Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #41

Dec 2011
Vienna, VA

I picked this up at Best Buy today and none have slip cover. Is this just my store or all BB?
LG 55LW5300 + PS3 + Onkyo 609 + KEF speakers
Old 10-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #42
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Watched it today. Somehow it seems like a missed opportunity especially seeing how good 3d can be in CGI in other movies. The picture also felt a bit soft compared to previous versions.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #43

Dec 2008

Guys, the Secret of the Wings bluray will be released here in Brazil next week. I still don't know if I should get the 2D edition or the 3D+2D edition... I don't mind paying a little more for the 3D version since my family loves 3D, but I wonder if it's a good movie to watch in 3D? For Brave, I decided to get the 2D edition only, since I did not think the 3D was great in theaters... since we're on this, I'll be buying Nemo as well and would love to know if the 3D for it was good as well. Thank you so much!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #44
Special Member

Aug 2011

The 3D in brave added so much to the movie! I wouldn't watch it any other way!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #45

Jan 2013

this looks really cool.
gonna have to keep it in mind if price drops to 20.

taken from this very site.
Quote:
Secret of the Wings dazzles with a 1080p/AVC-encoded 2D stunner and a first-rate MVC-encoded 3D presentation. There's very little to complain about -- a spot of banding here and there, and a hint of infrequent aliasing when viewing the film in 3D -- and none of it constitutes an issue. Colors are rich and lovely, the lush earthtones and autumnal hues of Pixie Hollow are gorgeous, the vivid whites, icy blues and disarming violets of the Winter Woods are striking, and black levels remain deep and cavernous no matter the realm. Detail is direct-from-the-digital-tap impeccable, with crisp edges, pinpoint textures and pixel-perfect specks of fairy dust, and every last nuance of the CG animation, simple though it may be on the whole, is rendered with the utmost care. The 3D experience doesn't disappoint either, lending plenty of additional depth and dimensionality to the image without resorting to style-over-substance gimmickry. Better still, videophiles whose 3D displays and glasses are prone to crosstalk don't have much to worry about, and even less to suffer through. Ultimately, both presentations are as pristine and proficient as they should be and there isn't anything on display that warrants a notable deduction. The 2D version does nudge past its 3D counterpart in their approach to sheer flawlessness, but even then, not by much.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #46
Special Member

Jul 2008

I saw the 3d version has the extra bonus adventure short but does the 2d version have it?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies