I just finished it (DVR'ed it) and I can wait for it to go down to $10 or so. It won't bother me if there's no slip.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #135

Jul 2007
Westminster, MD

Was able to watch it this weekend. I liked the story, but it seemed to me like it was setting up a series. Quite upset there is not going to be any more to this. Much better than Caprica ever was.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #136
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

I'm from Scotland and my folks are going to the US in a week. Just double checking;
Is this region free?
Can they pick it up in a store like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target etc?
Pre-ordered
The Hobbit: DoS Extended (German statue), The Lion King (steelbook), X-Men: Days of Future Past (digibook)

Check out my 'Signed Stuff' thread!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America