Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (Blu-ray)
$224.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.98
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.89
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Adult Beginners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #31481
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK

Great pickups there
I aim to misbehave....
Thanks given by:
Spiderwalk (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 PM   #31482

Apr 2014
Manchester, UK

image.jpg
Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B Plasma TV-THX Calibrated Video
Marantz UD7007 Blu-Ray Player Multi-Region
Marantz NR1403 AV Receiver
KEF HTS3001SE Satellites, KEF HTS3001SE Centre, KEF HTB2SE Subwoofer
Apple TV / Amazon Fire TV / Sky HD
QED Cables
Harmony Ultimate Remote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #31483
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderwalk View Post
Bought:

[Show spoiler]

I've just got back from a couple of days in London. I had a big old spend in Fopp yesterday, and the best bargain was the Truffaut collection 8 film box set for £25.
That Reichardt set is one of my favourites from last year. Wendy and Lucy is a lovely film, and Old Joy was very interesting and stuck with me afterwards. I've not watched Meek's Cutoff in HD yet but I loved that film when it was first released on DVD. I hope Soda are brave enough to release another box set soon...none so far this year, and it seems like they're cutting back on Blu-ray releases which is a shame - Jauja is one of my favourite films of the year and is DVD-only, and it looks like The Wonders might be too (which I haven't seen but does look good).

How is the transfer for Bad Lieutenant? And I'd be interested to know what's on the new Funny Games U.S. disc from Artificial Eye...could you tell us what the special features are (or even just screenshot the back)? Also, how much did you pay for it - if you don't mind me asking of course!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #31484
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
That Reichardt set is one of my favourites from last year. Wendy and Lucy is a lovely film, and Old Joy was very interesting and stuck with me afterwards. I've not watched Meek's Cutoff in HD yet but I loved that film when it was first released on DVD. I hope Soda are brave enough to release another box set soon...none so far this year, and it seems like they're cutting back on Blu-ray releases which is a shame - Jauja is one of my favourite films of the year and is DVD-only, and it looks like The Wonders might be too (which I haven't seen but does look good).

How is the transfer for Bad Lieutenant? And I'd be interested to know what's on the new Funny Games U.S. disc from Artificial Eye...could you tell us what the special features are (or even just screenshot the back)? Also, how much did you pay for it - if you don't mind me asking of course!
Regarding the Reichardt set, I've seen Wendy and Lucy before (which I really enjoyed) and I watched Old Joy ages ago on TV. I can't really remember too much about it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I also have a copy of Yo La Tengo's They Shoot We Score, which contains some brilliant music from the film.

I haven't checked out the Bad Lieutenant transfer yet, but I'm off tomorrow so I'll be right on it.

As far as I can see, there's no features listed on the back of Funny Games (does'nt mean there isn't any of course) I'll check that tomorrow too, and the price was a very wallet freindly £6.
Top Ten Most Wanted Blu-rays: Amphibian Man (1962) - Big Wednesday (1978) - Blow-Up (1966) - Danger: Diabolik (1968) - Martin (1978) - O Lucky Man! (1973) - Slaughterhouse-Five (1972) - The Final Programme (1973) - The Knack ...And How To Get It (1965) - Zabriskie Point (1970)
Thanks given by:
rapta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM   #31485
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Regarding the Reichardt set, I've seen Wendy and Lucy before (which I really enjoyed) and I watched Old Joy ages ago on TV. I can't really remember too much about it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I also have a copy of Yo La Tengo's They Shoot We Score, which contains some brilliant music from the film.

I haven't checked out the Bad Lieutenant transfer yet, but I'm off tomorrow so I'll be right on it.

As far as I can see, there's no features listed on the back of Funny Games (does'nt mean there isn't any of course) I'll check that tomorrow too, and the price was a very wallet freindly £6.
Wow, £6 already? It only just came out. Was that at Fopp? If there are any extras I might have to get that one even if I already own the Tartan release.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #31486
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Swapped my Blacklist Season 2 pre-order over to Amazon.it. Just under £22 delivered.
It's not out until Sept 23rd, but even with shipping I've saved a fiver, (I managed to pre-order the UK release before Amazon raised the price).

**edit** I've also moved Age of Ultron, Jurassic World and Terminator: Genysis across to Amazon.it. All 2D/3D combos.

Last edited by Sky_Captain; Yesterday at 10:45 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #31487
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Watched;

The ending is still screwed up.
"Old, not obsolete."
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #31488
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Watched
FA Cup Winners 2015
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #31489
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Wow, £6 already? It only just came out. Was that at Fopp? If there are any extras I might have to get that one even if I already own the Tartan release.
Yeah, £6 from Fopp. They had a whole rack of Artificial Eye/Curzon titles for £6 & £8. They also had the Truffaut, Ray, Carax and the Von Trier box sets for £25 each. The Funny Games disc has reference picture quality, but the only special feature is a trailer I'm afraid.

I'm guessing the UK release of Bad Lieutenant '92 is a direct port of the US release. The review on here for the Lionsgate version is pretty much how the FF release looks too me. The film has always looked pretty grubby though.
Top Ten Most Wanted Blu-rays: Amphibian Man (1962) - Big Wednesday (1978) - Blow-Up (1966) - Danger: Diabolik (1968) - Martin (1978) - O Lucky Man! (1973) - Slaughterhouse-Five (1972) - The Final Programme (1973) - The Knack ...And How To Get It (1965) - Zabriskie Point (1970)
Thanks given by:
rapta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #31490
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Yeah, £6 from Fopp. They had a whole rack of Artificial Eye/Curzon titles for £6 & £8. They also had the Truffaut, Ray, Carax and the Von Trier box sets for £25 each. The Funny Games disc has reference picture quality, but the only special feature is a trailer I'm afraid.

I'm guessing the UK release of Bad Lieutenant '92 is a direct port of the US release. The review on here for the Lionsgate version is pretty much how the FF release looks too me. The film has always looked pretty grubby though.
Yeah I saw they had a promotion on, but unfortunately I probably won't be able to get to a Fopp store anytime soon. Good prices for the box sets - I'd recommend the Ray one if you don't already have it! There are a few DVD sets I would pick up too assuming they're around a tenner (like the Jia Zhangke one, or maybe the Bela Tarr). Glad to hear Funny Games looks great, I might still pick that up at some point then but will keep the Tartan disc as it includes 'viral' trailers as well as an interview with Haneke and Q&A with the producers. Shame AE couldn't port those over but I'm guessing they just wanted to get it out cheaply and quickly (as it has been listed a few times before over the last couple of years but seemingly cancelled soon after).

Yeah I doubt Bad Lieutenant can look much better, was just interested in picking it up as I've still not seen the whole film. Might look out for the Fabulous Films release then! Cheers for following these up Spiderwalk
Thanks given by:
Spiderwalk (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #31491
Expert Member

Jun 2012
brinkworth, wiltshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
Watched
What did you think of it?? I brought it yesterday but have not seen it yet. I know a few people who have said the story is beyond ridiculous which they thought made it not very good.
" I bent my wookie!"
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #31492
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisW86 View Post
What did you think of it?? I brought it yesterday but have not seen it yet. I know a few people who have said the story is beyond ridiculous which they thought made it not very good.
The story is ridiculous i think if you leave that aside you will enjoy it if Besson went with a female assassin story instead it would have been a lot better.
FA Cup Winners 2015
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #31493
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK

^^ Wouldn't that essentially just make it Nikita?!

I enjoyed it, but yeah you're right, it helps not to ponder on the logic of it all too much.
I aim to misbehave....
Thanks given by:
tob (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #31494
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
^^ Wouldn't that essentially just make it Nikita?!

I enjoyed it, but yeah you're right, it helps not to ponder on the logic of it all too much.
I know but i rather another assassin story than to go something like Terence Malick.
FA Cup Winners 2015
Thanks given by:
CouncilSpectre (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #31495
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Scotland

Pre-ordered
MI:Rogue Nation steelbook
Star Wars Rebels Season 1
Pre-ordered
Steelbooks: Ant-Man, Cinderella, Kingsman (FilmArena exclusive), Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Terminator Genisys, Tomorrowland
Other: Jurassic World 3D, Jurassic World 3D (Amazon exclusive), Star Wars Rebels Season 1
Looking for
Star Wars saga slipbox only.
Rescuers, Oliver and Co. and Fox and the Hound slipcovers. Slips I need are in my collection under "Need slipcover"
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #31496

Apr 2009
Tipton, United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Watched:

TV: Panasonic TX-50AS650B LED 3D
BD: Panasonic SC-BT885 3D (B)
BD: Panasonic DMP-BD79 (A)

I don't know whether to hop, or skip, or jump... I know I'll can-can Baby Dawn
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #31497
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
In the dark, near the Tannhäuser Gate

Watched:
Phyllis: "I was just fixing some ice tea; would you like a glass?"
Walter: "Yeah, unless you got a bottle of beer that's not working"
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland