Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (Blu-ray)
$224.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.98
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.89
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Adult Beginners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #31481
CouncilSpectre CouncilSpectre is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
CouncilSpectre's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK
1772
898
1
22
Default

Great pickups there
I aim to misbehave....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Spiderwalk (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 PM   #31482
DGilberts DGilberts is offline
Senior Member
 
DGilberts's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Manchester, UK
26
554
4
12
Default

image.jpg
Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B Plasma TV-THX Calibrated Video
Marantz UD7007 Blu-Ray Player Multi-Region
Marantz NR1403 AV Receiver
KEF HTS3001SE Satellites, KEF HTS3001SE Centre, KEF HTB2SE Subwoofer
Apple TV / Amazon Fire TV / Sky HD
QED Cables
Harmony Ultimate Remote
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #31483
rapta rapta is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
rapta's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Hants, UK
916
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderwalk View Post
Bought:

[Show spoiler]



I've just got back from a couple of days in London. I had a big old spend in Fopp yesterday, and the best bargain was the Truffaut collection 8 film box set for £25.
That Reichardt set is one of my favourites from last year. Wendy and Lucy is a lovely film, and Old Joy was very interesting and stuck with me afterwards. I've not watched Meek's Cutoff in HD yet but I loved that film when it was first released on DVD. I hope Soda are brave enough to release another box set soon...none so far this year, and it seems like they're cutting back on Blu-ray releases which is a shame - Jauja is one of my favourite films of the year and is DVD-only, and it looks like The Wonders might be too (which I haven't seen but does look good).

How is the transfer for Bad Lieutenant? And I'd be interested to know what's on the new Funny Games U.S. disc from Artificial Eye...could you tell us what the special features are (or even just screenshot the back)? Also, how much did you pay for it - if you don't mind me asking of course!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #31484
Spiderwalk Spiderwalk is offline
Special Member
 
Spiderwalk's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
UK
665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
That Reichardt set is one of my favourites from last year. Wendy and Lucy is a lovely film, and Old Joy was very interesting and stuck with me afterwards. I've not watched Meek's Cutoff in HD yet but I loved that film when it was first released on DVD. I hope Soda are brave enough to release another box set soon...none so far this year, and it seems like they're cutting back on Blu-ray releases which is a shame - Jauja is one of my favourite films of the year and is DVD-only, and it looks like The Wonders might be too (which I haven't seen but does look good).

How is the transfer for Bad Lieutenant? And I'd be interested to know what's on the new Funny Games U.S. disc from Artificial Eye...could you tell us what the special features are (or even just screenshot the back)? Also, how much did you pay for it - if you don't mind me asking of course!
Regarding the Reichardt set, I've seen Wendy and Lucy before (which I really enjoyed) and I watched Old Joy ages ago on TV. I can't really remember too much about it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I also have a copy of Yo La Tengo's They Shoot We Score, which contains some brilliant music from the film.

I haven't checked out the Bad Lieutenant transfer yet, but I'm off tomorrow so I'll be right on it.

As far as I can see, there's no features listed on the back of Funny Games (does'nt mean there isn't any of course) I'll check that tomorrow too, and the price was a very wallet freindly £6.
Top Ten Most Wanted Blu-rays: Amphibian Man (1962) - Big Wednesday (1978) - Blow-Up (1966) - Danger: Diabolik (1968) - Martin (1978) - O Lucky Man! (1973) - Slaughterhouse-Five (1972) - The Final Programme (1973) - The Knack ...And How To Get It (1965) - Zabriskie Point (1970)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
rapta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM   #31485
rapta rapta is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
rapta's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Hants, UK
916
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderwalk View Post
Regarding the Reichardt set, I've seen Wendy and Lucy before (which I really enjoyed) and I watched Old Joy ages ago on TV. I can't really remember too much about it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I also have a copy of Yo La Tengo's They Shoot We Score, which contains some brilliant music from the film.

I haven't checked out the Bad Lieutenant transfer yet, but I'm off tomorrow so I'll be right on it.

As far as I can see, there's no features listed on the back of Funny Games (does'nt mean there isn't any of course) I'll check that tomorrow too, and the price was a very wallet freindly £6.
Wow, £6 already? It only just came out. Was that at Fopp? If there are any extras I might have to get that one even if I already own the Tartan release.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #31486
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1179
2
Default

Swapped my Blacklist Season 2 pre-order over to Amazon.it. Just under £22 delivered.
It's not out until Sept 23rd, but even with shipping I've saved a fiver, (I managed to pre-order the UK release before Amazon raised the price).

**edit** I've also moved Age of Ultron, Jurassic World and Terminator: Genysis across to Amazon.it. All 2D/3D combos.

Last edited by Sky_Captain; Yesterday at 10:45 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #31487
Ill_Be_Back Ill_Be_Back is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Ill_Be_Back's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Northern Ireland
809
26
Default

Watched;



The ending is still screwed up.
"Old, not obsolete."
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #31488
tob tob is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tob's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
co.cork ireland
420
Default

Watched
FA Cup Winners 2015
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #31489
Spiderwalk Spiderwalk is offline
Special Member
 
Spiderwalk's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
UK
665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Wow, £6 already? It only just came out. Was that at Fopp? If there are any extras I might have to get that one even if I already own the Tartan release.
Yeah, £6 from Fopp. They had a whole rack of Artificial Eye/Curzon titles for £6 & £8. They also had the Truffaut, Ray, Carax and the Von Trier box sets for £25 each. The Funny Games disc has reference picture quality, but the only special feature is a trailer I'm afraid.

I'm guessing the UK release of Bad Lieutenant '92 is a direct port of the US release. The review on here for the Lionsgate version is pretty much how the FF release looks too me. The film has always looked pretty grubby though.
Top Ten Most Wanted Blu-rays: Amphibian Man (1962) - Big Wednesday (1978) - Blow-Up (1966) - Danger: Diabolik (1968) - Martin (1978) - O Lucky Man! (1973) - Slaughterhouse-Five (1972) - The Final Programme (1973) - The Knack ...And How To Get It (1965) - Zabriskie Point (1970)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
rapta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #31490
rapta rapta is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
rapta's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Hants, UK
916
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderwalk View Post
Yeah, £6 from Fopp. They had a whole rack of Artificial Eye/Curzon titles for £6 & £8. They also had the Truffaut, Ray, Carax and the Von Trier box sets for £25 each. The Funny Games disc has reference picture quality, but the only special feature is a trailer I'm afraid.

I'm guessing the UK release of Bad Lieutenant '92 is a direct port of the US release. The review on here for the Lionsgate version is pretty much how the FF release looks too me. The film has always looked pretty grubby though.
Yeah I saw they had a promotion on, but unfortunately I probably won't be able to get to a Fopp store anytime soon. Good prices for the box sets - I'd recommend the Ray one if you don't already have it! There are a few DVD sets I would pick up too assuming they're around a tenner (like the Jia Zhangke one, or maybe the Bela Tarr). Glad to hear Funny Games looks great, I might still pick that up at some point then but will keep the Tartan disc as it includes 'viral' trailers as well as an interview with Haneke and Q&A with the producers. Shame AE couldn't port those over but I'm guessing they just wanted to get it out cheaply and quickly (as it has been listed a few times before over the last couple of years but seemingly cancelled soon after).

Yeah I doubt Bad Lieutenant can look much better, was just interested in picking it up as I've still not seen the whole film. Might look out for the Fabulous Films release then! Cheers for following these up Spiderwalk
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Spiderwalk (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #31491
LewisW86 LewisW86 is offline
Expert Member
 
LewisW86's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
brinkworth, wiltshire
1190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
Watched
What did you think of it?? I brought it yesterday but have not seen it yet. I know a few people who have said the story is beyond ridiculous which they thought made it not very good.
" I bent my wookie!"
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #31492
tob tob is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tob's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
co.cork ireland
420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisW86 View Post
What did you think of it?? I brought it yesterday but have not seen it yet. I know a few people who have said the story is beyond ridiculous which they thought made it not very good.
The story is ridiculous i think if you leave that aside you will enjoy it if Besson went with a female assassin story instead it would have been a lot better.
FA Cup Winners 2015
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #31493
CouncilSpectre CouncilSpectre is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
CouncilSpectre's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK
1772
898
1
22
Default

^^ Wouldn't that essentially just make it Nikita?!

I enjoyed it, but yeah you're right, it helps not to ponder on the logic of it all too much.
I aim to misbehave....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
tob (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #31494
tob tob is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tob's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
co.cork ireland
420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
^^ Wouldn't that essentially just make it Nikita?!

I enjoyed it, but yeah you're right, it helps not to ponder on the logic of it all too much.
I know but i rather another assassin story than to go something like Terence Malick.
FA Cup Winners 2015
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CouncilSpectre (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #31495
Groge511 Groge511 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Groge511's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Scotland
175
397
281
15
2
7
Default

Pre-ordered
MI:Rogue Nation steelbook
Star Wars Rebels Season 1
Pre-ordered
Steelbooks: Ant-Man, Cinderella, Kingsman (FilmArena exclusive), Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Terminator Genisys, Tomorrowland
Other: Jurassic World 3D, Jurassic World 3D (Amazon exclusive), Star Wars Rebels Season 1
Looking for
Star Wars saga slipbox only.
Rescuers, Oliver and Co. and Fox and the Hound slipcovers. Slips I need are in my collection under "Need slipcover"
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #31496
TooniLunes TooniLunes is offline
Senior Member
 
TooniLunes's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Tipton, United Kingdom
13
1086
783
77
5
United Kingdom

Watched:

TV: Panasonic TX-50AS650B LED 3D
BD: Panasonic SC-BT885 3D (B)
BD: Panasonic DMP-BD79 (A)

I don't know whether to hop, or skip, or jump... I know I'll can-can Baby Dawn
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #31497
Patient-X Patient-X is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Patient-X's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
In the dark, near the Tannhäuser Gate
3
1009
3
Default

Watched:
Phyllis: "I was just fixing some ice tea; would you like a glass?"
Walter: "Yeah, unless you got a bottle of beer that's not working"
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Latest Blu-ray you bought or watched - Le Thread Ultime France Kynch 74 07-14-2015 06:08 AM
OFFICIAL Blu-ray Disc You Last Bought/Watched 2010 Megathread Blu-ray Movies - North America Deciazulado 18771 01-01-2011 03:21 AM
OFFICIAL Blu-ray Disc You Last Bought/Watched 2008 thread Part II Blu-ray Movies - North America b2thafuta 5104 01-02-2009 04:52 AM
OFFICIAL Blu-ray Disc You Last Bought/Watched 2008 thread Part I Blu-ray Movies - North America Dust 6613 07-01-2008 03:48 AM
OFFICIAL Blu-ray Disc You Last Bought/Watched thread 2007 Blu-ray Movies - North America scott87 1381 01-01-2008 08:04 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 AM.