Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.09
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Treme: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #3581
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw89 View Post
Do I need to file a dispute if I want to get my money back? I'd assume so since he hasn't responded to my emails anyway.
I assume you're talking about not getting an order?

Once he didn't send my package, so I sent a pair of polite emails to him.
When I got a response he was extremely nice and told me he would personally send it out the following day, and he did so.

Charge backs will only put you "on his list" lol. Try the official FB group?
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #3582
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthefrank View Post
What's the nature of the dispute?
Waited over a week for my films, I'm in the US so it shouldn't take this long and he hasn't responded to any of my emails.
TV: Panasonic TC-P42S60.
VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar
PSN ID: beatlemania63
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #3583
Special Member

Jun 2010
Isn't this where...we came in?

Quote:
Waited over a week for my films, I'm in the US so it shouldn't take this long and he hasn't responded to any of my emails.
Most titles have this disclaimer:
Quote:
THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 2 WEEKS. IF YOU CAN'T WAIT, PLEASE DON'T BUY IT.
What's not to understand about that?
If sales are good for Arrow Video's Sullivan's Travels then we might get a boxed set of Preston Sturges films from Arrow!
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (Today), Torchur (Today)
Old Today, 12:04 AM   #3584
Expert Member

Apr 2013
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Got mine yesterday. He's mailing out from LA. Give it a bit more.
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #3585

Aug 2012

And if you put a dispute with paypal, he will go ape crap and will probably stop pre books all together, or start cancelling everyone's pre books that he didnt ship out to tell everyone to start all over again, and will post your name and info on the forums so I would advise against it.

Basically, if you cant wait, do not preboook from him
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (Today), KFelon (Today), Torchur (Today)
Old Today, 12:35 AM   #3586
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionReleasing View Post
And if you put a dispute with paypal, he will go ape crap and will probably stop pre books all together, or start cancelling everyone's pre books that he didnt ship out to tell everyone to start all over again, and will post your name and info on the forums so I would advise against it.

Basically, if you cant wait, do not preboook from him
I didn't order pre books I ordered items in stock
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
Old Today, 01:05 AM   #3587
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
I didn't order pre books I ordered items in stock
Yeah, I'm still waiting on mine too. So far, I've had good luck ordering from Bill. I just wish he would post tracking numbers on Paypal. Thing is, the PO tries to charge people $1 for tracking. But even if you don't ask for it, a tracking number is still printed on the receipt...and is always valid when you look it up on usps.com. So bascially, the PO is trying to charge people $1 for tracking, when you get a valid track on the receipt anyway. So I don't know if Bill knows that. It wouldn't cost him a dime for those tracking numbers. You take those tracking numbers and start copying and pasting on Paypal.
Old Today, 01:28 AM   #3588
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
Yeah, I'm still waiting on mine too. So far, I've had good luck ordering from Bill. I just wish he would post tracking numbers on Paypal. Thing is, the PO tries to charge people $1 for tracking. But even if you don't ask for it, a tracking number is still printed on the receipt...and is always valid when you look it up on usps.com. So bascially, the PO is trying to charge people $1 for tracking, when you get a valid track on the receipt anyway. So I don't know if Bill knows that. It wouldn't cost him a dime for those tracking numbers. You take those tracking numbers and start copying and pasting on Paypal.

I asked a clerk about the tracking number on a package I mailed since I hadn't requested tracking, he said it was for internal use. Those are coded "PID", - they're not retail tracking numbers. At least that's what the clerk told me.
Selling Shout Factory BD of Halloween II on Amazon with the Universal disc that includes Terror In the Aisles if anyone is interested. EDIT: SOLD
Old Today, 01:35 AM   #3589
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I asked a clerk about the tracking number on a package I mailed since I hadn't requested tracking, he said it was for internal use. Those are coded "PID", - they're not retail tracking numbers. At least that's what the clerk told me.
They're lying to ya or the clerks are just unaware. Probably the later. I sell a lot of blu-rays and dvds on Ebay. For at least a year now, those tracking numbers on the receipts are indeed valid and can be used over at usps.com. Give it a shot next time. How the postmaster general hasn't caught onto this yet, is beyond me.
Old Today, 01:38 AM   #3590
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
It's only been a week or so. Most of us have waited 2 weeks+ for our orders. You have 45 days to file a dispute. Filing a frivolous dispute ruins it for everyone, because then he won't be able to do business for who knows how long while Paypal sorts it out.
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (Today)
Old Today, 05:28 AM   #3591
Power Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Red Twitter
Might do 4 bundle pack for december. all horror this time.
Doesn't specify format, but all the bundles so far have been blu-ray only.

Source: https://twitter.com/CODEREDDVD/statu...02580674605057

Last edited by Undeadcow; Today at 05:34 AM.
Old Today, 06:44 AM   #3592
Special Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Seriously...? Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? Get a grip -- it's been a week -- one week.
Thanks given by:
Kevin Coed (Today)
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #3593
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Seriously...? Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? Get a grip -- it's been a week -- one week.
I don't care how ridiculous it sounds, there has been ZERO communication and he has my money, I should expect my product or at least a courtesy email telling me it's taking a bit longer than expected.
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
Old Today, 07:16 AM   #3594
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
The Ocean State

Quote:
I don't care how ridiculous it sounds, there has been ZERO communication and he has my money, I should expect my product or at least a courtesy email telling me it's taking a bit longer than expected.
I ordered mine back on Sep. 30th and I'm still waiting. I think Bill is just getting caught up from the prebooks. From what I hear, he doesn't always respond to emails, but he does normally ship things out very quickly when he's not busy with other matters or backlogged. In my personal opinion there is zero chance he will do you wrong. He is extremely honest and will send out everyone's orders. Just give it a bit more time.
”Always leave boiled rice out for mice and keep lamps dark out of pity for moths.” The ancients had this sort of concern, and it’s really the whole point of life, generation after generation. Without it, one can only be called a blockheaded carcass. - H.Z.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. - T.P.
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #3595
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
A bit of reading and research on this thread alone or anywhere else would have told you that Bill does not communicate well. Not to mention that his site specifically says 2 weeks to ship.

Like other people have said, you have 45 days to file a dispute. That's over 7 weeks. I would always allow 3 weeks Minimum before filing a lateness dispute with someone. He's a neurotic one man show.

Paypal disputes are the kind of thigs that **** everyone over when it comes to Bill. He stopped shipping international because of them at first, and he still
Complains of people like you filing disputes after ridicolous times, one of which, was actually for a one week when he said two weeks.
Old Today, 07:36 AM   #3596
Power Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
I'm not sure how sophisticated the Big Cartel storefront system is, if it can even generate purchase confirmation e-mails. Bill might just expect the PayPal receipt you get is sufficient, and PayPal gives you a lot of safeguards. Aside from Bill's eccentric nature filing a dispute against any vendor can impede their business. Also, Code Red is a one man operation and Bill seems very organized but sending courtesy emails may be an allowance he doesn't have time for with order frequency and limited manpower.

Sometimes it's easy to assume the worst in people, but over the years Code Red has been reliable.
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #3597
Special Member

Jun 2010
Isn't this where...we came in?

We seriously need a thumbs down button next to the thumbs up one.
If sales are good for Arrow Video's Sullivan's Travels then we might get a boxed set of Preston Sturges films from Arrow!
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (Today)
Old Today, 09:11 AM   #3598

Jul 2014

Quote:
Hi Jordan,

You order your items on Oct 27, 2014 20:14:21 PDT. Taking a bit longer? You barely gave me 5 days on this transaction and you are now angry as hell??? YOU DID NOT PAY FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING. You only only gave me 3 1/2 days when you first posted your complaint.

Last edited by CODE RED DVD; Today at 09:19 AM.
Thanks given by:
billyearle (Today), fuzzymctiger (Today), Undeadcow (Today)
Old Today, 09:18 AM   #3599

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
It's only been a week or so. Most of us have waited 2 weeks+ for our orders. You have 45 days to file a dispute. Filing a frivolous dispute ruins it for everyone, because then he won't be able to do business for who knows how long while Paypal sorts it out.
Jordan bought the item Tuesday morning and he gave me no time. it's only freakin' friday and I am getting insulted by him on the web. charge back after 4 days. Geez
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #3600

Sep 2014

This is pure entertainment. Bill Olsen asking his customers to react appropriately and rationally
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors