Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Mulan / Mulan II (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Foxcatcher (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Society (Blu-ray)
$25.29
Justified: The Complete Final Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
McFarland, USA (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$35.99
Gone with the Wind (Blu-ray)
$7.97
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-16-2015, 06:04 AM   #1521

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
No, never. (Technically, it's the alterations to Make Mine Music, Saludos Amigos, and Melody Time that stick in our craws, there was nothing ever removed from The Three Caballeros). Someone asked if the film was edited or censored, only saw the last 20 minutes, didn't notice anything missing. Sure looked great.
Add Fantasia to that list. I want to see Sunflower.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 AM   #1522
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Tajomaru View Post
Add Fantasia to that list. I want to see Sunflower.
Well, that's why YouTube was invented. As for general releases, Walt removed and re-animated shots that were offensive in his cartoons, I think there's no way on this Earth that were Walt still with us, he would keep those shots. Disney's not in the "piss you off and offend you" business, they're in the "we make you happy and you give us money" business.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #1523

Apr 2013

Well censoring it pisses me off. Fantasia was censored after Walt's death. I would be less pissed off if Disney didn't claim the censored version was uncensored.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #1524
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Well censoring it pisses me off. Fantasia was censored after Walt's death. I would be less pissed off if Disney didn't claim the censored version was uncensored.
I hear you. Still, I think Walt himself would have cut those scenes (or re-animate them) were he around in the late 60's.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #1525
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
I hear you. Still, I think Walt himself would have cut those scenes (or re-animate them) were he around in the late 60's.
There's a bit of a similar controversy happening here in Sweden in regards to Pippi Longstocking. In the original, Pippi refers to her father as a negro king of the southern seas. Now, they've changed it to just be a king of the southern seas, and they also cut out a scene of Pippi mimicking a Chinese.There was a complete uproar from certain people here, going so far as to boycott and saying that they've ruined Pippi, and that they'll show the original to their kids (because, you know, whether or not her father was a king or a negro king really was the essence and central point of the story )
This decision was however backed up by archived interviews with the author Astrid Lindgren saying that had she written it today, she wouldn't have used the negro king-phrasing.
My opinion is that the originals could be preserved and archieved for historic reasons, but when showing something in public, I find it better to just try and touch and entertain people rather than offend certain people. The ones crying foul are imo nothing but entitled, privileged shortsighted folks that really should start rethinking their priorities.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #1526

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
There's a bit of a similar controversy happening here in Sweden in regards to Pippi Longstocking. In the original, Pippi refers to her father as a negro king of the southern seas. Now, they've changed it to just be a king of the southern seas, and they also cut out a scene of Pippi mimicking a Chinese.There was a complete uproar from certain people here, going so far as to boycott and saying that they've ruined Pippi, and that they'll show the original to their kids (because, you know, whether or not her father was a king or a negro king really was the essence and central point of the story )
This decision was however backed up by archived interviews with the author Astrid Lindgren saying that had she written it today, she wouldn't have used the negro king-phrasing.
My opinion is that the originals could be preserved and archieved for historic reasons, but when showing something in public, I find it better to just try and touch and entertain people rather than offend certain people. The ones crying foul are imo nothing but entitled, privileged shortsighted folks that really should start rethinking their priorities.
What is the big deal if Pippi had Black blood in her or not? Is it because she looks White? My family is multigenrational Mulatto and some members of my family can pass as White. My own Grandmother looked like regular White German lady.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #1527
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:
What is the big deal if Pippi had Black blood in her or not? Is it because she looks White? My family is multigenrational Mulatto and some members of my family can pass as White. My own Grandmother looked like regular White German lady.
Pippi's father is white. He basically is king of the negroes, that is, they're his slaves. It's not so much the fact that he's a ruler, it was the phrasing, that Pippi is saying that he's a negro king, and that is kind of offensive to black people.
We have a Donald Duck special run on tv here every Christmas as well, with clips from films and the Silly Symphony with Santa's Workshop, and the scene where Santa stamps the race-stereotypical dolls has been cut since a few years back.
My point is that if something that was never meant to be offensive in the first place turns out to be just that, then maybe one should consider cutting it out. No need to step on someone's toes if that's not your intention.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:06 AM   #1528

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlayman View Post
Still waiting on:

A Goofy Movie
Stitch: The Movie
I would absolutely love to see a 2-pack of the Goofy Movie and Extremely Goofy Movie on blu. I adore that film.

As for Stitch? I'm not holding my breath sadly. That's a kick-off to the TV series, which isn't available outside of bootleg DVDs, and followed up by Leroy and Stitch. Maybe if Disney realized the gold mine they were sitting on with all their classic animated series we might get some beautiful things. I'd absolutely love to see a boxset of Stitch: The Movie, Lilo and Stitch The Series, and Leroy and Stitch all in one big bundle on blu ray.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #1529

Sep 2012

I really wonder why Tarzan 2 wasn't released with Tarzan last year. I hope they will still release it, maybe as a set with Tarzan & Jane?

I also hope Stitch! The Movie and Leroy & Stitch will be released as a set.

And while we're at it.... Piglet's Big Movie and Pooh's Heffalump Movie.

God, still so much I want.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #1530

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

If Brave Little Toaster was announced I'd flip my lid
Old 04-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #1531
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightslicesofpie View Post
If Brave Little Toaster was announced I'd flip my lid
Haha, I didn't even know Disney had anything to do with that one. Colour me surprised when I found out they did.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #1532

Feb 2012
Austria

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...e1&oe=5570EF95

"Snow White Ultra Collection, Fall 2016"
Old 04-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #1533
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak2000 View Post
"Snow White Ultra Collection, Fall 2016"
As noted in the Snow White thread, that was a fake
Old 04-05-2015, 03:54 AM   #1534

Apr 2015

Of the 50 or so movies in their Classics line, only The Black Cauldron seems to be missing on Blu. We are just so lucky that Hercules and Hunchback saw the light of day.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #1535
Special Member

Oct 2008
Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnkid2000 View Post
Of the 50 or so movies in their Classics line, only The Black Cauldron seems to be missing on Blu. We are just so lucky that Hercules and Hunchback saw the light of day.
And Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music & Melody Time... all official canon titles.
Have: Big Hero 6 steelbook only, no discs, Man of Steel steelbook
Wants are in my wishlist.

My Trade/Sell Thread (Blu-ray, Slipcovers & DVD)
Old 04-06-2015, 02:33 AM   #1536

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelPrince1986 View Post
And Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music & Melody Time... all official canon titles.
Looking like we will get announcements for at least two of those titles in a month if last year is any indication. I do not see why Disney could not knock all of them out by the end of the year, TBC included.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:40 AM   #1537

Jul 2011

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but the Caballeros double feature DVD appears to be out of print...

http://www.amazon.com/Saludos-Amigos...=B0012RLXBU&m=

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/classic-...Nq8nBstIzhGOjQ
Thanks given by:
stevemcqueen83 (04-06-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status