Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 01-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #981

Jan 2014

I never bought True Lies on DVD because I kept waiting for a better disc. I feel like it's been so long since I have seen that movie at this point I barely remember it.

Definitely looking forward to The Abyss quite a lot though. Love me some pre-Titanic Cameron.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #982

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
P.S. - I forgot that there was indeed an earlier Aliens BD.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #983

Sep 2009
Toronto, Canada
Unhappy

I am really really upset The Abyss has not been released yet on blu ray. Its one of my all time favourite movies.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #984
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Definitely looking forward to The Abyss quite a lot though. Love me some pre-Titanic Cameron.
Same. He certainly had a golden period, just like Carpenter.
I mostly come out at night...mostly.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #985

Oct 2009

the newly remastered Alan Silvestri Score sounds really good-
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #986

Dec 2009

Quote:
I never bought True Lies on DVD because I kept waiting for a better disc. I feel like it's been so long since I have seen that movie at this point I barely remember it.

Years ago prior to the Blu-ray format being introduced when I had Comcast I used to capture HD broadcasts from their Motorola HD DVR via the firewire port, then re-encoding and burning to DVD. Have been the proud owner of True Lies on DVD in Anamorphic Widescreen and DD 5.1 ever since. Sadly hard drive space back then was to be had at a premium, so I deleted the *.ts file after re-encoding and building the video_ts folder for burning to DVD. Not sure what the source materials were for the HD broadcast, but the *.ts file put the retail DVD to shame and the DVD I worked up still offered a significant improvement. Can't wait for both True Lies and The Abyss to arrive on Blu-ray. Will be a great day indeed.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #987
Special Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamneedle View Post
+1.

Jacob
My ALL TIME FAVORITE FILMS:

1) Superman: The Movie2) The Abyss 3) Batman 89 4) Star Wars 1977 5) Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
6) The Fly 1986 7) LOTR: Fellowship Of The Ring 8) Superman 2/Donner Cut 9) Batman Returns 10) Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Old 02-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #988

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouCoupDinkyDau View Post
Same. He certainly had a golden period, just like Carpenter.
He's still in it. You don't get the two highest grossing films of all time if you're still not in your golden period.

But I digress.

It's probably been brought up before but could the long delay of The Abyss be that Cameron is post-converting it to 3D ala Titanic?
Old 02-06-2014, 06:33 AM   #989
Power Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerThompson View Post
He's still in it. You don't get the two highest grossing films of all time if you're still not in your golden period.

But I digress.

It's probably been brought up before but could the long delay of The Abyss be that Cameron is post-converting it to 3D ala Titanic?
I would say no since Cameron himself said Abyss wouldn't make sense money wise but he said T2 is a pretty safe bet IF it gets made in 3D. And I just want it in really good 2D quality like Aliens
Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #990

Jun 2010
Clinton, MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamneedle View Post
One of my favorite scores ever. Just beautiful. I can't say that for most recent scores. (BRAAAAM!).
Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #991

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Eagle 74 View Post
One of my favorite scores ever. Just beautiful. I can't say that for most recent scores. (BRAAAAM!).
Tangent Alert!!

Old 02-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #992
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Eagle 74 View Post
It is nice, but Mr Silvestri's scores do have a certain sameyness to them. And Cameron's liner notes for the new CD wound me up as well: "...the score transforms moments and images into experimental magic. I thank him for your tears of joy" - wut? It reads like something nagysaudio would write.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:32 AM   #993

Mar 2010

Quote:
Love me some pre-Titanic Cameron.

I agree....considering he has only made one film since Titanic.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 AM   #994

Feb 2014
QLD, Australia

Was surprised to find True Lies wasn't out already, but glad it's coming this year. One of my favourites.

"Have you ever killed anyone?"

"Yeah, but they were all bad."
Old 03-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #995

Jan 2006
Wales

Dear god! How long do I have to wait for The Abyss on Blu Ray!?!
How much longer do I have to get by with a 14 year old non-anamorphic DVD!!?!

Is Van Ling still involved? Can someone give him or James Cameron a kick up the arse!

Are we still waiting for Cameron to lug his old CRT TV down to the Blu Ray authoring studio? Damnit Cameron! We have LED flatscreens now man!*

*Joke.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #996

Jan 2011

With two of the actors saying online that they participated on extras for a future blu-ray...i'd say that it is for sure coming out. If for some reason these both don't come out...I will be VERY disappointed. True Lies is one of my all time favorite action movies and perhaps my favorite fun Schwarzenegger movie. Not having this on blu on blu is crazy...especially when you think of all of the smaller companies releasing the obscure movies properly in 16:9 and on Blu. Who seriously would think that we would have a rare film like Equus on Blu in 2014, and Sorceress, a rare Corman title coming out on Blu before True Lies..one of the top grossing movies of 1994 and one of Schwarzeneggers top rated movies. We got An American Tail and A Chipmunk Adventure on Blu before this! (mind you I am not knocking those two movies..I have one already and the other on pre-order) it's just the principle that for some reason it has been almost impossible to even think that we would get catalog animation released properly by non-disney companies on blu-ray. Heck, sometimes even Disney drops the ball with DNR and incorrect ratios. Long story short, this has been delayed so many times and has been a LONG time coming. It and the Abyss are on my blu holy grail lists so them coming out will be a revelation to me.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #997
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapples101 View Post
Dear god! How long do I have to wait for The Abyss on Blu Ray!?!
I feel yah, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerThompson View Post
You don't get the two highest grossing films of all time if you're still not in your golden period.
The quality of his storytelling has been dropping off since Titanic. He's become more and more focused on the technical aspects of moviemaking, and thus his newer films do not hold up as well as his older ones. Like Lucas, he did better quality work when saddled with the restrictions of budget and F/X limitations. He had to use story and character to make up for what couldn't be shown on screen.
I mostly come out at night...mostly.

Last edited by BouCoupDinkyDau; 03-12-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #998

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
He had to use story and character to make up for what couldn't be shown on screen.
It's really amazing that T2, a movie about time-traveling robots that fight each other has characters that learn and grow as people. Little John Conner goes from being a live-action version of Bart Simpson to a mature and responsible "adult". Sarah goes from being bats*** nutty and almost willing to kill someone in order to save the rest of humanity, but eventually comes to grips with it. Even learns to make peace with the same machine that once tried to kill her. And as for the Terminator? The machine that was built for no reason other than to kill learns the value of human life.

Then you have Titanic. A thinly disguised re-make of Romeo and Juliet.

Then you have Avatar. A thinly disguised remake of Dances With Wolves.

::Sigh::
Old 03-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #999
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:

The quality of his storytelling has been dropping off since Titanic. He's become more and more focused on the technical aspects of moviemaking, and thus his newer films do not hold up as well as his older ones. Like Lucas, he did better quality work when saddled with the restrictions of budget and F/X limitations. He had to use story and character to make up for what couldn't be shown on screen.

Well said, I completely agree. It's sad, really...
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 03-22-2014, 06:14 AM   #1000

Jun 2013
Canada

Whoa... after casually reading the thread, I am surprised that I haven't seen this movie since it came out in the theatre and subsequently on VHS.

Tempted to buy it on DVD but I think I'll wait for the Blu-ray. C'mon Jim, quit molesting dolphins with your big geek sub.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists