Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.91
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
Mud (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Salvation (Blu-ray)
$8.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: World War Z -- Which version are you buying?
Standard 2D BD/DVD 78 17.29%
Standard 3D BD/2D BD/DVD 98 21.73%
Best Buy 2D BD/DVD with alternate slipcover 68 15.08%
Target 2D BD/DVD with booklet 89 19.73%
Target 3D BD/2D BD/DVD with booklet 76 16.85%
Walmart 2D BD/DVD with streaming Q-&-A 15 3.33%
Walmart 3D BD/2D BD/DVD with streaming Q-&-A 21 4.66%
Non-USA version 28 6.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 02:56 AM   #1121
poke smot poke smot is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
poke smot's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
813
12
121
31
90
Default

I too couldn't find the 3d exclusive on day 1. I had to piece one together on e schmay.
I saw a django steelbook at target today. they better stock man of steel well on day one.
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Samsung pn51f8500, Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #1122
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
516
130
55
10
Default

Got some free PPV certificates from Dish and this was my first choice. Got to the part where they get rescued to the carrier and had to go and buy a copy. Found one of the Wal-Mart copies with streaming used at Amazon. Best looking zombie flick I've seen since since the 2004 Dawn of The Dead remake.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #1123
Rinzler Rinzler is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Rinzler's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
447
125
3
1
Default

For those with a military ID and a military base they go to, the AAFES store will have the WWZ BD combo pack for $5 on Black Friday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #1124
oly oly is offline
Expert Member
 
oly's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
507
180
Default

I purchased the BB exclusive over Black Friday and it came with a code for the 30 minute featurette via Cinema Now. Anyone want it? I don't. First to quote me gets it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #1125
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
392
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oly View Post
I purchased the BB exclusive over Black Friday and it came with a code for the 30 minute featurette via Cinema Now. Anyone want it? I don't. First to quote me gets it.
I'll take it
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1126
jvorhees jvorhees is offline
Expert Member
 
jvorhees's Avatar
 
May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake
-
-
6
21
Default

How big is Matthew Fox's role in this? Im really on the fence about picking this up....$7.99 is about the right price but I don't really like the idea of Brad Pitt leading a zombie film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #1127
eiknarf eiknarf is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
eiknarf's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
New York
357
12
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorhees View Post
How big is Matthew Fox's role in this? Im really on the fence about picking this up....$7.99 is about the right price but I don't really like the idea of Brad Pitt leading a zombie film.
M. Fox's role is almost nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #1128
Filmmaker Filmmaker is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Filmmaker's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)
1093
589
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorhees View Post
How big is Matthew Fox's role in this?
Did you just blink? Sorry, then you missed it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #1129
jvorhees jvorhees is offline
Expert Member
 
jvorhees's Avatar
 
May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake
-
-
6
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
M. Fox's role is almost nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Did you just blink? Sorry, then you missed it.

Really liked his work on Lost, so that at least would have been a drawing point to take the plunge on this. Thanks for the info.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #1130
Rinzler Rinzler is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Rinzler's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
447
125
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorhees View Post
Really liked his work on Lost, so that at least would have been a drawing point to take the plunge on this. Thanks for the info.
He was great in Speed Racer though!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #1131
nolfoc nolfoc is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2008
-
108
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Did you just blink? Sorry, then you missed it.
he was in the movie for a good period of time but when the reshoots happen they pretty much canned his scenes. Honestly I'm glad they did; a Human villain would have been stupid for this type of movie

Quote:
Matthew Fox had a bigger role in the film. He was a supporting character who in the end would be set up as a (human) villain for the sequel. Due to the constant re-writes and editing, his role in the final cut was reduced down to only 5 lines of dialogue
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #1132
ditcin ditcin is offline
Senior Member
 
ditcin's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
NY
380
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
He was great in Speed Racer though!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #1133
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
2468
191
90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
he was in the movie for a good period of time but when the reshoots happen they pretty much canned his scenes. Honestly I'm glad they did; a Human villain would have been stupid for this type of movie
I disagree, and hope that when/if the sequel comes out, we get those scenes back in some form or fashion. Thinking that the loss of society will united every single soul on the planet as one, is ludicrous. There are those that will further their own means, and Fox has already demonstrated he can play an excellent villain. Look no further than The Walking Dead to see that while as bad as a Zombie Apocalypse can be...having evil humans is much worse. At least that's how I see it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #1134
jurassic_pork jurassic_pork is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
jurassic_pork's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
District 13
498
4
224
Default

Anyone have extra posters from the Regal Cinema showings? I have extra's of the green bomb version and looking to trade with someone that might have extra ones of the gas mask. Let me know

Samsung 61" S6187W 1080p DLP
Onkyo TX-SR705 7.1 THX
PS4
PS3 80GB
Fat PS2
PSN: tony_roach
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #1135
Crimson King Crimson King is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
19
9
USA

Does any of the 2D BD's contain the theatrical cut?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #1136
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
392
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Does any of the 2D BD's contain the theatrical cut?
Not that I'm aware of. It's only on the DVD, and 3D disc versions (and digitally too)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #1137
FlogginMcMurry FlogginMcMurry is offline
Member
 
FlogginMcMurry's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
213
539
25
1
Default

I just bought this last night from WalMart.
I been looking for the "Zombie Town Hall" feature, which is why I bought the disc (Max Brooks and George Romero?! C'mon!). Originally I was going to post here asking "Where is it?" as I had investigated the BluRay and DVD discs.
Then I found that it's only available on Vudu, streaming (what a rip off).
So I investigated the slip case some more, and found the fine print had read that "Terms and conditions apply. See back for details. Offer expires 12/31/2013. Code found on back of this sticker".

So now I know where the code is... but, really?
It's the beginning of March and I just bought a NEW copy of this movie from WalMart with an expired code for their exclusive content?
And they had TONS of copies on BluRay, BluRay3D, and DVD all still with stickers, so it's not like I grabbed the one copy that has survived shelf life for the past 5-6 months.

So do I have options for my next step?
I haven't peeled back the sticker and I have never handled Vudu before. If I were to contact WalMart, could they supply a new code? If not, is there someone else to call, like a hotline for Paramount for anything?
Could the expired code be referring to something else or is it, specifically my bonus feature?

I have honestly lost interest in owning this right now.
The movie was ok in theaters, but I had decided I wouldn't get it unless I saw it cheap, like $10 or less. I bought this at $25 and already I have lost an hour of advertised features.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #1138
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.
53
1499
137
133
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurry View Post
I just bought this last night from WalMart.
I been looking for the "Zombie Town Hall" feature, which is why I bought the disc (Max Brooks and George Romero?! C'mon!). Originally I was going to post here asking "Where is it?" as I had investigated the BluRay and DVD discs.
Then I found that it's only available on Vudu, streaming (what a rip off).
So I investigated the slip case some more, and found the fine print had read that "Terms and conditions apply. See back for details. Offer expires 12/31/2013. Code found on back of this sticker".

So now I know where the code is... but, really?
It's the beginning of March and I just bought a NEW copy of this movie from WalMart with an expired code for their exclusive content?
And they had TONS of copies on BluRay, BluRay3D, and DVD all still with stickers, so it's not like I grabbed the one copy that has survived shelf life for the past 5-6 months.

So do I have options for my next step?
I haven't peeled back the sticker and I have never handled Vudu before. If I were to contact WalMart, could they supply a new code? If not, is there someone else to call, like a hotline for Paramount for anything?
Could the expired code be referring to something else or is it, specifically my bonus feature?

I have honestly lost interest in owning this right now.
The movie was ok in theaters, but I had decided I wouldn't get it unless I saw it cheap, like $10 or less. I bought this at $25 and already I have lost an hour of advertised features.
Your best option is to email VUDU and see if they'll give you a code that will work.
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
PSN: HD_Goofnut
World of Tanks: HD_Goofnut
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #1139
PeterTHX PeterTHX is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurry View Post
Then I found that it's only available on Vudu, streaming (what a rip off).
So I investigated the slip case some more, and found the fine print had read that "Terms and conditions apply. See back for details. Offer expires 12/31/2013. Code found on back of this sticker".
Did you actually try to redeem the code and get rejected?

Plenty of times I've seen "expired" codes that work. Some don't. But I tried.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #1140
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
392
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurry View Post
So do I have options for my next step?
I haven't peeled back the sticker and I have never handled Vudu before. If I were to contact WalMart, could they supply a new code? If not, is there someone else to call, like a hotline for Paramount for anything?
Could the expired code be referring to something else or is it, specifically my bonus feature?
How about you try the code first before ranting, or complaining to Walmart.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.