Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Black Butler: Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Majestic Prince: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$36.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #161

Jul 2007

100%
Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #162
Banned

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
I'm sorry i just dont believe the people that have over 500 blurays and claim to have watched over 90% of them.

I think you are all lying and trying to hide the fact that you have a bluray purchasing problem and you will never watch as much as you purchase but can't justify so you choose to be dishonest.

I have about 300 blurays...all of which i've seen at some point (not necessarily though the copy i own) however there is really no chance in hell i could get around to watching all of them. It's just too time consuming and time wise it just cannot possibly happen...so just be honest and admit you have tons of blus that you never have or will watch...

I like to justify my habit as i have them available for when people come over that haven't seen said movie.
I work from home. I usually have the TV on the background. When I'm printing items or doing basic tasks I watch a film too. So far today...
Pitch Perfect
Ted (Twice)
Endeavour
Beetlejuice
People Like Us

and an episode of True Blood.

I'm going to watching another Endeavour shortly.

Different people/situations can justify watching hundreds of films rather easy. I could easily watch 150 or more films in a month but I also watch various shows or I listen to music instead while doing work. Some people watch films on their days off or watch a film after work. Not everyone goes to pubs or somewhere else.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #163

May 2013
Virginia

Wish I could say 100% but have been steadily falling behind with the Criterion sales the past 2 months. Trying to keep up but have only watched about half of my CC purchases. Was doing pretty good before the 50% off sales started.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #164
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
For your information, I don't have cable. I don't waste money on frivolously "going out." And, I work nights when most of my friends are doing their socializing.
Same here, I don't have cable, a high-priced cell phone, and make about 95% of my meals at home. Every once in a while I worry I am spending too much money on Blu-rays (I'm pretty frugal), but then I realize that it's the only "unnecessary" thing I really spend my money on and I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, so it's worth it.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #165
Special Member

Oct 2012
California

All of it. When I buy them, I try to watch them within a few days. If I buy a bunch (like bargains and getting a bunch at a time) I usually give myself a week or so, but I always watch them.

Ask me about special features? Yeah, less than half. I always try to buy the best editions but usually never watch them all. Don't have time. I just end up watching the films themselves. Which is the point isn't it? haha.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #166
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

99%+
I only own one I haven't watched and only bought that to complete a series and get a free movie ticket (or got the BD free since I was going to see the film anyway is how I look at it), and that is Blade 3.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #167
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Augusta, GA

48.38%.... It's actually closer to about 70%, as a lot of my Blus I've seen years ago on other forms....
My growing collection:
#1 - Juno (2/29/12) :: #100 - Easy A (4/7/12)
#200 - Simpsons Movie (4/27/12) :: #300 - North by Northwest (5/28/12)
#400 - The Corpse Bride (11/02/12) :: #500 - A Bug's Life (1/3/13)
Old 07-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #168

Jul 2013
Ventura, California

I almost never blind buy and when I do I'm usually excited to get it and watch it right away, so I'd say 99.9% of my collection are movies I have seen before in some format.

For blu rays specifically I'm running maybe 60% right now. The primary reason its low is that I have been in a bargain hunting mode for 3D (to build up a library) and for double dips to upgrade favorites to blu rays so I have movies coming in faster than I can watch them at the moment. This purchasing pace will not continue though so I will catch up soon.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #169
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

The only reason I'm not at 100% is because I have a small backlog that has arrived since I've started wading through the Star Trek TOS Complete Series. That doesn't happen in just one sitting. And, The Last Of Us trophies haven't helped much with free time lately either.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 07-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #170

Oct 2008
Sarnia, On

Yeah, I've probably watched about 97% of my movies. The only ones I haven't yet are my recent purchases that I got on sale. I watch a least a movie or two a day, rarely watch broadcast tv so it's not too difficult to get through your collection. I can't understand why people would doubt that.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #171
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Barrie, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Yeah, I've probably watched about 97% of my movies. The only ones I haven't yet are my recent purchases that I got on sale. I watch a least a movie or two a day, rarely watch broadcast tv so it's not too difficult to get through your collection. I can't understand why people would doubt that.
I watch 1 or 2 movies every night, I don't watch sports, I don't have cable cut that cord a long time ago, the only time I get to watch network tv is when I travel which is about 4 or 5 times a year.
Favorite Quote from Father Goose
Lieutenant Stebbings: Mother Goose is requesting a chaplain.
Commander Frank Houghton: A chaplain? Good heavens, he's killed her.
Lieutenant Stebbings: No, sir. They want to get married.
Commander Frank Houghton: Married? Goody Two-Shoes and the Filthy Beast?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #172

Sep 2012
Baltimore

I have about 700 blu's

I haven't watched 1/4 of the Hitchcock collection, 3 criterion films, The elephant man, taxi driver, x-men trilogy.

all just bought with in 2 weeks

so out of 700 plus those I would say 98%

100% at end of week end

and than about 7 more films are in the mail plus devils backbone next week and random blu's come in through studio's who hook me up 4 or 5 times a month

I watch a movie a day, sometimes 2 , once in awhile 3
Pr00f Zone - My For Sale, Wants and Giveaways Store
  • Giveaway - The Criterion's - The Uninvited

I work at a college as a janitor even though I feel like I'm smarter than most of the people who go there. Sometimes I see an equation written on a blackboard like half an equation and... I just figure it out.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #173
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

99% , Black Swan is the one that i didn't watch yet .
Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #174
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

100%
Old 07-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #175
Special Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Wow... just wow...

This post is just dripping with unnecessary attitude.

For your information, I don't have cable. I don't waste money on frivolously "going out." And, I work nights when most of my friends are doing their socializing. So, that leaves me with enough time to watch 2 films a day pal. Let's do the math, shall we? 2 films/day at 5 days a week (my weekends are dedicated to social time). That makes 10 films a week at 52 weeks/year, which is... well... look at that! I have the potential to watch 520 films a year! How do you like that?!?!?! And to go even further, over the course of 7 years since the format release, that would make for the potential to have watched over 3500 films! Granted, that is an absolute on the extreme end of the spectrum, but still makes a valid point about how pompous and arrogant your statements are.
The guy is nothing but a troll. He's just trying to stir the pot. He joined last month and hasn't responsed to one post. People like this are a waste of our time.
Epson 6010 3D projector
Elite Cinetension electric 120" screen
Samsung UN55C800 55"
Denon 3808CI
7.2 Def Tech speakers with SVS PB2000 & PB12 NSD
Oppo BDP-93
APC J-10 power conditioner
Other stuff
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America