Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #61
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Under your bed

Not like they're making a Sequel to Let the right one in, calling it let me right one in again. Or a sequel to Martyrs.

This movie has its fans like every other movie does. Not every movie has to be for everyone.
My Blu rays for sale Thread I forgive. But I never forget.
The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #62

Jun 2009
Roseville, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
"OMG!!!111 finally! This is a movie we NEED a sequel to! Will go see day 1!!"

-Said by no one ever
Well, I'll go see it day one.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #63
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:

-Said by blu-ray.com forum member VICTIM
fixed it
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #64
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Alaska

I'll see it when it comes out on blu-ray. Hopefully they improve on the original.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Quote:

-Said by no one ever
This movie has more of a following than the american dragon tattoo series!!!
Favorite Actors/Actresses:
Christian Bale
Emma Stone
Michael Fassbender
Jessica Chastain
Chris Hemsworth
Eva Green
Taylor Lautner
Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

So much wit going on in this thread...
City Is My Church
Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #67
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Universal Aiming for 2015 Release for SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN 2

Universal Pictures made its presentation to theater owners today at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, and Steve was onhand to get a look at what Universal has planned in the near future. While he’ll have his recap of the footage online a bit later, we wanted to share a couple of news tidbits that were announced during the panel which include updates on the Snow White and the Huntsman sequel and the next Bourne film. Hit the jump for more.

Universal Pictures chairman Adam Fogelson hosted the studio’s presentation at CinemaCon, and he revealed that they are currently aiming to release the sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman in 2015. After the fallout from the behind-the-scenes drama on the first film and a sizeable yet unremarkable box office (at least for a film budgeted at just under $200 million) for the Rupert Sanders-directed fantasy pic, movement on the SWATH sequel has been fairly slow. Star Kristen Stewart confirmed that she would be returning for the follow-up in December, and Fogelson affirmed just last month that Sanders would not be returning to direct.

With a possible 2015 release date looming, we should expect to hear news about a writer, director, and/or returning cast for Snow White and the Huntsman 2 soon. If SWATH 2 does indeed meet that date, 2015 will really be one massive year for movies as The Avengers 2, Ant-Man, Finding Dory, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, The Fantastic Four, and possibly Star Wars: Episode VII are all currently slated for a 2015 release.

Not dissimilar to the Snow White and the Huntsman sequel, movement on a follow-up to last year’s The Bourne Legacy has been equally ambiguous. The Jeremy Renner-fronted film failed to match the box office haul of its predecessors, but Fogelson announced today that Universal is “actively working” on another Bourne movie. Whether that means a Renner Bourne film, a Matt Damon Bourne film, or a Renner/Damon Bourne film is unclear, but Damon has been adamant in the past about the fact that he won’t return unless director Paul Greengrass comes back to the franchise as well with a story they feel is worth telling.

Tony Gilroy wrote and directed The Bourne Legacy and made no secret of the fact that he would like to continue on with subsequent films, so it’ll be interesting to see what kind of direction Universal is taking with the follow-up.
Source
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 07-31-2014, 11:57 PM   #68
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Universal Pictures has set dates for two of its major 2016 releases. The Snow White and the Huntsman prequel, The Huntsman, will hit theaters on April 22, 2016, while Alex Kurtzman's The Mummy will move from that date to June 24, 2016.

The Huntsman expands the world of Rupert Sanders' 2012 global, revealing how the fates of two characters, The Huntsman Eric and Ravenna, intersected before they met Snow White. Chris Hemsworth and Oscar winner Charlize Theron return to their roles for the new epic action-adventure. Three-time Oscar nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) directs and wrote the current draft of the screenplay, with earlier drafts by Craig Mazin and Evan Spiliotopoulos. Producer Joe Roth (Maleficent, Alice in Wonderland) once again leads the team in a breathtaking new tale from the legendary saga.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #69
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

No just no!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #70
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
No just no!
Why? The Huntsman was the best part of the movie so I welcome a movie that's all about him and his backstory.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #71
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011

After seeing the trailer I thought it was going to be my favorite movie of all time...after seeing the actual movie I don't even own it. Charlize Theorn made the trailer.

On another note they are in production for Narnia's: Silver Chair. I kind of wish they could get Theorn to play the witch of the Underworld!
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Old 08-01-2014, 04:03 AM   #72
Special Member

Aug 2009

I was really disappointed with the Snow White and the Huntsman. I had zero interest in this spin-off, but as soon as I read that Frank Darabont is directing this, I'm actually interested now. He is one of few director who does get me to get interested in a movie more than any actor or story line. I will give this prequel a chance.

But as for the original director, Rupert Sanders. I have no confidence that he can make any good movie. I blame him lot more than Kristen Stewart for making the movie so boring and long. I can't remember any exciting scene in the entire movie. What could have been epic battle scene like in Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, this director just ruins it. No excitement at all. And not just the action scenes, just about everything else was boring too. Only positive thing I could maybe say for the film was that costume design and visual effects were decent. His pacing, story telling, action, all sucked. Now I'm reading that he is in development to direct Ghost in the Shell movie. I really hope that doesn't happen.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:19 AM   #73
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
No just no!
But you're missing the best part of this prequel, and the key ingredient to it's eventual success: No Kristen Stewart.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #74
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

The best news from all of this is Frank Darabont is directing.
Favorite Actors/Actresses:
Christian Bale
Emma Stone
Michael Fassbender
Jessica Chastain
Chris Hemsworth
Eva Green
Taylor Lautner
Old 08-01-2014, 05:34 AM   #75
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

A prequel? After they dropped Stewart, I was thinking it might be cool if we got...

Sleeping Beauty and the Huntsman
Cinderella and the Huntsman
Old 08-01-2014, 05:53 AM   #76
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
I was thinking it might be cool if we got...

Sleeping Beauty and the Huntsman
Cinderella and the Huntsman
Simba and the Huntsman
Ariel and the Huntsman
Beauty and the Huntsman
Jasmine and the Huntsman

ahh, the sequels are endless!
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #77
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

I actually really liked Snow White and the Huntsman, but I'd welcome this as well. A solid director, and more Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman and Charlize Theron as... anything is welcome.
Last Watched: Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Episodes 7 & 8)
Last Bought: Snowpiercer
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies