COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$27.33
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
The Machinist (Blu-ray)
$6.94
Dumbo (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
El Mariachi / Desperado (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction

Old 03-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #301
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

^^ Thanks!

Yeah, our realtor said that our house shows better then some model houses. And he said that the basement is on the short list of every mans HAHA

I'm going to be sad, but it's for the best. For now, I've been plowing through my movies while I can enjoy them in all their glory. I ended up watching 2 movies last nice. I plan to watch another 3 later this evening

Hopefully 4K projectors are around $10K (and less) once I start this project up at our new place next year...
JVC DLA-RS55 4K Shift Projector, 100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
*New unfinished basement is currently under construction* The new build thread!
64" Samsung PN64D8000 3D Plasma, Samsung BD-D5500 3D Bluray player
Main Floor: Samsung UN55D7000 LED 3DTV, Samsung BD-D5500
Beadroom: Panasonic TC-P50ST30 3D Plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT110 3D Bluray player
Final Fantasy Black Cloud 160GB J-PS3, Xbox 360 Elite

Last edited by EMAGDNIM; 03-16-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #302
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM View Post
^^ Thanks!

Yeah, our realtor said that our house shows better then some model houses. And he said that the basement is on the short list of every mans HAHA

I'm going to be sad, but it's for the best. For now, I've been plowing through my movies while I can enjoy them in all their glory. I ended up watching 2 movies last nice. I plan to watch another 3 later this evening

Hopefully 4K projectors are around $10K (and less) once I start this project up at our new place next year...
You staying local or heading out of the west end? I have dreams of unfinished basements, what I wouldn't give for a blank slate!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #303
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
You staying local or heading out of the west end? I have dreams of unfinished basements, what I wouldn't give for a blank slate!
I'm staying local. We were looking at Oakville, and Mississauga but decided to stick around after finding a house that suits our style of living. There were things we didn't want to give up (9ft ceilings, hardwood floors and stairs, a larger kitchen), but we ended up getting a lot on our check list AND more.

Just a quick update for you guys. The house was sold in just 4 days And they loved the basement so much, that they had asked for almost everything in it (chairs, lights, projector, screen).

We worked something out for them since it was their first house (younger couple). It turns out that he was a BIG Man United fan, so I'm not as sad to leave the space.

If it were a Chelsea guy, he would have paid more

So its official. It's been a blast guys, and I'll be leaving these pictures up and I'll be somewhat updating this thread till we leave.

As for having a blank canvas. It's super nice I get to design everything from the ground up again. The next time it won't be such a rush to get everything done. I've already started thinking about what I want to do (And created a basement folder on my MBP HAHA).

My wife is totally on board for a fully dedicated room in the new place I think my wife had seen how sad I was talking about the work that I had put into the space while describing what I had done with our realtor.

She was asking me what I have planned for our new house over dinner last night.

In the end, we are able to move into a larger detached house with very little added to our mortgage. And that's what makes me the happiest

It's been quite the experience guys, and I'd like to thank EVERYONE who's helped me out along the way. I hope that many of you are able to take something away from this build

Don't worry, I'll be hanging about... HT stuff is too hard to kick...
JVC DLA-RS55 4K Shift Projector, 100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
Old 03-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #304

Sep 2009
colchester Vermont
Send a message via Yahoo to 86surf

Nice. Sounds like the hard work on your house paid off.
Home Theater
118" white matte spandex curved screen
JVC DLA-X3 projector
Playstation3 500gig w/move
Pioneer Elite VSX-53 Receiver
Polk Audio TSi300, CS10 center, side surr f/x 300i's dipole speakers, rear surr MCM dipole speakers,Modified Audiosource 15 240 watt sub
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #305
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Good to hear. I'll be following your new build.
Mancave Man

Two Channel
Yamaha: CX-1000, B-6, T-85, CDX-5000, YP-D8, Cambridge Audio: 640P, Oppo: BDP-83, Klipsch: Klipschorns Modded with ALK Universal Crossovers & Crites CT-125 Tweeters.
Home Theater
Panasonic: PT-AE7000U, Elite: TE106HW2, Samsung: LN52B750, Marantz: AV8801, Parasound: 5250 V.2, Oppo: BDP-93, Toshiba: HD-A35, JBL Synthesis: PT800 (4), PC600, PS1400 (2), HTPS400 (4)
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #306

Sep 2009
Colorado

Oh man!! I really enjoyed reading the OP's thread until I got to the end, but thats ok my friend!! I did the same thing!! Yup..... I built up a dedicated HT room and recently sold it along with the whole HT setup (minus electronics and bluray movies) and even though it was sad to leave a wonderful hideout, I cannot wait to get into my new single family home in another State which offers a basement and just one day I will make another HT room

Congrats to you and your family on a new home purchase!!
Check list:
Projector: 8700ub
Processor: UMC200
Amp: UPA700
Speakers: Def Tech bp7006, clr2002, bp6, ProCinema600
Subwoofer's: Rythmik LV12r's
Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #307

Nov 2007

I don't know if it's the lighting or color scheme with the walls, but it looks so modern. My everyday entertainment room consists of roughly the same type of equipment and furniture you have. Mind you the paint all around is antique white. Regardless i enjoyed reading and viewing through the pics on your build.
MY SYSTEM
Klipsch RF-82 (Front Main)/Klipsch RC-52 (Center)
Klipsch RS-42 (Side Surround)/Klipsch RB-51 (Back Surround)
Polk R40 (Front Wide)
PSA XV15 (2 Subwoofers)
Sherwood A-965 (Amplifier)
Onkyo TX-NR818 (Processor)
Old 09-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #308
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!

I'm late to the party, but I've got an excuse...

Our first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86surf View Post
Nice. Sounds like the hard work on your house paid off.
Thank you! I'm happy that someone else will enjoy the space as much as I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
Good to hear. I'll be following your new build.
Thanks! I'll be sure to post it up once I get started. I've already started to gather pictures and plans for our new basement. I've even placed painters tape to visualize the space

There's double the space that I had in our town house, so I want to maximize it all. That being said, it's going to be twice the costs (and then some since I want a 4K projector) so the build pace is going to be a bit slower then this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picture_shooter View Post
Oh man!! I really enjoyed reading the OP's thread until I got to the end, but thats ok my friend!! I did the same thing!! Yup..... I built up a dedicated HT room and recently sold it along with the whole HT setup (minus electronics and bluray movies) and even though it was sad to leave a wonderful hideout, I cannot wait to get into my new single family home in another State which offers a basement and just one day I will make another HT room

Congrats to you and your family on a new home purchase!!
Yeah I feel you! I sometimes forget that I can't go into the basement to watch stuff. I'm stuck watching on the plasma for my "big screen".

Be sure to post the build up whenever you start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninoloco7 View Post

I don't know if it's the lighting or color scheme with the walls, but it looks so modern. My everyday entertainment room consists of roughly the same type of equipment and furniture you have. Mind you the paint all around is antique white. Regardless i enjoyed reading and viewing through the pics on your build.
Thanks! The colours really came together and I was REALLY happy with the results. I can thank my wife for that
Old 11-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #309
Special Member

Jan 2009
NC

As a fellow soccer fan this looks awesome, you did great job (even if you support united)
Panasonic AE4000 |Jamestown 125" 2.35 Screen | Elite 120" 1.78 Screen
Sony PS3 Slim | Marantz SR 5004 | Emotiva XPA-3
LRC - EMP TEK E55Ti's & E56Ci | Surrounds - Polk Audio Monitor 30's, OWM3's | Subs - 2 eD A2-300s
PSN ID - xXBen_RichardsXx
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction