Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/sxswnews.php?id=101337

Quote:
Last night at the post-premiere Q&A for the South by Southwest Film Festival premiere of Evil Dead, director Fede Alvarez revealed that they're already writing the sequel to the remake, which we're going to dub Evil Dead 2 until a better title comes along.

But just last week, Sam Raimi revealed that he and his brother Ted are working on a screenplay for an Evil Dead 4, which would presumably follow the further adventures of Bruce Campbell's Ash Williams.

Could they have been talking about the same project or is it possible that sometime in the future we may have competing Evil Dead franchises, both involving Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell? Not exactly.

According to Raimi's Ghost House Pictures producing partner Rob Tapert, they were never talking about doing an Evil Dead 4 but actually doing a direct sequel to Army of Darkness.

"That would be 'Army of Darkness 2,'" Tapert said, correcting the earlier news story when we talked to him at the movie junket. "Everybody calls it 'Evil Dead 4' but 'Army of Darkness' wasn't called 'Evil Dead' anywhere except by the fans."

And how does Bruce Campbell feel about returning as Ash? At the same Q&A last night, the actor told the audience that he's fine if the younger actors take over the franchise allowing his three movies to stand alone and apart, but if the Raimis are writing a fourth installment of their series, wouldn't that mean it would have to revolve around his character Ash?

"Sam threatens this every six months," he told us during the same interview. "I've heard this a thousand times, because in the back of his mind, he never wants to let go, because he loved making these movies. We all loved making them together. They were a nightmare to make, very difficult, but they lasted the test of time, so he's not going to let that go, and I'm never going to say 'no.' It'll be me and a walker fighting some other old guy. But that's what he does and who knows? It may happen."

And what about that sequel to Evil Dead, which played like gangbusters at SXSW last night? We asked Jane Levy if she had heard any of the crazy stuff they might do to her in the sequel, which she's already signed on to do.

"They haven't actually, but Shiloh has a secret," she said about her co-star who plays her brother in the upcoming remake. "He knows stuff but I don't, but I'm excited for it."

We'll try to post some of the video from this portion of the interview later on and the rest of it before Evil Dead opens nationwide on April 5.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #22
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Bangor, PA

Old 03-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Apparently there is a post credits scene in the new film, linking the two franchises together...I'm very curious to see how this will work.
So the speculations may lead to some potential truth perhaps? Interesting.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

Maybe
[Show spoiler]a Bruce Campbell cameo?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #25
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Bangor, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ian View Post
Maybe
[Show spoiler]a Bruce Campbell cameo?
[Show spoiler]Already mentioned in the Evil Dead remake thread.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
Default Evil Dead 4

Quote:
Bruce Campbell Confirms 'Army of Darkness 2'

Earlier this year, Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell produced a remake of their classic horror film, The Evil Dead. At the time, each spoke about wanting to return to the franchise for a fourth time with Army of Darkness 2. Simultaneously, Evil Dead remake director Fede Alvarez said he wanted to make a sequel to his film and, eventually, the two storylines would merge.

Since then, we havenít heard much about the potential films except Alvarez attaching himself to a slew of non-Evil Dead projects. That doesnít necessarily bode well, but Campbell was at Wizard World Nashville and confirmed Army of Darkness 2 was still happening. He even dropped a hint of what it might hold for everyoneís favorite S-Mart employee.

The follow quote came from ComicBook.com. Campbell was asked if he was going to make a sequel to Army of Darkness:

The last one was 22 years ago. I just havenít been racing to do it. Sam Raimi is just a little bit busy making the biggest movies in Hollywood. I use to be busy. Now Iím not. Thatís why Iím here. . . Ash would have to stop occasionally from chasing some deadite to catch his breath. Maybe we could do that, I guess. That would be exciting. Fight in a walker. That would be alright. Hit them with my cane. Fake them out, have a fake heart attack, distract a zombie. I like it. . . Alright sir, the answer is yes.

Old-man Ash, kicking deadite ass? Groovy. But while Campbell certainly sounded like he was joking before saying ďthe answer is yes,Ē we kind of already knew that. The bigger question is, ďHow far along is the script?Ē Since Alvarez is lining up other projects, the answer to that question is probably far less encouraging. Raimi doesnít have a directorial project currently locked in so he could be working on the script, but heís also busy producing the soon-to-film Poltergeist sequel at the moment. As heíd be directing, and likely co-writing, Army of Darkness 2, until he says something on the matter, donít hold your breath. Campbell will produce and star, but heís not the creative catalyst. This movie will eventually happen, but itís a few years away at least.
Source
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #27

Jun 2012

Yes please!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Dayton, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
Sam already said this about 4 or 5 years ago. I doubt it'll ever happen. But when it does, it needs more than just Sam and Bruce to return imo. The entire gang must come back. Here are some things that are a MUST in order for ED4 to be awesome.

1. Sam Raimi needs to direct
2. Sam needs to write the screenplay. Preferably along with either his brother Ivan or Scott Spiegel
3. Hire Peter Deming as the cinematographer
4. No CGI
5. Hire KNB FX Group
6. Bring Bruce back in shape
7. Let him use the chainsaw A LOT
8. Shoot on actual FILM
9. Joseph LoDuca MUST score the film
10. The film needs to be very tight and fast paced. So hire editor Kaye Davis. Did a wonderful job on ED2
11. Ted Raimi must at least have one cameo in the film haha
12. Lots of gore, yet don't forget the humor
13. Make it low budget
14. Sam's "classic" needs to make an appearance
15. The deadites must have white, soulless eyes
16. Don't make clumsy winky winky references to the first 3 films
17. Hire non-model like actors and actresses
18. Shoot in 1,85:1 for consistency
19. Don't use too many locations, keep it simple, yet compelling and tight
20. Bring Tom Sullivan back to design the Book of the Dead
Strassen in Flammen
Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #29
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Bangor, PA

Fede Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues Exit Evil Dead 2

Quote:
Back in March, Evil Dead director Fede Alvarez told a crowd at SXSW that work had begun on the script for a sequel to the hit remake.

Months later, when ShockTillYouDrop.com caught up to Alvarez at Comic-Con, it didn't sound like much progress had been made at all.

"When there's a story to be told, that's when the sequel is good ... We're just trying to figure out what story we want to tell," Alvarez said, implying a script didn't exist at all. Now comes word that Alvarez and his Evil Dead co-writer Rodo Sayagues are no longer on board the sequel.

Sayagues tells Gorosito.TV:

"Look, I am sorry to tell you this but that movie wonít happen. Evil Dead 2 is not going to happen, at least not with us involved. We left that project many months ago because we preferred to put our energies on other things. I donít know if the producers still have intentions of making it. But what I can tell you is that we are not part of that project."

When did things take such a rapid turn for the worse? There was such momentum. During WonderCon, Alvarez and Bruce Campbell teased multiple films and an Army of Darkness 2. The latter seems to be developing plenty of steam, however. Just recently, Alvarez confirmed Sam Raimi was going to helm the sequel to the '93 film.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110811

So I wonder what happen? And will a sequel to the remake continue? Or did Army of Darkness/ Evil Dead 4 take its place? Basically killing it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies