Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.98
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #541
Banned

Nov 2011
NC
-

has anyone ordered this recently? I was wondering if copies are still shipping with a slipcover
Old 07-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #542

Aug 2008
UK

Hi I was wondering if any fellow forum members would be able to source one of these for me with a mint slip?

I can either pay cash or can return the favour by sending some UK titles if that is what you would prefer.

Thanks in advance

Anthony
Old 07-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #543
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

I had a lot of fun revisiting Prince of Darkness last night by way of this Scream Factory Blu-ray.

Prince of Darkness looks quite good to me on this transfer. There are a lot of comments about artificial sharpening, but the movie has always had this uncannily sharp look to my eyes. I saw it at the theater back in 1987, when I hung out with a bunch of metalhead high school friends who wore their Slayer - Reign In Blood T-shirts all over the place, and I saw it on VHS about a million times. The colors are better on this disc, of course. The green ooze in the church looks brilliant, and otherworldly look of the people in its thrall comes across well.

Watching this movie brought back a flood of memories from my days of hanging out with the head-banging metal crowd during those teen years. I'm glad that it still holds up today, and I can probably attribute a lot of that to the fact that I enjoy stories that mix science and religion.

I really enjoyed the commentary track with John Carpenter and Peter Jason. John Carpenter's new interview is engaging, even if he comes across as being overly bitter about the state of contemporary horror (I'd take his bitterness more seriously if his own movies from the past two decades had been better.). The Alice Cooper interview was the highlight of the supplements for me, though. I wish that an interview with Anne Marie Howard (radiologist, glasses) had been included, because I'd like to have known what she thought of that comic relief aspect of the movie.

To the slipcover crowd...

My local Movie Stop had Prince of Darkness with a perfect-condition slipcover. If there is a Movie Stop near you, then give it a shot.
Thanks given by:
cropsy (07-24-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America