Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
ESPN Films 30 for 30: Five-Year Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99

John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49

Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99

American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00

2015 National Championship (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$4.99

As Above So Below (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #1481
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcnews11 View Post
why not have in 1st post a listing for all the movies that are DISNEY MOVIE CLUB EXCLUSIVES ?
This is a Disney Animation thread, and none of the DMC exclusives are animated titles.
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old 01-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #1482

Jul 2009

The main post needs to be updated to reflect 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure. Still listed as rumored but it's coming out next month on the 10th.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #1483
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadylpete View Post
The main post needs to be updated to reflect 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure. Still listed as rumored but it's coming out next month on the 10th.
Fixed it, but is there any other indication for that release date other than this site? Unless it's an DMC exclusive for a few months, I find it odd there's no Amazon pre-order.
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old 01-09-2015, 02:20 AM   #1484

Jul 2009

I didn't realize that. I got the e-mail today with them asking me to respond to next month's offer for that movie along with the original. If it's an exclusive I might have to take them up on it.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #1485

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadylpete View Post
I didn't realize that. I got the e-mail today with them asking me to respond to next month's offer for that movie along with the original. If it's an exclusive I might have to take them up on it.
It's likely it's not an exclusive, my guess is disney hasn't determined where and when to release the sequel. Do they do it release day? Or a month after like previous releases?

The same thing similar to Jungle Book when it was released. DMC members could get the sequel at the same time as the original, while regular retail had to wait about a month.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:34 AM   #1486

Aug 2013
Ontario, Canada

So what do you think guys? Is this finally the year that all the original WDAS movies will be available? I'm certainly hoping so! There's only 5 left and speculated 3 combo sets, and considering they usually come out in 3's I can see this being it.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #1487

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayuk View Post
So what do you think guys? Is this finally the year that all the original WDAS movies will be available? I'm certainly hoping so! There's only 5 left and speculated 3 combo sets, and considering they usually come out in 3's I can see this being it.
Only a Disney fan and scholar for over 40 years, and yet I do not know what WDAS is. Care to elucidate?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:47 AM   #1488

Jan 2011
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad75 View Post
Only a Disney fan and scholar for over 40 years, and yet I do not know what WDAS is. Care to elucidate?
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Thanks given by:
disneywildcat (01-19-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #1489

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG-havkroll View Post
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Thanks. Don't know that Walt's studio ever went by that title.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:15 AM   #1490
Special Member

Oct 2008
Oregon

Quote:
Quote:
You're a 40 year scholar of Disney and you didn't know the name of their animation studio?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #1491
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA
Default Official Disney Animated Films on Blu-ray

Quote:
Before the 1980s, feature animation was just a department of Walt Disney Productions.

In the mid 80s, when Walt Disney Productions became the Walt Disney Company and as Walt Disney Television Animation was formed, the feature animation department became a division of the Walt Disney Studios and was known as Walt Disney Feature Animation till 2006.

When the studio's name was changed to Walt Disney Animation Studios, films made by WDAS began carrying a logo with the name to distinguish it from Pixar.

Last edited by disneywildcat; 01-19-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:12 AM   #1492
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayuk View Post
Quote:
Funny that it went off on that tangent; I used to use "WDAS" myself but lately have preferred "Disney Animation" for clarity.

Still, back on topic: Anything right now is mere speculation, but informed speculation does suggest all 54 DACs ("Disney Animated Classics", or the official Disney Animation canon) will have reached U.S. BD by the end of 2015. After 101 & BH6, only six DACs have yet to hit U.S. BD: Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, The Black Cauldron & Aladdin. (No, I didn't forget Song of the South; it's primarily live-action so it's not part of the canon.)

The four remaining 1940's "package films" are likely to hit BD as two sets of two each, possibly even with a third movie as a bonus, like the existing "package films" on BD (The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad/Fun & Fancy Free with bonus The Reluctant Dragon). Saludos & Caballeros were released together on DVD; it only makes sense to put them together with Walt & El Grupo, the 2008 documentary on Walt's South American trip that spawned them (also not on U.S. BD). And since both MMM & MT are music-oriented, those could pick up So Dear to My Heart, a 1940's mixed "associated production" like TRD (and SotS). They could be released together, or perhaps spread out over two or more dates in the summer; I wouldn't be surprised if one or both releases start out as short-term DMC exclusives (like Tarzan & Hercules).

2015 being TBC's 30th anniversary it's likely to hit BD in August, about the same time as Ichabod last year, in time for Halloween sales. And though I haven't seen official confirmation yet, AFAIK it's almost certain Aladdin will be the October Diamond title. (Like 101, it hit BD in the UK years ago.)
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Chromecast; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.

Last edited by RBBrittain; 01-19-2015 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Clarify
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status