New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best TV Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Person of Interest: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.96
Black Sails: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$27.96
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.59
Black Sails: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Berserk: Season One (Blu-ray)
$46.20
Peanuts: Holiday Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Taboo Tattoo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$30.56
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008
Default The Official "Royal Pains" Thread

Why was there not a thread for this?

ROYAL PAINS RETURNS JUNE 3rd for Season 2

Playstation Platinums:

Burnout Paradise // Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs // Infamous 2 // Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 // Prototype 2 (ps3) // Infamous: Second Son // The Walking Dead (Ps3/Ps4)

Last edited by Groo The Perverted; 05-15-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Thanks to Wyldeman for the casting posts in another thread.

CASTING NEWS!!!!

Quote:
Expect some major fireworks in the Hamptons this summer.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Trauma actress Anastasia Griffith is joining the cast of Royal Pains in the major recurring role of Dr. Emily Peck, a no-nonsense MD and a potential business rival of Hank’s (Mark Feuerstein).

Griffith’s doc will be introduced during the USA Network hit’s second season (premiering June 3) when Boris (Campbell Scott) hires her to temporarily fill in for an MIA Hank.

As previously reported, Happy Days vet Henry Winkler is also joining the season 2 cast as Hank and Evan’s (Paulo Costanzo) absentee dad.

Griffith, who was also a fixture on FX’s Damages during its first two seasons, recently completed work on season 1 of Trauma. The struggling NBC drama is not expected back next fall.
==============

Quote:
The Fonz is heading to the Hamptons!

Happy Days vet Henry Winkler is joining the cast of Royal Pains in the recurring role of Eddie Larson, the absentee father to Hank and Evan, a show rep confirms.

Winkler will debut during the hit drama’s upcoming second season when pops “arrives unannounced in the Hamptons, determined to reinsert himself into his sons’ lives and make up for lost time,” reads the official (and soon-to-be-released) press release. “But his motives are unclear at best. He will have a considerable impact on HankMed, as Hank and Evan grow divided over whether family reunions are always something to celebrate.”
===============================

Quote:
Oscar winning actress Marcia Gay Harden has landed a multi-episode arc on Royal Pains, sources confirm to me exclusively. She’ll play Dr. Elizabeth Blair, a surgeon, board member of Hamptons Heritage Hospital, and an adversary-turned-mentor to Jill (Jill Flint). Harden, who last year added a Tony to her enviable awards chest for her tour de force performance in God of Carnage, first appears in Pains‘ season 2 premiere on June 3.
===================================

Quote:
A new day has dawned for 24‘s Mary Lynn Rajskub.

In what marks her first post-24 gig, the actress has signed on to guest star in the June 10 episode of the USA Network smash Royal Pains as Newberg’s stepdaughter (Christine Ebersole).

“I play a girl who does yoga on diet pills,” Rajskub announced earlier today via Twitter.

Pains‘ second season kicks off June 3.
Playstation Platinums:

Burnout Paradise // Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs // Infamous 2 // Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 // Prototype 2 (ps3) // Infamous: Second Son // The Walking Dead (Ps3/Ps4)
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Playstation Platinums:

Old 05-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Not a Rasslin' fan, but this is kinda cool that they're teaming up for cross promotion like this.

Quote:
Mark Feuerstein, star of USA Network’s Royal Pains will guest host WWE Monday Night RAW from Charlotte, North Carolina, on June 14, 2010.

In what is one of the more logical guest host choices of the RAW guest-hosting gimmick, Feuerstein provides a great bit of valuable synergy between USA Network programming. It is logical that USA Network should use WWE RAW, one of their highest rated programs, to promote their other original programs. Feuerstein will return for the second season of Royal Pains on the USA Network, starting June 3.

In another great bit of synergy, Feuerstein will star in the WWE Studios production of Knucklehead, also starring WWE’s “Big Show” Paul Wight. In the film, Feuerstein stars as a fight promoter looking for his new “ace” only to find an orphan (Big Show) to combat a rival promoter. The film is expected to release in theatres in either late 2010 or early 2011 before WrestleMania XVII. It is also expected that The Big Show will guest star in an episode of this upcoming season of Royal Pains to further the relationship between the two brands.
Playstation Platinums:

Old 05-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Just picked up the first season on DVD. I'm sure I'll like it.
"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"
-Rick Sanchez
"You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now."
-Alejandro
Old 05-26-2010, 02:40 AM   #6
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Alright you described my feelings for this show better than I ever could!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

GREAT show so far. I'm loving it.
"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"
-Rick Sanchez
"You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now."
-Alejandro
Old 05-26-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Holy crap! It's Britta from Community!
"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"
-Rick Sanchez
-Alejandro
Old 05-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #9
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
Holy crap! It's Britta from Community!
What are you talking about, where's Britta? I thought this show doesn't return for another week?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
What are you talking about, where's Britta? I thought this show doesn't return for another week?
He's watching Season 1 you doof!
Playstation Platinums:

Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
He's watching Season 1 you doof!
Well that wasn't specific enough, how should I know, I don't watch this show!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Royal Pains Season 2 is getting extended!

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- USA is giving "Royal Pains" it's longest season yet.

The series is set to run 18 episodes this season with it's summer finale (after 12 episodes) set for Thursday, August 26. The show will then return in the winter for it's six remaining installments.
Playstation Platinums:

Old 06-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Huh, interesting. Good news though.
"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"
-Rick Sanchez
-Alejandro
Old 06-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

I watched some Ep's of this yesterday while waiting for Burn Notice to come on and WOW! this is a pretty good show, that Indian chick is HOT!!! love that sexy accent!

I may add this my favorite tv show list.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #15
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
I might as well get this out of the way first. I didn't even know this thread existed until you made your last post to bump it up.

Ok, with that out of the way, I am happy to see that this season is getting extended. I enjoyed the first season of this show and I'm enjoying the second season too.
Last Watched: Wonder Woman 3D
Last Bought: Being There | Hopscotch | Rebecca
PSN ID and Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 07-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #16
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Actor Hayden Christiensen, best known for playing Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars episode 2 and 3, has sued USA, claiming he and his older brother pitched them a show in 2005 for a "comedic drama about a "concierge" doctor who makes house calls to the rich and famous." He says Royal Pains is a blatant rip-off of their idea. He says the executive he pitched the show to had not heard of concierge doctors and thought the show was a fascinating idea.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/r...ntxxuvleZs6D9K
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #17

Jan 2010

This show rules. Glad to see it getting the extension, it must be doing really well.
40" RCA 1080P HDTV with LED lightstrips in rear, Samsung 5.1 HTiB, Sony PS3 80gb, Asus O!Play HD Media Player, Toshiba HD-A2 HDDVD Player, Harmony 880, 15" MacBook Pro, M-Audio DX-4 bookshelf monitors, and iPhone 4 running Mobile Air Mouse.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:02 AM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

So I'm just now getting around to seeing this past week's episode (titled Big Whoop) and WOW! One of the best actors out there, and someone who I feel is highly underrated and underappreciated guest stars, seen below.

Playstation Platinums:

Last edited by Groo The Perverted; 07-21-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
Special Member

May 2010
Australia

Sooooo ... is this show any good or what?

Need something new to watch, and this is in my sights.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows