Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
21 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 12-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #11501

Aug 2014
Default Non-advertised digital copies

Welp, after months of eyeballing DMC, I finally enrolled for the first time last week. I placed an enrollment order and also a hefty order of 3D films. Just waiting on the enrollment movies to come in at this point. In the mean time...

Are there instances of movies including a digital copy despite that not being advertised in the description?

I got the $20 Google Play credit from buying a Chromecast and I'm trying to decide what digital Disney movie I want to buy. Ideally I want to grab something that I can't get a digital copy packaged with a physical copy.

I was looking at Oliver and Company and can't find any versions on the web that advertise a digital copy, yet I came upon a thread on a forum that implied someone got a digital copy with O&C.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #11502

Jan 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatATatTatt View Post
Welp, after months of eyeballing DMC, I finally enrolled for the first time last week. I placed an enrollment order and also a hefty order of 3D films. Just waiting on the enrollment movies to come in at this point. In the mean time...

Are there instances of movies including a digital copy despite that not being advertised in the description?

I got the $20 Google Play credit from buying a Chromecast and I'm trying to decide what digital Disney movie I want to buy. Ideally I want to grab something that I can't get a digital copy packaged with a physical copy.

I was looking at Oliver and Company and can't find any versions on the web that advertise a digital copy, yet I came upon a thread on a forum that implied someone got a digital copy with O&C.
If you don't see "Digital Copy" or "Digital HD" advertised in the product description or on the image of the product packaging, then it's pretty safe to assume that the product does not include a digital copy.

And I believe you are correct - I don't know of any releases of Oliver and Company that include a digital copy.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #11503
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011

Quote:

You could always ask around in the digital copy forum as well - the regulars there may know more about this stuff: http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167. Although I agree with the member above - normally if there is a digital copy included, it's pretty well noted on the case and in the description.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #11504
Special Member

Sep 2012
Maine

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D is on backorder.

Just an FYI
Free advice: If you're a banned member who decided to return with a new account because you clearly can't live without the forum, at least try to change your posting style a little so no one can really tell it's you. ;)
Old 12-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #11505

Dec 2010
Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcun05 View Post
The one I received a couple months ago didn't come with a slipcover.
Nuts, that's too bad. How about Captain America Winter Soldier 3D, is that one still coming with a slip?
Old 12-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #11506
Special Member

Dec 2010

First time getting shot down on titles (Wind Rises, Mononoke, etc ) - so guess i will try back after the holidays
Old 12-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #11507

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
If you don't see "Digital Copy" or "Digital HD" advertised in the product description or on the image of the product packaging, then it's pretty safe to assume that the product does not include a digital copy.

And I believe you are correct - I don't know of any releases of Oliver and Company that include a digital copy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhage01 View Post
You could always ask around in the digital copy forum as well - the regulars there may know more about this stuff: http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167. Although I agree with the member above - normally if there is a digital copy included, it's pretty well noted on the case and in the description.
Thanks for the input, guys. I also believe that is the case - that one thread just threw me off. I might have to use that Google Play credit on Oliver and Company, after all!

Quote:
Welp, after months of eyeballing DMC, I finally enrolled for the first time last week. I placed an enrollment order and also a hefty order of 3D films. Just waiting on the enrollment movies to come in at this point.
Speak of the devil, my enrollment offer just came in the mail! Here's my official haul with my enrollment plus my first additional order.

[Show spoiler]

Enrollment
Hercules
Mickey-Donald-Goofy The Three Musketeers
Mickey's Christmas Carol
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Winnie the Pooh A Very Merry Pooh Year
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
+ Mickey blanket

2nd Order
Toy Story 3D
Toy Story 2 3D
Toy Story 3 3D
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3 3D
Captain America The First Avenger
Frankenweenie 3D
Monsters, Inc 3D
Monsters University 3D
The Little Mermaid 3D
Bold 3D

All came with slips except for A Very Merry Pooh Year and Frankenweenie. I did receive the bonus DMR points with my enrollment.

Last edited by RatATatTatt; 12-17-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Thanks given by:
incoherent (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #11508
Special Member

Sep 2012
Maine

Quote:
Captain America The First Avenger 3D
Say what?
Free advice: If you're a banned member who decided to return with a new account because you clearly can't live without the forum, at least try to change your posting style a little so no one can really tell it's you. ;)
Old 12-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #11509

Nov 2012
Secret City

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi2loc View Post
Say what?

That's what I was thinking. That is a 2D slip in the picture though.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #11510

Aug 2014

Quote:
Say what?
Sorry, got a little too excited with the 3Ds. That is indeed a 2D Cap.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #11511

Nov 2012
Secret City

Quote:
Sorry, got a little too excited with the 3Ds. That is indeed a 2D Cap.
Nice order though. All of them look pretty good to great in 3D.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #11512
Special Member

Sep 2012
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookymeister View Post
First time getting shot down on titles (Wind Rises, Mononoke, etc ) - so guess i will try back after the holidays
Did they create an account for you before you gave them the catalog numbers?
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #11513

Apr 2011
USA

Finally got my films. All had slips that look perfect afaik.

Also included a photo of the free gift (dmr code) which was floating in the paperwork. I had heard people mention it, I can definitely say I haven't seen one before.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PicsArt_1418862931299.jpg (105.8 KB, 235 views)
Thanks given by:
ejm69 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #11514
Special Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
Did they create an account for you before you gave them the catalog numbers?
I thought that was standard procedure, but i did ask them to clear my information out of the system and she said she would.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #11515
Special Member

Sep 2012
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookymeister View Post
I thought that was standard procedure, but i did ask them to clear my information out of the system and she said she would.
Usually you can ask them if the tittles you want are 'available' before they create an account for you, but in my experience, that's exactly how you get most ineligible titles denied. If they received your information just make sure they really cancelled your account, otherwise they will shut you down when you try to rejoin, and it takes around 2 weeks to sort that out.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals